Decoding 2020

fryoj

2 minutes ago, Sorner said:

The clearing also looks pretty thin where the turnaround is supposed to be. If you look at the clearing around Diamondbacks turnaround, it looks much larger. For a rumored treble cleft (I think is the right term) turnaround, it doesn’t look like it will fit there. Which, again, makes me unsure of what to think about the layout and clearing. 

I think it is still way too early to think this is all the clearing. They may have had to get this much done for the new service roads, utility work, etc. I am sure there will be more work done.

• Like 5

44 minutes ago, KIghostguy said:

I am an enthusiast (or rather, an "enthusist," as you say), and I enjoy Diamondback immensely. 

Generally speaking, I think a lot of people on this website as a whole need to stop making sweeping generalizations like the one I quoted.

Thank you for pointing out my grammatical error. I'm not sure it needed to be mocked though.

Anyway, I agree that it was a rather sweeping generalization. I did it to prove a point. Maybe I am a different kind of enthusiast. I am not knocking or discounting rides like MF or DB. I'm just saying that they are not cutting-edge. They are great, appeal-to-the-masses, types of coasters.

They are great in a financial sense for parks due to high capacity, high reliability, and just plain "fun" rides.  However, like stated in my previous post, they are not in that next-level category, in my opinion.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Ben43065 said:

^^^ That area of the clearing has at least been expand a bit. Don’t know how much until our spy plane gets so more shots.

I thought that was a pic from today! I would expect that turnaround area to need more clearing. Patiently waiting for more pics :D

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, corn4ahead said:

Thank you for pointing out my grammatical error. I'm not sure it needed to be mocked though.

Anyway, I agree that it was a rather sweeping generalization. I did it to prove a point. Maybe I am a different kind of enthusiast. I am not knocking or discounting rides like MF or DB. I'm just saying that they are not cutting-egde. They are great, appeal-to-the-masses, types of coasters.

They are great in a financial sense for parks due to high capacity, high reliability, and just plain "fun" rides.  However, like stated in my previous post, they are not in that next-level category, in my opinion.

Thank you for the more detailed response. I appreciate it.

As far as grammar, I just figured now would be a good time to point out to new members that misspellings, etc. are a violation of the TOS

• Like 3
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 2
  • Sad 1

I wasn't impressed with I 305. But to me, Maverick is so so. Coasters are subjective.

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

I agree. They are subjective! I wasn't impressed with I305 but I love maverick. People told me I305 was like a MF and Mav hybrid but I didn't feel that way. It's interesting how many different opinions there are on the same ride. I also think your expectations have a decent impact on your overall opinion of the ride. At least that has been the case for me
  • Like 5

15 minutes ago, KIghostguy said:

As far as grammar, I just figured now would be a good time to point out to new members that misspellings, etc. are a violation of the TOS

What kind of world do we live in when the POTUS can misspell almost daily, but heaven forbid if a 14 year old coaster enthusiast does it.:rolleyes:

• Like 14
  • Haha 2

23 minutes ago, KIghostguy said:

This is the pettiest thing I’ve ever seen haha. He forgot an A. Please don’t police the forum. Leave that up to the mods. They’ll let someone know when something is wrong. It’s not your business. 

• Like 4
  • Thanks 3
  • Haha 1

7 minutes ago, Sorner said:

This is the pettiest thing I’ve ever seen haha. He forgot an A. Please don’t police the forum. Leave that up to the mods. They’ll let someone know when something is wrong. It’s not your business. 

We had a former user who would point out stuff even more minor than this and berate new users...and nobody ever batted an eye. In fact, many people often post how much they miss him!

But I'll shut up. I'm sorry, it's just the writer in me coming out.

• Like 3
  • Haha 1
  • Sad 1

52 minutes ago, Sorner said:

For real though. Who does that? I happen to be a college-educated man. I just made a spelling error from my phone nonetheless.

Back on topic. I believe this new ride will be of the more crowd-pleasing variety. Then again, CF surprised me with Leviathan. So I will give them the benefit of the doubt.

I just hope they add some unique elements that might surprise me. Little pops of air that are unexpected, really make a ride great in my opinion.

