Decoding 2020

fryoj

49 minutes ago, fryoj said:

@BSBMX  We differ a little in that I'm not 100% that the drop side footer is a backbone footer. The design shown in the plans and what we see on Fury and Leviathan aren't the same. The overview shows a more rectangular footer, while those other two coasters have a large square footer that sits flat on the ground. The overview references a drawing that seems to be missing a view, but the view that does appear looks more like a multi-support footer to me.

I can confirm with you that it is a giga spine, just like Fury and Leviathan. If L2 clearly shows its for a spine like that, then L16D is a box spine footing. It also features on the Partial Foundation Plan that same rectangular bottom where the spine connects to the footing.

to prove fryoj wrong.PNG

• Like 2

55 minutes ago, fryoj said:

@BSBMX sums it up for the most part. We differ a little in that I'm not 100% that the drop side footer is a backbone footer. The design shown in the plans and what we see on Fury and Leviathan aren't the same. The overview shows a more rectangular footer, while those other two coasters have a large square footer that sits flat on the ground. The overview references a drawing that seems to be missing a view, but the view that does appear looks more like a multi-support footer to me. That leaves some debate in my mind about the drop side and the math involved. It could be that they just consider that footer as part of the next phase and its not really a part of this, so they will include in the next set of drawings. If it is accurate though and is a two support footer, then that could change the math quite a bit. What we can be sure of though is at the widest(and assumed to be tallest) set of supports, the angular height should be right around 299 ft. The problem is that plans show the supports there lean forward and most likely tie into the backbone as it's dropping. Theres also, as mentioned, not knowing the drop angle and geometry of the top of the hill. The steeper the drop, and the smaller the radius of the crest, the taller it can go. But theres limitations on what the trains can do. Personally, I have my doubts whether the top of the lift will be 300 ft to the ground at the peak, but we just don't have enough info to say that with any certainty. 

Even Levi and Fury's backbone drop footings are not the same. They're both square, but Levi's is significantly larger than Fury's (pics below). Granted, this is just what we can see above ground. Underground can be a different story. I'd chalked this up to the soil and ground compositions being different at the two sites, which could be said about KI's site too. Perhaps just the different soil calls for different footing designs. 

And KI's blueprints show just one above-ground support here. The two dashed circles you see in the backbone footing are the two poured piers that go deep into the ground. There's only one above-ground support on this footing. Not sure if that was clear or not. 

113F1E78-A6FD-4363-91BD-C641C01BD389.jpeg

3223EA3A-C3CD-4A97-B83F-F5C8A615F390.jpeg

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Adrenaline Obsession said:

I can confirm with you that it is a giga spine, just like Fury and Leviathan. If L2 clearly shows its for a spine like that, then L16D is a box spine footing. It also features on the Partial Foundation Plan that same rectangular bottom where the spine connects to the footing.

Thats on the lift side. I was talking about the drop side. But that footer doesn't tell you what coaster type it is. They are putting that on multiple types now. For example, here is one on Valravn:

CTjpZm8UwAERY7m.jpg

Based on pics from CSF, Hershey's Hyper will have that backbone footer as well. 

1 hour ago, BSBMX said:

Even Levi and Fury's backbone drop footings are not the same. They're both square, but Levi's is significantly larger than Fury's (pics below). Granted, this is just what we can see above ground. Underground can be a different story. I'd chalked this up to the soil and ground compositions being different at the two sites, which could be said about KI's site too. Perhaps just the different soil calls for different footing designs. 

And KI's blueprints show just one above-ground support here. The two dashed circles you see in the backbone footing are the two poured piers that go deep into the ground. There's only one above-ground support on this footing. Not sure if that was clear or not. 

I'm referring to how the footer has a note to see 2/S3.2. When you go to that page, it has the "alternate double pier cap section" under that number. It only has one view, and that view implies a round support, and not a square backbone. All of the profiles of footer diagrams on that page show those footers mounting two round supports. The data section confuses things more. It has the Footer having 28 bolts and using the same template as the lift footer. Suggesting it is indeed a backbone footer. But then for reference it has Typ S3.2 which are the two post, round support footers. I agree it probably is a backbone footer. I'm just seeing enough internal disagreements in the plans to not be able to say 100% that it is. 

• Like 4

Does anyone have an album or a one stop place for all the leaked plans so far? I'm a bit new to this forum and might be a little dense but I cant seem to find the post with them? Even when I use the search function. I'm currently a civil engineering student and I would love to see some of the plans!

