Decoding 2020

fryoj

I would like to see 2 or 3 extreme flat rides where Vortex is. Great flat rides are what Kings Island is really missing. 

I totally agree with needing more of those. Tomb Raider was my favorite (HUSS topspin) and Delirium is my current favorite now (Also HUSS?) so I would love more but I feel like Vortex spot is so uneven I just see a Dive Machine fitting so well there. Altho I'm sure it's easy enough to fill in the land with dirt and level it out there's other places in the park already flat enough for those types of rides to go... Maybe even back by the new coaster where Firehawk was since it doesn't seem to be taking all that land.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 3

1 minute ago, Melody said:

I totally agree with needing more of those. Tomb Raider was my favorite (HUSS topspin) and Delirium is my current favorite now (Also HUSS?) so I would love more but I feel like Vortex spot is so uneven I just see a Dive Machine fitting so well there. Altho I'm sure it's easy enough to fill in the land with dirt and level it out there's other places in the park already flat enough for those types of rides to go?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I actually like the idea of having a dive up where Invertigo is. It would probably take the removal of it and congo falls at least, but that area of the park desperately needs some love. Plus if positioned right, the dive element would be seen while walking into the park.

• Like 3

9 hours ago, BeeastFarmer said:

Was there a Junkyard Stunt Coaster decoding thread 15 years ago?

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

It wasn’t referred to as decoding back then, but yes there was. We even had the leaked layout!

• Like 1

Ah memories.......Just for kicks, I went back and looked at a little of the Mystic Timbers decoding thread.(I was all over that as were so many of you in this thread) Here was one of my predictions:

"Seems like they had the space the make this coaster super long if they wanted to.  I would assume they are just wanting to keep their costs down somewhat with a mid size coaster before they go really big again in 2-3 years. Maybe this is short and super intense".

Well.....here we are. A few years later.  lol  Even though nobody predicted Mystic Timbers name before announcement, I threw out Timber Falls. I'll take half credit:)

• Like 4

15 minutes ago, presto123 said:

Ah memories.......Just for kicks, I went back and looked at a little of the Mystic Timbers decoding thread.(I was all over that as were so many of you in this thread) Here was one of my predictions:

"Seems like they had the space the make this coaster super long if they wanted to.  I would assume they are just wanting to keep their costs down somewhat with a mid size coaster before they go really big again in 2-3 years. Maybe this is short and super intense".

Well.....here we are. A few years later.  lol  Even though nobody predicted Mystic Timbers name before announcement, I threw out Timber Falls. I'll take half credit:)

In one of the original Diamondback threads, I recall a lengthy debate over the angle of the first drop with people attempting their own calculations. Which was very similar to the current debate over the angle/height of the lift hill. Same stuff, different new ride.

• Like 3

1 minute ago, befat said:

In one of the original Diamondback threads, I recall a lengthy debate over the angle of the first drop with people attempting their own calculations. Which was very similar to the current debate over the angle/height of the lift hill. Same stuff, different new ride.

Anybody nail it? Get real close to it or guess the name?

• Like 1

1 minute ago, presto123 said:

Anybody nail it? Get real close to it or guess the name?

If I recall correctly, at some point it was said that the drop would be 80 degrees. Everything I can find now says 74 degrees so maybe people were right to question it. I could be totally off on the 80 degrees though and don’t feel like digging back through old threads. I also can’t find anything where KI officially announced the angle.

No one guessed the name, until it was trademarked. Mustang was a highly rumored name thanks to the diversions in the teaser campaign.

• Like 3

Doing a little digging onto the interwebs and found an image of KMAA on the construction company's website (company that built the ride)  sorry I didnt get it to post here, phone went haywire.  But seeing that caused a few questions in my head.  

1. Could a civil site drawing of KMAA be the source of our "leaked" giga layout.  Things looked pretty darn similar.  I mean the image only showed back to Racer, but I'm almost certain other images would show everything.  

2. Wouldn't that image,  if it exists, be available in the Mason City archives.

Not saying my theory is correct. Just trying to look at all aspects.  The real plans were approved over a week before they showed up on here. That would be plenty of time to cobble together something believable imo.  Just my 2 cents.

That said, can't wait to see what the heck this thing acutally is.  Lol

• Like 5

35 minutes ago, Jallie79 said:

Doing a little digging onto the interwebs and found an image of KMAA on the construction company's website (company that built the ride)  sorry I didnt get it to post here, phone went haywire.  But seeing that caused a few questions in my head.  

1. Could a civil site drawing of KMAA be the source of our "leaked" giga layout.  Things looked pretty darn similar.  I mean the image only showed back to Racer, but I'm almost certain other images would show everything.  

Not saying my theory is correct. Just trying to look at all aspects.  The real plans were approved over a week before they showed up on here. That would be plenty of time to cobble together something believable imo.  Just my 2 cents.

I find it interesting that the leaked layout has so many surfaces highlighted in different colors even on the interior of Action Theater. It highlights where the theater was changed for Urgent Scare and on the side where the seats were later removed for the Dino movie. It highlights where the pavers were added in Coney Mall and where a walkway was added for Field of Screams. It also highlights all of the changes for the presumed queue extension in the Firehawk area.

