Decoding 2020

fryoj

5 minutes ago, Bwb.32 said:

Credit to https://cpfoodblog.com/ new Tele-Tweets in the window mention "island activities draw suspicion and speculation" and "ex-base player Firdenand Hawkins will not return to the stage"

IMG_20190512_130735.jpg

Well that confirms it... remember way back in this forum where someone uncovered a list of filings dollar amounts?  We are getting the 73 million dollar coney BBQ sprinkler giga!  

• Like 4
  • Haha 4

I know some people do not think that teasers from the park would help us out that much, especially when you look at past teasers for Diamondback, Banshee, and Mystic Timbers, but if we get teasers like the ones at Carowinds last year, I beg to differ

Remember... the teasers for Copperhead Strike last year hinted at the theme and gave straight up stats for the ride, both of which are unknown characteristics of Kings Island’s 2020 coaster

• Like 5

55 minutes ago, SonofBaconator said:

What's interesting is, according to the blueprints, only about 20% of Firehawk's land will be used- the same can be said for Dinosaurs Alive. 

It doesn't look correct with the actually clearing. Along with a couple other things, it doesn't look like it's accurate or real.

• Like 5

For those that estimated the length at 5,xxxx ft,  (thank you for your work), does that account for the vertical (z axis)? I know you would have no way to know that outside of the estimate for the lift.

Just wondering because that would bring the length up significantly. Maybe another 1000 ft?

• Like 4

13 minutes ago, KI Guy said:

For those that estimated the length at 5,xxxx ft,  (thank you for your work), does that account for the vertical (z axis)? I know you would have no way to know that outside of the estimate for the lift.

Just wondering because that would bring the length up significantly. Maybe another 1000 ft?

Someone overlaid the layout into google maps and measured the length - it’s approximately 4,600 not accounting for any ups and downs, according to them. I plan on trying this out myself this afternoon just to verify. I believe someone did it earlier in this thread and posted results but I don’t know where 

• Like 4

It doesn't look correct with the actually clearing. Along with a couple other things, it doesn't look like it's accurate or real.

Could you elaborate? When I look at the leaked layout it seems to match the current clearing to a tee. Maybe I am missing something?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, SonofBaconator said:

I measured Diamondback's length based off of Google Maps, excluding hills, and got around 4'400ft. I don't know how accurate that is but given DB's actual length of 5,282 ft thats about a difference of 882 ft. I don't know if what I did made any sense or not.

Yeah that follows logically. Just depends on the type of coaster we’re getting.

If it’s a big burly airtime machine, we’re gonna see a lot of distance added to the 4,600 estimate. If it’s fast and low to the ground like Fury, not so much.

• Like 3

24 minutes ago, RuthlessAirtime said:

If it’s a big burly airtime machine, we’re gonna see a lot of distance added to the 4,600 estimate. If it’s fast and low to the ground like Fury, not so much.

I think based off of the blueprints I think we'll be getting a Giga that's more hyper inspired. Leviathan was kind of in between where as Fury is more low to the ground. The lack of twists and turns in this layout would lead me to believe that there's going to be more air time involved than low-to-the-ground speed.

If you look at Millennium Force there's only two big airtime hills and the rest of the elements are just overbank turns that are lower to the ground. The same can be said with Fury. That doesn't mean that this 2020 coaster won't have low-to-the-ground airtime but in order to achieve as much length as possible, tall airtime hills seem necessary.

• Like 4

Alright @SonofBaconator I tried the same measurements and I'm gonna post some screenshots here.

Diamondback measurement was tricky because it's not a true top-down measurement so I mostly went by footer locations along the ground. My tracing looks really weird because of the perspective of the 3D elements on google maps. Some of the markers are placed by Google as "up in the air" on the 3D object of Diamondback's track, so try not to pay too much attention to the weird perspective of some of them that was distorted by me zooming out.

Diamondback: 4,546 feet NOT accounting for hills

spacer.png

Mystery Giga: 4,401 feet NOT accounting for hills.

I'm not going to directly host the image here of the giga overlay because it has been deleted before. PM me if you want the image overlay.

Worth noting that the giga layout image was a bit tricky to line up with Google Earth because it was stitched together and doesn't quite match. It's super super close though.

Soooo

Diamondback Length

Not accounting for hills: 4,546 feet

True length with hills: ‎5,282 ft

Based on my measurements, Diamondback's hills add roughly 736 feet to the layout. If we assume the Mystery Giga's hills are going to be proportionally more gigantic, we might be able to expect somewhere in the ballpark of an extra 1,000 feet added to the 4,401 foot layout estimate I got to give us somewhere around 5,400 feet. Maybe. That's assuming we have some truly gigantic airtime hills though. Remember that Diamondback has a stretch of large airtime hills, and another stretch of several smaller airtime hills that add a lot of distance to the layout, so our mystery giga would have to have a generous number of massive airtime hills for the true length to be as long as we'd like. 

