Decoding 2020

fryoj

I believe the layout to be legit. The anticipation is killing me. It’s only May?? No teasers yet?? Not even footings! (Footers, whatever). Kills me knowing it will all be speculation until we get an announcement in probably early August. 

• Like 3

There’s no way, and I mean NO WAY that this was a pitched layout. If it was a pitched layout the only parties involved would have likely been B&M & CedarFair’s design team, and both of those parties would almost certainly not allow a leak like that to occur. There’s really only 2 options I see here, the first one is that someone took the time to create this layout to troll people or a contractor hired by the park ended up leaking the layout.

• Like 3

15 minutes ago, Creed Bratton said:

I just have to say, I find it kind of funny/sad that this is the only constantly active thread on KIC....threads that used to have several posts per day aren't even averaging 2-3 posts a day/every couple of days. 

It used to be the Giga speculation thread where people would argue over theoretical information. Now that's moved here, and it's blowing up just as quick!

• Like 4

1 hour ago, RuthlessAirtime said:

If anyone decides to go to the municipal building to search for more, try to ask if you can see blueprints filed by KI in like the last month. I only asked for Project X because someone mentioned that as a code name here.

I went this morning at 8 am. I didnt ask for all KI blueprints from the last month but I did say “I heard I can get the blueprints for KI new coaster” then I was handed the same document you were given

• Like 4

I find the name “Project X” hilarious, since it’s in X-base.

Also, I am starting to think that Orion and Polaris will be similar to the Diamondback naming. Similar idea, just not exactly those. Maybe something like Great Northern Huntsman or something like that, which would fit perfect next to The Beast.

EDIT: Too many documents... I have no idea which item people are talking about... Blueprints vs footer plans vs leaked layout... getting crazy around here!

• Like 3

From what I saw as far as blueprints, they were only for the lift hill, thus making them partial. But I don't really see a whole lot more information being taken from those prints. One since they have been speculated to death and two there are dozens of possibilities for those blueprints. 

But from another perspective, I find it weird that when @Banding Banshee went to Mason Hall that all he got was the same thing as other people: Lift hill footer blueprints. I am starting to lean a bit towards those prints being fake. Look at what happened when someone went to Mason during Mystic Timbers clearing. They were able to get a full on layout of Mystic Timbers. But when someone got the plans for Project X, all they got was a lift hill footers blueprints. It makes very little sense that Kings Island would file partial blueprints. 

"We'll just build the lift hill and call that a ride. We'll put guests in a train, take them up a hill, let them hang there for a moment, and lower them back down. That's our 2020 Giga, folks!"

As a side note, I wonder how @IndyGuy4KI is holding up with this thread exploding faster than an atom bomb.........

• Like 9

1 minute ago, Klabergian Empire said:

From what I saw as far as blueprints, they were only for the lift hill, thus making them partial. But I don't really see a whole lot more information being taken from those prints. One since they have been speculated to death and two there are dozens of possibilities for those blueprints. 

But from another perspective, I find it weird that when @Banding Banshee went to Mason Hall that all he got was the same thing as other people: Lift hill footer blueprints. I am starting to lean a bit towards those prints being fake. Look at what happened when someone went to Mason during Mystic Timbers clearing. They were able to get a full on layout of Mystic Timbers. But when someone got the plans for Project X, all they got was a lift hill footers blueprints. It makes very little sense that Kings Island would file partial blueprints. 

"We'll just build the lift hill and call that a ride. We'll put guests in a train, take them up a hill, let them hang there for a moment, and lower them back down. That's our 2020 Giga, folks!"

As a side note, I wonder how @IndyGuy4KI is holding up with this thread exploding faster than an atom bomb.........

IndyGuy4KI is loving it. Because he probably already knows exactly what it is

• Like 4

1 minute ago, DustinTheNow said:

Is anyone up for going to City Hall to view what ever plans they have? I’m sure there has been more drawings submitted in the last few weeks.

Already happened. 

However, if it has been filed, per the ORC  (from how I understand it)t is public record and must be made available to anyone requesting to see it. 

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, LuvingKI said:

IndyGuy4KI is loving it. Because he probably already knows exactly what it is

Unfortunately, he doesn't know. At the moment, he, and probably most of use are relying on 

1. an announcement 
  2. more blueprints to be released
  3. more clearing
  4. something I see during any future flights. 

If I were to guess, I would say maybe 4 people at Kings Island know exactly what we are getting. 

• Like 10

13 minutes ago, Klabergian Empire said:

B&M (almost) always starts construction with the transfer track, station, and lift. So if KI could try to avoid the layout going public for a little while by filing a partial print, why wouldn’t they? If I remember correctly, there was construction going on all over the layout for MT from the beginning which could explain why they had to file the full print of the layout.

• Like 4

BandingBanshee already went today at 8 am, and said there was nothing new.  Edit: someone beat me to it! 