• Like 5

16 minutes ago, befat said:

I find it interesting that the leaked layout has so many surfaces highlighted in different colors even on the interior of Action Theater. It highlights where the theater was changed for Urgent Scare and on the side where the seats were later removed for the Dino movie. It highlights where the pavers were added in Coney Mall and where a walkway was added for Field of Screams. It also highlights all of the changes for the presumed queue extension in the Firehawk area.

Right,  I almost kinda thunk there is too much detail included.  I'm not sure that all the detail would be needed. (I really don't remember too much great my drafting classes 22 yrs ago... lol.)  If ir isn't needed,  what would an architect take the time to include so much detail.  But,  time will tell. Still think regardless,  this ride will rock. 

• Like 3

28 minutes ago, shizzzon said:

Back to the space theming- 

Neil Tyson will be the one to unveil this ride at its announcement by giving us an epic 2hr lecture of its record breaking physics, lol

“A roller coaster for people in a hurry.” I like it.

• Like 2

What keeps me up at night is the fact that all the coaster stuff that makes up this ride exploded and spread through the park. That rollercoaster stuff resides in us. We are made of the same 5 common ingredients-

1- Thrills

2- Air time

3- Intensity

4- Inversions

5- Other

• Like 4

6 hours ago, Jallie79 said:

6 hours ago, Jallie79 said:

Right,  I almost kinda thunk there is too much detail included.  I'm not sure that all the detail would be needed. (I really don't remember too much great my drafting classes 22 yrs ago... lol.)  If ir isn't needed,  what would an architect take the time to include so much detail.  But,  time will tell. Still think regardless,  this ride will rock. 

They are extremely detailed because they are CAD drawings. The park would have sent the master copies to B&M for them to add the new ride to. Different colors signify different things on different layers. The new ride matches the detail of everything else on there. You can see the footers, the supports, the bank of the track, queue line, everything. Someone didn't scan a blueprint in and add that. Whoever drew them had the master CAD files. This is not a fanboy or troll creation. 

• Like 4

7 hours ago, Jallie79 said:

I hadn’t considered this. The fact that the layout, if final, wasn’t included in the Project X plans is fishy to me. Why wouldn’t it be there? That looked pretty finished to me. If they’re about to start pouring footers, wouldn’t more plans be available via the city?

The detail involved in highlighting other things in the image is weird too. Almost as if that was actually a plan for Antique Autos, and sprucing up that stretch of Coney Mall was part of that plan and the giga was added later.

It would be nuts if the layout really was faked by someone just wanting to stir something up because the detail involved would basically mean it would have had to originate internally. Personally it would be nice if that turned out to be the case, but I think Occams Razor applies here and someone probably just made a mistake and posted it when they shouldn’t have.

If anyone decides to go to the municipal building to search for more, try to ask if you can see blueprints filed by KI in like the last month. I only asked for Project X because someone mentioned that as a code name here.

• Like 4

My only issue with that is that the layout matches the clearing. It’s possible someone drew it based off of how much clearing was already done, but how would they have known it was finished? I know it’s possible that there might be more clearing, but I doubt it. 

• Like 4

Hopefully if their going to go small scale on their giga coaster, KI will go all out on an RMC here in a few years. Steel Vengeance is quite possibly the best thing I've ever ridden. Or go crazy with a blitz coaster like Maverick. One of those two is def my #1.

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

• Like 5

Someone creating a fake to mess with people would have just drew a wireframe path on a map or, these plans if they somehow could have gotten access to them. They would not have drawn a detailed layout that is identical to the station plan, put footers throughout the ride path, drew the rails to show the banking of the track, and done detailed queue and path drawings. They even tied the old Firehawk queue into the FOF building. What purpose would that have in a fake? If you were faking it, you'd have tied the Firehawk queue into the new ride to give it more credibility since we know they left the queue. That is hours and hours of work they did, in CAD. Who would put that kind of time into a fake that could have been debunked in days if they cleared more trees out or started putting the station somewhere else? 

I get that people are disappointed that this isn't a 400 ft tall, 9000 ft long world breaking coaster, but let's use some logic here. Wishing that the layout is fake doesn't make it fake. It was drawn by someone with access to the CAD plans of the park and the new ride as that is definitely the station in the city plans. It's legit guys.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 3

It could be legit, but someone also said (maybe it was you fryoj, can't remember),  it might be a early version of the ride.   if there's more clearing, which doesn't look likely right now,  it seems like this is the true layout plan.

• Like 6

5 minutes ago, Imperial79 said:

It could be legit, but someone also said (maybe it was you fryoj, can't remember),  it might be a early version of the ride.   if there's more clearing, which doesn't look likely right now,  it seems like this is the true layout plan.

Yeah, I have said that if it's not the final ride, it was one option pitched to the park from B&M. And I still can't discount that as a possibility. After laying the layout on the pic of the clearing though, I'm fairly certain that's not the case as it just matches up too perfectly. Either way, that layout was not created by someone as a fake. 

• Like 4

I dont know how this is still debatable.. that John guy from Ohio news made a 2nd report about it and published the blueprints right their on TV, lol. Same unaltered layout posted here.

It was shown and commented on by coaster media 2-3 days ago.

It is real period. This isnt the blueprint for the coaster but apparently for the station at most. 

When the prints that focus on the track come out, then we can have the layout debate realistically.

• Like 5

• malem locked this topic