Decoding 2020

fryoj

4 hours ago, Turtlepower said:

Anyone at the park today?

I was there for about three hours. Of course, I had to ride WindSeeker. I spotted a "road," which heads towards the pole barn. Was that there before?

• Like 2

Just got back from the park. Remind me to never ever go on "opening day" again. Literally 50 buses of screaming high schoolers. No teasers anywhere that I could find and there was about 5 guys doing surveying out in the cleared area. No new markings that I could see. There is a bunch of stuff between racer and FOF building as shown in those pictures. I would guess that this where they will put all the equipment, track, and columns when they come in.

• Like 5

49 minutes ago, CedarFairFan787 said:

Hey, can someone sum up the last six pages for me. I really do not want to have to go back and read through all of the responses? Thx!!!

Well, last seven pages now!

Yep, the leaked blueprints were indeed a fake, the real blueprints were then leaked and they show a massive 375 new launched model B&M that is 7,000 ft long.

you’re welcome 

• Like 1
  • Haha 2
  • Sad 1

1 hour ago, Codyfryguy said:

i found these on cincybroscoasters365 instagram page.. i have no clue if this is in connection to the clearing but it is very interesting nonetheless it seems there is quite a bit of activity going on between The Racer and Flight of Fears building.

cincybroscoasters365 screenshot 7.png

cincybroscoasters365 screenshot 6.png

cincybroscoasters365 screenshot 5.png

cincybroscoasters365 screenshot 4.png

cincybroscoasters365 screenshot 3.png

cincybroscoasters365 screenshot 2.png

cincybroscoasters365 screenshot 1.png

I am not going to lie... a nice new set of restrooms could work here!

6229B463-2480-4AC5-B778-16C1FAF48ADD.jpeg

• Like 5

6 minutes ago, FUN&ONLY! said:

I am not going to lie... a nice new set of restrooms could work here!

Kind of weird to use it for staging when there's still going to be a fair amount of old Firehawk land available, but what do I know? Could be the bathrooms.

• Like 4

1 hour ago, lifetimecoaster said:

Yeah, I realized after making these plans that it's not just Saturday, but Coasterstock, PiviP, and the first really nice warm Saturday of the season. Yeah, I'm thinking it will be bad. Oh well. I'll get to ride some stuff, that's what I'm going for. 

We were in that boat 2 Sunday's ago when the park was packed.  We didn't ride a lot, but we had lunch and dinner and did about 5 rides in between and had a great time!  Hope you have a good day Saturday!!!

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, chad_1138 said:

We were in that boat 2 Sunday's ago when the park was packed.  We didn't ride a lot, but we had lunch and dinner and did about 5 rides in between and had a great time!  Hope you have a good day Saturday!!!

I was there that day also. I've been going almost every Sunday for the past 4 years and I've never seen it that busy on a Sunday. Maybe because it rained and was crappy on Saturday.. idk.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, lifetimecoaster said:

Hey me too!! 

Yeah, I realized after making these plans that it's not just Saturday, but Coasterstock, PiviP, and the first really nice warm Saturday of the season. Yeah, I'm thinking it will be bad. Oh well. I'll get to ride some stuff, that's what I'm going for. 

Make sure to get parking lot pictures if we go up?

Got it!

• Like 3

5 minutes ago, Turtlepower said:

Kind of weird to use it for staging when there's still going to be a fair amount of old Firehawk land available, but what do I know? Could be the bathrooms.

it's also a strange place for bathrooms, unless they were only accessible via racers exit line.... which would make a lot of sense lol. 

• Like 4

35 minutes ago, Turtlepower said:

Remember the Leaked Prints could be fake.  And the ride may actually use the Firehawk area

• Like 2

18 minutes ago, Banding Banshee said:

Remember the Leaked Prints could be fake.  And the ride may actually use the Firehawk area

Yeah, still a possibility I guess. Maybe that's what this area is for, and that marker in the pavilion we saw was for a footer.

• Like 2

I tried to find other B&M CAD layouts, but those are not easy to come by. Here are a few coaster layouts that I found online, just to compare to the leaked one that we have seen. 

Son of Beast:

42068948_335979837161445_6006162049927172881_n.jpg

Image Source

Shambhala (in green -- not sure what the red coaster is) - PortAventura 

planotecnico.png

Image Source

Copperhead Strike - Carowinds:

mgsxe9bsovx01.jpg

Image Source

Obviously, the most similar one here is Shambahala, since it is a B&M Hyper. This makes me believe that the leak is real. The CAD design is basically the same for the two coasters. The most notable differences that I see are: the chain lift section doesn't look like the Shambhalas drawing and the layout is colored. This makes me believe the leaked plan is meant for the station construction, evidenced by its colored features, which are not present anywhere else except for the access roads. Another thing to note is the length of each portion. KI's leaked layout is much more stretched out when comparing it to Shambhala's layout, and the length of that ride is 5,131'. 

Also, I apologize for posting three large pictures, but I thought it'd be a good way to show how different a coasters layout plan can look. 

