Decoding 2020

fryoj

*Not drawn to scale *

Everyone is talking about a the coaster having a 40 degree angle of accent, while this a long shot. What if the coaster was launched up the first hill to a certin point, kind of like Maverick, But the train goes over a “hill” of sorts that reaches the 300 foot mark.  I’ve drawn a picture below to show kind of what I’m thinking about. Like I said, long shot. B&M has only produced 1 launch coaster (if you don’t count Hulk at Universal) and it would be a very long and probably very forceful launch. Not to mention, the launch would be at an angle. 

Side note. Does any one know the weight of B&M Giga/Hyper trains. I looked all over but cannot find any info, if I have this info, I can try and calculate how forceful of a launch would be needed to put such train over a hill that is 300 feet in height or higher. No guarantees though. 

8C1803DC-5111-4D79-B81C-FC0BD7D00FD9.png

Edited by Theoutdoorkid107
Slight correction
  • Like 5
  • Haha 3
  • Confused 1

8 hours ago, MDMC01 said:

Not to play devil's advocate, but... Skyrush and Hershey's 2020 Coaster will coexisit in the same park (according to RCDB, Skyrush is a hyper at 200 ft.).

Skyrush, in my opinion, is an I305 style- "twister" layout. The hyper being installed will have a plethora of airtime and tall hills. Also this ride will be a "front gate" coaster that's the first thing guests will see when it walks in.

Like Diamondback our new 2020 coaster will be in the back of the park.

• Like 6

*Not drawn to scale *
Everyone is talking about a the coaster having a 40 degree angle of accent, while this a long shot. What if the coaster was launched up the first hill to a certin point, kind of like Maverick, But the train goes over a “hill” of sorts that reaches the 300 foot mark.  I’ve drawn a picture below to show kind of what I’m thinking about. Like I said, long shot. B&M has only produced 1 launch coaster (if you don’t count Hulk at Universal) and it would be a very long and probably very forceful launch. Not to mention, the launch would be at an angle. 
Side note. Does any one know the weight of B&M Giga/Hyper trains. I looked all over but cannot find any info, if I have this info, I can try and calculate how forceful of a launch would be needed to put such train over a hill that is 300 feet in height or higher. No guarantees though. 
8C1803DC-5111-4D79-B81C-FC0BD7D00FD9.thumb.png.f7e9bdde74b1cb5f12bb0ec2cc986090.png

Physics called and wouldn’t stop laughing
  • Like 2
  • Haha 6

1 hour ago, Theoutdoorkid107 said:

*Not drawn to scale *

8C1803DC-5111-4D79-B81C-FC0BD7D00FD9.png

Um... I can confirm laid out like that, no launch, lol.

That looks like the chain lift hill would go into a different chain lift Hill to complete the extreme angle towards the top.

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, shizzzon said:

Um... I can confirm laid out like that, no launch, lol.

That looks like the chain lift hill would go into a different chain lift Hill to complete the extreme angle towards the top.

So, like the opposite of Wicker Man's lift.

• Like 1

I was unaware previous to Banshee being announced there were full false rumors going on like that.  Well, only way to get the truth is to stick to hard facts then like we have been doing instead of any hearsay.

Keep watching construction progress and check in at b&m to see the track. I cant wait til the track first gets moved to ki. Things will start to get interesting then.

• Like 4

Just now, shizzzon said:

I was unaware previous to Banshee being announced there were full false rumors going on like that.  Well, only way to get the truth is to stick to hard facts then like we have been doing instead of any hearsay.

Keep watching construction progress and check in at b&m to see the track. I cant wait til the track first gets moved to ki. Things will start to get interesting then.

The announcement will more than likely have been made by the time we actually see any track.  I think it'll be fairly interesting to see the layouts of footers once those are started.  

• Like 4

2 hours ago, Rivertown Rider said:

As far as potential fake blueprints, remember they made a fake web site showing they were getting a wing right before announcing Banshee so anything is possible if it was someone internal that did the leak.

I didn't know about this, anyone care to expound on it?

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, Turtlepower said:

The day of the Banshee announcement a placeholder webpage was tested . It featured a wing coaster with the tag, “The Bat Flies Again!” From my understanding this was done to make sure the actual page launched smoothly after the announcement. It wasn’t much of a “fake website” as has been described. 

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

47 minutes ago, Turtlepower said:

They hid a fake web site page off their main site that showed a winged coaster with “The Bat Flies Again!” This magically disappeared once someone on here got a screen shot of it. It was also alluded to by Mr Scheid at the announcement.  The park says it was put up by mistake but I have my doubts about that. :ph34r:

• Like 5

2 hours ago, Theoutdoorkid107 said:

Does any one know the weight of B&M Giga/Hyper trains. I looked all over but cannot find any info, if I have this info, I can try and calculate how forceful of a launch would be needed to put such train over a hill that is 300 feet in height or higher. No guarantees though. 

Don't listen to anyone, keep being imaginative and keep asking questions. That's how every brilliant mind got their start.