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, KoasterKasey said:

Does anyone have an album or a one stop place for all the leaked plans so far? I'm a bit new to this forum and might be a little dense but I cant seem to find the post with them? Even when I use the search function. I'm currently a civil engineering student and I would love to see some of the plans!

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1h6qKpT4jW4JwgNh9uXq4dD39iLwbyAmJ/view

Provided by @Bansheeback, who got copies of the available plans at Mason Municipal Building and scanned them in for us. 

• Like 5

10 minutes ago, KoasterKasey said:

^ that will get you the plans filed with the city. For the leaked layout, you'll probably have to go to R/rollercoasters on reddit. They can't be posted here. 

• Like 3

A friend of mine is at the park now... I'm trying to see if she can get us some shots of the clearing and of Firehawks plot of land... they may not be the best but it's better than nothing. I'll keep you updated

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

• Like 4

43 minutes ago, Codyfryguy said:

A friend of mine is at the park now... I'm trying to see if she can get us some shots of the clearing and of Firehawks plot of land... they may not be the best but it's better than nothing. I'll keep you updated

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

woohoo......hopefully some clues will come from those pictures.  

Just had a dream that this new ride was a Vekoma giga. It launched you up 300+ feet and once you got to the top there was a really quick turn down. To a point where the trains were coming off the track. It was black and orange with a flames sprayed all along the track. Looked like a Hot Wheels toy more than anything.

You can close this thread down, because that confirms what it is.:P

• Like 3
  • Haha 2

44 minutes ago, JubJester said:

Just had a dream that this new ride was a Vekoma giga. It launched you up 300+ feet and once you got to the top there was a really quick turn down. To a point where the trains were coming off the track. It was black and orange with a flames sprayed all along the track. Looked like a Hot Wheels toy more than anything.

You can close this thread down, because that confirms what it is.:P

sounds like we all need to step away from the topic!! LOL.  we're going crazy!

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

Just now, Diamondbackfanatic said:

sound like we all need to step away from the topic!! LOL.  we're going crazy!

I agree, actually I think it is time we started a support group.....

Hi, my name is KI_FAN_4_LIFE and I am a Hypaholic.

It all started back in 2nd grade when I rode my first real roller coaster, "The Beastie" (woodstock express).  It started out innocent enough, once or twice a month trip to KI.  I then as the years past gathered up enough courage to get on Adventure Express, The Beast, and then after a lot of pushing myself Vortex (yes it was a big deal back then and I was terrified).  After that I was hooked, couldn't wait to be tall enough for King Cobra!  Then some years later came the announcement for SOB (RIP).  That is when the hype started to become a problem.  Couldn't wait to ride this ride, hype through the roof, they even brought Montel Williams out to announce the thing (LOL).  After SOB was announced and MF had opened at Cedar Point the focus had became about one thing "The GIGA!"

Every new coaster that we got became "is this the one?" People would speculate, search for clues, write GIGA in the snow... Then The Beast unleashed video came out and Hypohalics all over drank it up.  So now that were are here at the point of possibly getting a GIGA, we have to ask, have we been drinking the Hype juice to long? :D

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

I know this might sound stupid, but maybe this Giga coaster could be the first to feature a double chain lift? You know how in RCT, you might go up 50 feet with the lift hill, turn it a little and then go up another 50 feet. In this case the number could be higher like 150 feet, then another 160 feet. Like I said, that's just me talking for jokes and giggles here.

• Like 1

i found these on cincybroscoasters365 instagram page.. i have no clue if this is in connection to the clearing but it is very interesting nonetheless it seems there is quite a bit of activity going on between The Racer and Flight of Fears building.

cincybroscoasters365 screenshot 7.png

cincybroscoasters365 screenshot 6.png

cincybroscoasters365 screenshot 5.png

cincybroscoasters365 screenshot 4.png

cincybroscoasters365 screenshot 3.png

cincybroscoasters365 screenshot 2.png

cincybroscoasters365 screenshot 1.png

• Like 9

1 hour ago, shizzzon said:

I'm going this Saturday. 

Hey me too!! 

1 hour ago, chad_1138 said:

Good luck with the crowds...

Yeah, I realized after making these plans that it's not just Saturday, but Coasterstock, PiviP, and the first really nice warm Saturday of the season. Yeah, I'm thinking it will be bad. Oh well. I'll get to ride some stuff, that's what I'm going for. 

• Like 3

• malem locked this topic