I suspect Mason has the full set of plans. However, if there were an “error” or some other issue, the additional plans could be held back, seeking further review and clarification. If that’s the case, then only approved parts would be public, like footer plans and nothing else. I suspect we will see electrical, plumbing, drainage and the rest of the footers next, before we see layouts and elevations.
  • Like 4

26 minutes ago, Klabergian Empire said:

Thanks for wondering. This thread has consumed a lot of my time. Go eat dinner and then have to read through 4 to 5 more pages. It has been stressful at times. 

Overall, thanks for keeping things civil and respectful with each others opinions. 

• Like 14
  • Thanks 3

We appreciate you @IndyGuy4KI! Someone did point out my irony about policing the forums and I apologize for that. 

I recall someone saying Mystics layout was available because of something to do with WWCs reservoir. The layout is probably not for public view. I have no idea about the specifics, Im just thinking about why they might not have them.

The city probably just needs to approve footing/concrete work. They don’t need to know what will be attached to those footings, just the placement of them. So they just have what we’ve seen and not the layout. Could be wrong though, I really have no idea. 

• Like 7

If somebody does get full layout footing coordinates (if they're ever released), I can drop those coordinates into CAD and it'll give us a very clear picture of what the overhead layout looks like, while also revealing if there are any ravines or underground tunnels. Combine that with the silhouette images of the support columns in the leaked layout image, we can better approximate how long the track is. Some assumptions would be in place of course, but we'd have a more accurate estimate then than now. 

• Like 7

^^^I haven't seen it posted by any of my friends (I'd hope most of my coaster friends are a bit more knowledgeable) but I see reference to it in comments on posts ("This was announced a long time ago..old news! lmao"). It takes a lot of self control, but I just take a deep breath and move along instead of calling them out on being gullible and engaging in an internet argument with a stranger.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, matt112986 said:

To those saying this can't be fake due to the time/details - you have no idea how far people will go. I've spent more hours on fake amusement parks than this would take.

OK. Take the posted image and make an equally detailed alternate layout that also matches the clearing and the city blueprints. Since it's that easy. 

1 hour ago, Klabergian Empire said:

The Blueprints we had for MT were just of the footers for one side of the reservoir crossing. There just happened to be an overall project layout on the page to show area of work. KI probably learned their lesson about having that image on them, but didn't expect someone else to leak it. 

• Like 3

4 hours ago, fryoj said:

They are extremely detailed because they are CAD drawings. The park would have sent the master copies to B&M for them to add the new ride to. Different colors signify different things on different layers. The new ride matches the detail of everything else on there. You can see the footers, the supports, the bank of the track, queue line, everything. Someone didn't scan a blueprint in and add that. Whoever drew them had the master CAD files. This is not a fanboy or troll creation.

Again, I'm not saying one way or the other. I'm personally still on the fence as to the validity. But consider this option.  Would it be. Completely out of the realm of possibility for to think that a group of college students could have faked them as a joke.  Engineering students would have access to CAD and the knowledge to pull this off.  I honestly don't think this would be as hard as some think. People can go to great lengths to troll others.  Look at some of the more elaborate Bigfoot hoaxes over the years.

As for the footer lining up (between "leak" and blueprints), these plans would have been available before they were posted on here.

Not saying that is the case here, just weighing all the options.

• Like 3

29 minutes ago, Jallie79 said:

Again, I'm not saying one way or the other. I'm personally still on the fence as to the validity. But consider this option.  Would it be. Completely out of the realm of possibility for to think that a group of college students could have faked them as a joke.  Engineering students would have access to CAD and the knowledge to pull this off.  I honestly don't think this would be as hard as some think. People can go to great lengths to troll others.  Look at some of the more elaborate Bigfoot hoaxes over the years.

As for the footer lining up (between "leak" and blueprints), these plans would have been available before they were posted on here.

Not saying that is the case here, just weighing all the options.

Yes... if I had the CAD plans from KMAA, then went to the park and saw the extents of the clearing, I could make something that looks like what was leaked inside a week. There are plenty of people out there with the knowledge to do something like this. Depending on when the plans from the city were first available, they could have made the footing layout match those exactly to give it more “credibility”. Especially since other CAD files are out there (like Mystic Timbers) to see just how they like to draw things on a site plan.

That being said, I’d bet it’s real. While I could do something like this, “ain’t nobody got time for that”. 

• Like 5
  • Haha 2

I was looking back at some of the older posts and I was scanning over the plans that were filed back in August of last year that have B&M listed on it and found that there was 2 electric company's listed as well.

Beacon worked on Banshee

And Denier Electric company that worked on Diamondback and Drop Tower

I know that those plans are for a 3 year time span and there have been various upgrades done to the park lighting and overall appearance. But if the project was big enough do you think they would have 2 different companies working on the same project?92534c9e74e5b0444e99653fbed35988.jpg

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

• Like 3

• malem locked this topic