If the ride ends up being a taller version of DB, I would say that it would be a massive disappointing to the enthusiast community.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 2

2 minutes ago, KIghostguy said:

We had a former user who would point out stuff even more minor than this and berate new users...and nobody ever batted an eye.

But I'll shut up. I'm sorry, it's just the writer in me coming out.

And? That doesn’t mean you do it too. 

Anyways, does anyone think that reply to Chad on Twitter yesterday was a little hint to the new coaster? I feel like the #constellation was a little coincidental with all the talk going on about the space theme and the Polaris and Orion names. 

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

And? That doesn’t mean you do it too. 
Anyways, does anyone think that reply to Chad on Twitter yesterday was a little hint to the new coaster? I feel like the #constellation was a little coincidental with all the talk going on about the space theme and the Polaris and Orion names. 
If I had to guess it's probably just someone who knows about the trademarks and was trying to see if they would get a response kinda like what one of the other people that replied to the tweet didc409b5e43c971359885d4746e2b21212.jpg

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

• Like 5

59 minutes ago, JubJester said:

If you look at the "blueprints" and some of the photos of the clearings, the track is in places where there aren't clearings. You can really tell it doesn't match up in @sixohdieselrage's photos from the air in particular. Here's that photo, in case you missed it:

I think that pic actually does more to confirm the leaked layout than anything I've seen yet.

In a completely unrelated note, I drew a layout that would fit perfectly in that opening. Any resemblance to any known or unknown leaked layouts is completely coincidental. 

Screen Shot 2019-05-12 at 7.36.44 PM.png

• Like 6

2 minutes ago, Codyfryguy said:

If I had to guess it's probably just someone who knows about the trademarks and was trying to see if they would get a response kinda like what one of the other people that replied to the tweet didc409b5e43c971359885d4746e2b21212.jpg

Amazing response Chad haha. I guess that’s true, someone is probably just keeping up with all the buzz and poking fun at it. 

• Like 3

Just now, upstop said:

What if this coaster drops 300 feet, and remains close to the ground like i305.

Then it’d be even shorter lol. On a serious note if the “leaked layout” is legit then it’d be a bunch of airtime’s and not a lot of sharp turns due to how straight the track seems to be.

• Like 4

1 hour ago, corn4ahead said:

Which is ridiculous. I305 is cutting-edge and intense. Floater air and wide, drawn-out, banking turns are crowd pleasers and that's it. Sure, they are fun, but for an enthusiast, mediocre at best. 

MF is consistently in the top 10 steel coasters, but come on, we all know (as coaster enthusiast) that there are much better rides out there. It appeals to the masses. And again, I'm not saying MF is bad, I really enjoy the ride. It just doesn't have that "next level" intensity to it.

RMC rides, I305, and other rides along those lines are the ones that get you coming back for more and more.

Most people that go to KI aren’t enthusiasts, and they’re the ones who bring in all the money

• Like 8

I have a statement I would like to make... I like rollercoasters no matter the stats.. who's with me?

Absolutely agree! I love them and live for them!! I also like them real talk and real fast, quick and low to the earth, Talon or Maverick, which i would love to have at KI as well.

Sent from my KFSUWI using Tapatalk

• Like 4

If you look at the leaked layout you can tell where all the turns are already. The two big things on this are going to be the treble clef turn around and the possible shambalaturn at the end. Those items will make or break the enjoyment of this coaster. I have a feeling they will be done just right.

• Like 4

All of the newer B&M hypers - those built after 2005, are all fantastic.  The only B&M coaster I haven't ridden in North America is Goliath at La Ronde (long story!) so I can't comment on that one, but needless to say I have thoroughly enjoyed all of them.  Fury, Mako, Diamondback, Goliath at SFOG, Behemoth and Leviathan are all in my top 10 overall coasters.  If B&M is behind this project the ride will be incredibly fun regardless as to how long the ride ends up being.