As for your question about the weight of trains: I don't know exactly what they typically weigh, but I bet if Top Thrill Dragster can launch a train 400+ feet into the air at a 90 degree angle with a 120 mph launch it would certainly take way less kinetic energy than that. I would definitely use that ride, and also Lightning Rod at Dollywood as a basis for your research here.

• Like 7

Regarding height, taller doesn't always equal better. My giga experience is limited to Fury and MF, but I would say without a doubt (in my opinion, of course) that MF has the better first drop despite being the shorter coaster. From the back you just get whipped over that hill, whereas on Fury, you slow down just before cresting the hill and it doesn't have that same feel. The rest of Fury's layout is superior to MF, and I realize that Fury's height and slightly steeper drop give it more speed to navigate said layout, but the drop itself is inferior to MF's. 

All this is to say that, even if KI's giga doesn't break the height (or drop height) record, don't count it out so quickly. 

• Like 3

I fully expect the Kings Island Giga to be one of the best coasters in the world. In its present form, per the leaked layout and footer drawings, I make the following prediction:

Height: 305 ft 

Drop: 310 ft 

Max Speed: 94 mph 

Length: 5,250 ft 

This coaster will be shorter in duration and length then Fury, however there’s no way one can say it’s not in the same category. This coaster will be forceful (for a B&M) and will be relentless. All of B&M’s highlight elements will be in it. I expect a reverse treble clef and an ampersand along with ejector and floater hills. 

Again, just because it’s shorter, doesn’t mean it’s not as good as Fury. In fact many complain about the pacing of Fury and that the helix is almost pointless. For this coaster, pacing won’t be an issue. After 45-50 seconds of ride time (drop to break) this new coaster will leave you out of breath, wondering what the he** just happened. 

Don’t be discouraged y’all! Kings Island is going to get one of the best coasters in the world. No it may not be the 7000 ft long 350 ft tall “beast unleashed” y’all were hoping for, however this coaster will still be a wonderful attraction and the parks best coaster for years to come! 

#fiveIsALIVE #Polaris305  

• Like 18
  • Haha 2

I fully expect the Kings Island Giga to be one of the best coasters in the world. In its present form, per the leaked layout and footer drawings, I make the following prediction:
Height: 305 ft 
Drop: 310 ft 
Max Speed: 94 mph 
Length: 5,250 ft 
This coaster will be shorter in duration and length then Fury, however there’s no way one can say it’s not in the same category. This coaster will be forceful (for a B&M) and will be relentless. All of B&M’s highlight elements will be in it. I expect a reverse treble clef and an ampersand along with ejector and floater hills. 
Again, just because it’s shorter, doesn’t mean it’s not as good as Fury. In fact many complain about the pacing of Fury and that the helix is almost pointless. For this coaster, pacing won’t be an issue. After 45-50 seconds of ride time (drop to break) this new coaster will leave you out of breath, wondering what the he** just happened. 
Don’t be discouraged y’all! Kings Island is going to get one of the best coasters in the world. No it may not be the 7000 ft long 350 ft tall “beast unleashed” y’all were hoping for, however this coaster will still be a wonderful attraction and the parks best coaster for years to come! 

#fiveIsALIVE #Polaris305  
Wish I could like this twice.....

Sent from my SM-S767VL using Tapatalk

• Like 9

I love finding these random theories...

Found a star that is 309 light years from Earth. it's part of the Constellation Draco. The star is actually known by the name Thuban. It is also know as "Dragon's Tail".

Where this gets interesting is, Thuban was the North star before Polaris was the North star. Thuban was the North Star between 4000-2000 BC. Sometime around 21000 AD, it will again be the North star. Things that make you go hmmmm.....

• Like 7

51 minutes ago, DustinTheNow said:

All those elements are exciting and I swear I find something new to like about that layout everytime I look at it. Every giga I've been on so far had a sharp and most of the time high-banked turn after the initial drop. This layout has one too, but it's a far more open angle, really more of a curve. I'm anxious to see how far the trains will turn over and at what speed when taking that left curve. There may not be another like it anywhere. This may be the most RMC-like B&M yet. Definitely short though.

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, fyrfyter said:

I love finding these random theories...

Found a star that is 309 light years from Earth. it's part of the Constellation Draco. The star is actually known by the name Thuban. It is also know as "Dragon's Tail".

Where this gets interesting is, Thuban was the North star before Polaris was the North star. Thuban was the North Star between 4000-2000 BC. Sometime around 21000 AD, it will again be the North star. Things that make you go hmmmm.....

Great... so after KI gets this new ride, we'll have to wait almost 19,000 more years before something better is built... uhh... where the footers for that Beast at?

• Like 4
  • Haha 3

20 minutes ago, Theoutdoorkid107 said:

As for those of up you who are on my about physics, ok it’s an idea. I was wrong on some things. I’ve learned a lesson. Thanks for the criticism.

While not a roller coaster engineer, I am an engineer (marine), and I don't see anything wrong with this design.. and in fact this looks like it would be a pretty fun element! Especially if launched just fast enough to barely make it over the top (aka TTD and Kingda Ka).  However, I believe the support columns and footers would be different than anything we've seen to support that structure. 

• Like 4
  • Thanks 2

• malem locked this topic