I'll let you guys do with this info what you will.

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, FirefighterENG44 said:

As of today or since they stopped clearing over a week ago?

I went earlier today and I noticed the line of trees were noticeably thinner then last week. I also noticed there was now several markers in the Firehawk area so I’d expect concrete pouring to occur very soon.

• Like 5

15 minutes ago, thatguyfromohio said:

b10c778d904372e4d9f2e6ad39d474c0.jpg
I just noticed this, but they painted the building next to FOF recently to go with the theming. FOF has a 18 on the building, and 44, don’t know if it’ll mean anything.

That was painted for the CHAOS maze during Haunt.

• Like 3

36 minutes ago, thatguyfromohio said:

At ki currently, anything you guys want me to look around for? Also great day to come, no lines for anything besides FOF and antique cars

Yeah...go ahead and sneak into the main offices for the legit blue prints so I stop spending an eternity on this website haha

• Like 4
  • Haha 2

6 hours ago, corn4ahead said:

Unfortunately, this giga will be nothing like I305. That ride is INCREDIBLE. It's out of this world (Orion/Polaris? Lol). 

I would be so stoked if it was an I305-type giga, even if it was 4000 ft long. I305 is Maverick meets Millennium Force. It doesn't get much better than that.

Unfortunately, that type of giga doesn't seem to be in B&Ms portfolio.

I305 doesn't even make the top 10 in most steel coaster lists. Diamondback is usually ahead of it too. This KI coaster will exceed I305.

• Like 3

I prefer the B&M Gigas over I305 (and MF). Sure they're not balls to the wall intense but they're fun and you feel more during the ride experience rather than pure intensity. It's what we wanted with Leviathan (something about me: I do work in the industry, have worked with CF, Six Flags, etc..), that ride has intensity but is re-ridable, fun and of course, reliable. And honestly, even if this ride is 285ft or under 300ft, the drop will be the selling point anyway, so marketing it as a 330ft drop for example? yeah, people will get excited by that. And if this ride is short, to me, that means they'll throw in unique elements (if the blueprints are true, an ampersand turn around and maybe reverse treble clef on the same ride? that's insane), perhaps they'll add in another surprise? We'll wait and see. 

• Like 9

1 hour ago, presto123 said:

I305 doesn't even make the top 10 in most steel coaster lists. Diamondback is usually ahead of it too. This KI coaster will exceed I305.

Which is ridiculous. I305 is cutting-edge and intense. Floater air and wide, drawn-out, banking turns are crowd pleasers and that's it. Sure, they are fun, but for an enthusiast, mediocre at best. 

MF is consistently in the top 10 steel coasters, but come on, we all know (as coaster enthusiast) that there are much better rides out there. It appeals to the masses. And again, I'm not saying MF is bad, I really enjoy the ride. It just doesn't have that "next level" intensity to it.

RMC rides, I305, and other rides along those lines are the ones that get you coming back for more and more.

• Like 5

3 hours ago, Sol44 said:

Could you elaborate? When I look at the leaked layout it seems to match the current clearing to a tee. Maybe I am missing something?

If you look at the "blueprints" and some of the photos of the clearings, the track is in places where there aren't clearings. You can really tell it doesn't match up in @sixohdieselrage's photos from the air in particular. Here's that photo, in case you missed it:

20190505_172251.thumb.jpg.2e63fc35ece96f9d4bdaba60e5e5d01f (2).jpg

• Like 2

14 minutes ago, corn4ahead said:

Sure, they are fun, but for an enthusist, mediocre at best. 

I am an enthusiast (or rather, an "enthusist," as you say), and I enjoy Diamondback immensely. 

Generally speaking, I think a lot of people on this website as a whole need to stop making sweeping generalizations like the one I quoted.

• Like 8

5 minutes ago, JubJester said:

If you look at the "blueprints" and some of the photos of the clearings, the track is in places where there aren't clearings. You can really tell it doesn't match up in @sixohdieselrage's photos from the air in particular. Here's that photo, in case you missed it:

20190505_172251.thumb.jpg.2e63fc35ece96f9d4bdaba60e5e5d01f (2).jpg

That clearing could also be for cranes and other equipment that couldn't fit without tree removal.

• Like 3

The clearing also looks pretty thin where the turnaround is supposed to be. If you look at the clearing around Diamondbacks turnaround, it looks much larger. For a rumored treble cleft (I think is the right term) turnaround, it doesn’t look like it will fit there. Which, again, makes me unsure of what to think about the layout and clearing. 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Sorner said:

The clearing also looks pretty thin where the turnaround is supposed to be. If you look at the clearing around Diamondbacks turnaround, it looks much larger. For a rumored treble cleft (I think is the right term) turnaround, it doesn’t look like it will fit there. Which, again, makes me unsure of what to think about the layout and clearing. 

Airtime Immelmann turnaround

• Like 2

• malem locked this topic