Fury 325 is a better ride than Leviathan.  The only thing that a lot of people wished - myself included - is that Leviathan were a little longer.  It just feels like Leviathan is way shorter than Fury 325.  Out of curiosity I checked out POVs of each coaster from the start of the first drop to the final brakes, and there's an eight second difference in ride time between the two coasters (50 seconds for Leviathan vs. 58 seconds for Fury 325).  Eight seconds!  The first drops on either coaster are the among the best first drops on any coaster.  Very few people will be complaining once this coaster opens.

I would be shocked if this coaster does not have at least a 300' lift height.  The visual aspect of having a huge lift hill is part of the draw of these coasters.  You also have the marketing aspect to consider.  The marketing people would prefer not to qualify that the coaster isn't 300' tall, but it does have a 300' drop.  It's much easier to say that the coaster is over 300' tall.  I would also be surprised if:

• the trains are anything other than straight 4-across and 32 seats total
  • the total track length is less than Diamondback
  • the ride uses any of the former SOB plot of land

Kings Island isn't going to overthink this.  They already got the hardest part right - making the decision to partner with B&M to do this project.  They know that they only have one opportunity to build a coaster of this magnitude and they've had plenty of time to consider how to best leverage their available resources.  One of the world's best coasters is coming to Kings Island.  I really hope that everyone who has a chance to follow this project realizes how fortunate we are.  Six Flags and Busch season pass holders have a nearly zero chance of ever seeing a project like this at any of their respective parks anytime soon.  Are there going to be things about this project that some people will question or dislike?  Sure.  Just remember that the opportunity to follow along with a project of this magnitude at your home park will only come along a few times in your life.  Make sure that you remember this time for all of the right reasons.  One of the world's best coasters is coming to our park!

• Like 22
  • Thanks 7

5 minutes ago, gad198 said:

All of the newer B&M hypers - those built after 2005, are all fantastic.  The only B&M coaster I haven't ridden in North America is Goliath at La Ronde (long story!) so I can't comment on that one, but needless to say I have thoroughly enjoyed all of them.  Fury, Mako, Diamondback, Goliath at SFOG, Behemoth and Leviathan are all in my top 10 overall coasters.  If B&M is behind this project the ride will be incredibly fun regardless as to how long the ride ends up being.

Fury 325 is a better ride than Leviathan.  The only thing that a lot of people wished - myself included - is that Leviathan were a little longer.  It just feels like Leviathan is way shorter than Fury 325.  Out of curiosity I checked out POVs of each coaster from the start of the first drop to the final brakes, and there's an eight second difference in ride time between the two coasters (50 seconds for Leviathan vs. 58 seconds for Fury 325).  Eight seconds!  The first drops on either coaster are the among the best first drops on any coaster.  Very few people will be complaining once this coaster opens.

I would be shocked if this coaster does not have at least a 300' lift height.  The visual aspect of having a huge lift hill is part of the draw of these coasters.  You also have the marketing aspect to consider.  The marketing people would prefer not to qualify that the coaster isn't 300' tall, but it does have a 300' drop.  It's much easier to say that the coaster is over 300' tall.  I would also be surprised if:

• the trains are anything other than straight 4-across and 32 seats total
  • the total track length is less than Diamondback
  • the ride uses any of the former SOB plot of land

Kings Island isn't going to overthink this.  They already got the hardest part right - making the decision to partner with B&M to do this project.  They know that they only have one opportunity to build a coaster of this magnitude and they've had plenty of time to consider how to best leverage their available resources.  One of the world's best coasters is coming to Kings Island.  I really hope that everyone who has a chance to follow this project realizes how fortunate we are.  Six Flags and Busch season pass holders have a nearly zero chance of ever seeing a project like this at any of their respective parks anytime soon.  Are there going to be things about this project that some people will question or dislike?  Sure.  Just remember that the opportunity to follow along with a project of this magnitude at your home park will only come along a few times in your life.  Make sure that you remember this time for all of the right reasons.  One of the world's best coasters is coming to our park!

WOW Very beautifully said! 

• Like 5

1 hour ago, KIghostguy said:

Don’t be a gatekeeping pedant and bring bad vibes into the thread lmao

The only bad vibes allowed here are spirited disagreements regarding the giga

• Like 7

• malem locked this topic