• Like 6
  • Thanks 4

I’ve never seen another blueprint layout over a topographic map, makes too much going on to depict. I’ve seen just footings on a topographic but never a full track.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
It might be just a picture from the full park plans. The full park plans shown in the Banshee layout leak video was topographic if I remember correctly.
  • Like 2

2 hours ago, jcovelli said:

I was there that day also. I've been going almost every Sunday for the past 4 years and I've never seen it that busy on a Sunday. Maybe because it rained and was crappy on Saturday.. idk.

As was I! I made the most of it by getting some rides on Delirium, Vortex, Bat and a 3 ride combo of Monster/Backlot and Beast with @jcgoble3 as well as blowing some $ in the Arcade (totally worth it!). It was a good way to recover from the busy (but fun) KI trip I had the day before!

• Like 1

3 hours ago, flightoffear1996 said:

This could just be a staging area   

You usually don't need a laser level to do a gravel lot for staging. I think this is a building pad.

1 hour ago, Phantom Theater said:

I tried to find other B&M CAD layouts, but those are not easy to come by. Here are a few coaster layouts that I found online, just to compare to the leaked one that we have seen. 

Son of Beast:

Shambhala (in green -- not sure what the red coaster is) - PortAventura 

Copperhead Strike - Carowinds

Obviously, the most similar one here is Shambahala, since it is a B&M Hyper. This makes me believe that the leak is real. The CAD design is basically the same for the two coasters. The most notable differences that I see are: the chain lift section doesn't look like the Shambhalas drawing and the layout is colored. This makes me believe the leaked plan is meant for the station construction, evidenced by its colored features, which are not present anywhere else except for the access roads. Another thing to note is the length of each portion. KI's leaked layout is much more stretched out when comparing it to Shambhala's layout, and the length of that ride is 5,131'. 

Also, I apologize for posting three large pictures, but I thought it'd be a good way to show how different a coasters layout plan can look. 

Using that shambhala layout I got 4350 vs the 4650 for Project X. On a straight percentage basis, that puts Project X at 5485. Almost Identical to Leviathan, Thats without adding more for taller hills, so it could be longer than Levi. 

Also comparing, the detail of that layout is too similar to Project X to discount it as a fan created fake. 

• Like 6

2 minutes ago, MDMC01 said:

As was I! I made the most of it by getting some rides on Delirium, Vortex, Bat and a 3 ride combo of Monster/Backlot and Beast with @jcgoble3 and blowing some $ in the Arcade (totally worth it!). It was a good way to recover from the busy (but fun) KI trip I had the day before!

Ping! Yeah, glad I could share my skip-the-line passes from the wheel game with someone. As for why that day was packed:

1. Rain the day before caused people to delay their visit a day
  2. Several after-prom school trips
  3. Beautiful weather
  4. Flying Pig Marathon that morning (I saw several people with various race shirts on, most likely marathon runners that came to KI after crossing the finish line)

Basically just a perfect storm of circumstances.

• Like 5

^Though the hills may be taller, there may be less tall hills than Shammy because Gigas tend to focus more on speed and low to the ground elements to maintain this speed. Though I’m not saying Lil Giga isn’t going to have an abundance of large hills, as it might have a few. I’m just saying adding the length that the hills added to Shammy may be a bit off.

Who knows at this point? (In the words of a famous man, “someone does”)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 4

I would love to see an X-Base expansion now with Dinosaurs Alive gone. With the length of the clearing being the same as The Racers this could be a possibility considering The Racers somewhat conceal X-Bass behind it. A B&M winged coaster and / or gerstlauer Sky Roller would be fitting. Also some military style buildings would be cool, in addition to Bathrooms! 

• Like 3

After seeing those pics above from the Eiffel Tower, I can't wait to see the coaster fully built literally towering over WindSeeker.. and the First coaster you will have to look UP to from the Eiffel Tower. (although from distance, we wouldnt actually be looking up, but still, get my drift, :)

• Like 3

1 minute ago, shizzzon said:

After seeing those pics above from the Eiffel Tower, I can't wait to see the coaster fully built literally towering over WindSeeker.. and the First coaster you will have to look UP to from the Eiffel Tower. (although from distance, we wouldnt actually be looking up, but still, get my drift, :)

You may want to temper your expectations. It's Probably not going to be taller than ET and isn't going to tower over WindSeeker. 

• Like 3

If i'm not mistaken, isnt the standing point of ET only 275ft?

"...tower stands 315 feet (96 m) tall with the observation floor 264 feet (80 m) high"

"The 301-foot-tall (92 m) center tower..."

I can't find any information of what the actual ride height is for WindSeeker but both are definitely under 300ft.

• Like 5

16 minutes ago, shizzzon said:

"...tower stands 315 feet (96 m) tall with the observation floor 264 feet (80 m) high"

"The 301-foot-tall (92 m) center tower..."

I can't find any information of what the actual ride height is for WindSeeker but both are definitely under 300ft.

Your definition of towering over and mine are different. 

Also, ET sits on ground ~20 ft higher than the new coaster. KI Central says the top observation deck it 275 ft.(https://KICentral.com/rides/eiffel-tower/). And we aren't sure the new lift will even hit 300 ft. The blueprints don't make that clear. 

• Like 4

• malem locked this topic