Decoding 2020

fryoj

I'll rephrase.  

Once completed, from the Eiffel Tower, i can only imagine the extreme elevation and soaring view of the new coaster by a couple inches possibly, :)  

From a distance, everything will look smaller than it actually is.  Still cant wait for the view though.

• Like 3

I'd personally would like to see the 400ft+ element in the middle or at best, at the end of the ride, :) 

Let the coaster do it's elements then towards the end while it's already got some speed on it..  shoot it through a launch.

Only thing i see people complaining about is if the climb is anywhere other than the beginning, rollback on that design would be impractical to fix if it rollbacks into the "coaster" section of the track that's uncontrollable.

OR.... engineering could get tricky and do this-

If put at the end of the ride, put a break run right in the station.  The coaster runs through the station towards the end on one side, then hits the launch.  If it makes it, you end up at the other side of the station.  IF it doesnt make it, the break run at the other side of the station will stop it and unload.   

If this were the only option.. Lines would be LONG as only 1 train could go at a time, :(

• Like 3

1 hour ago, shizzzon said:

"...tower stands 315 feet (96 m) tall with the observation floor 264 feet (80 m) high"

"The 301-foot-tall (92 m) center tower..."

I can't find any information of what the actual ride height is for WindSeeker but both are definitely under 300ft.

The Eiffel Tower at Kings Island stands 314 feet tall. The three observation decks are at 50 feet, 265 feet, and 275 feet.

• Like 2

6 hours ago, Codyfryguy said:

i found these on cincybroscoasters365 instagram page.. i have no clue if this is in connection to the clearing but it is very interesting nonetheless it seems there is quite a bit of activity going on between The Racer and Flight of Fears building.

cincybroscoasters365 screenshot 7.png

cincybroscoasters365 screenshot 6.png

cincybroscoasters365 screenshot 5.png

cincybroscoasters365 screenshot 4.png

cincybroscoasters365 screenshot 3.png

cincybroscoasters365 screenshot 2.png

cincybroscoasters365 screenshot 1.png

Interesting!!! It might be new maintenance sheds though. I'm not expecting much out over here.

• Like 3

15 hours ago, MDMC01 said:

I totally forgot about the fact that Diamondback and Son of Beast once coexisted! However, I guess it was different as SoB was wooden and Diamondback is a Steel coaster... oh, well, we shall see what happens!

It’s easy to forget! That was mainly my point.

• Like 3

I really don't think the area between The Racer and Flight of Fear is a staging area. From a YouTube video, there are survey markers placed around there. Also, the only way to the main site is the little road that goes around FOF. If the leaked layout is correct,  why use that space when half of Firehawk's old site won't be used for the new coaster?

It could be a new maintenance building or the elusive bathrooms, but I doubt they would place survey markers if it was just for staging.  With the work starting there, I have my doubts about the credibility of the leaked layout.  It would be neat if the station and queue were in this spot and the lift and break run went over FOF's launch tunnel. 

• Like 8

13 hours ago, shizzzon said:

I'd personally would like to see the 400ft+ element in the middle or at best, at the end of the ride, :) 

Let the coaster do it's elements then towards the end while it's already got some speed on it..  shoot it through a launch.

Only thing i see people complaining about is if the climb is anywhere other than the beginning, rollback on that design would be impractical to fix if it rollbacks into the "coaster" section of the track that's uncontrollable.

OR.... engineering could get tricky and do this-

If put at the end of the ride, put a break run right in the station.  The coaster runs through the station towards the end on one side, then hits the launch.  If it makes it, you end up at the other side of the station.  IF it doesnt make it, the break run at the other side of the station will stop it and unload.   

If this were the only option.. Lines would be LONG as only 1 train could go at a time, :(

With the price of steel being as high as it is, unlikely we see anything 400+ with any significant amount of length.  Also, putting the highest point at the middle or at the end is a nightmare for brakes.

14 hours ago, shizzzon said:

This isn't KI related but Steel Curtain at Kennywood related... 

Since SC is going to offer the world's tallest inversion ever at 197ft which is an awesome feat to have along with 9 inversions total..  curious if CF is going to want to challenge those records in the next 1-7yrs from now?

Kennywood already up for sale, lol..   So it's perfect opportunity to overtake some records (business wise).

I'm going there in August and hopefully not fall off..   Seems like the second this thing is done being built, they are opening it..  it's not even 70% complete yet but we opening it in 2 months regardless! lol..  

OK... i'll be there dead or alive afterwards..  

Please don't let Cedar Fair buy Kennywood.  It's a great park and I'd hate to see it lose it's charm.  Also, it would be neglected with it being so close to CP and KI.  

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Hawaiian Coasters 325 said:

^^I've thought about that idea before. Another idea I have is this is going to be where the restrooms and a new restaurant could go along with a seating area. Maybe the coaster's merchandise shop could go in that area as well. 

Would you go a new restaurant in that area? Especially with Coney Bar B Que not far away?

• Like 5

I highlighted the area that was being worked on yesterday. The shape might be off a little, but the spot is correct. It really would be a closer walk to this from The Racer queue. But realistically I don't think it's a guest destination. As mentioned earlier the gravel spread and surveying equipment makes it look like more than just staging. It seems oddly shaped and small in size compared to other park-use buildings/structures. That's all I got.

Screen Shot 2019-05-16 at 12.33.04 PM.png

• Like 6

Make a space themed grille or something along those lines. Like in this picture.
Credit: https://lbb.in/mumbai/out-of-this-world-go-to-this-space-theme-restaurants-in-mumbai/

1587268710_Spacerestaurant.thumb.jpg.da179d66fc8dff3033dffbf01154f05e.jpg

I’d love this!!! Doesn’t even need to revolve, just have a theme to it.

I think they either need to expand the X-Base area and theme or change it to something futuristic. Either would work.

KI needs more indoor seating options, or at least well covered and maintained options for the days it’s not so nice out, or it’s hot and humid, aka all summer in Cincinnati.

When we dined at the diner in Coney Mall and it was raining, there was water pouring through the numerous holes in the canopy. Not what I want when I am trying to eat!!!
  • Like 4

I highlighted the area that was being worked on yesterday. The shape might be off a little, but the spot is correct. It really would be a closer walk to this from The Racer queue. But realistically I don't think it's a guest destination. As mentioned earlier the gravel spread and surveying equipment makes it look like more than just staging. It seems oddly shaped and small in size compared to other park-use buildings/structures. That's all I got.
1400799490_ScreenShot2019-05-16at12_33_04PM.thumb.png.33a902a2ae558171e0e9b710da391dc5.png

There’s plenty of Firehawk land for staging. Surveying usually only happens when construction will take place

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  • Like 2

39 minutes ago, Turtlepower said:

I highlighted the area that was being worked on yesterday. 

I do think it would be nice for that whole area to be used. Fenced in with a restroom, dining option, a flat, and maybe a gift shop, it could really spice up X-Base.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, thatguyfromohio said:

There’s plenty of Firehawk land for staging. Surveying usually only happens when construction will take place

That's what I was saying. Who knows at this point though. Given the timing of it, and location within the park it seems like it would be related somehow.

• Like 1

I’m going with maintenance space. It’s behind 3 different rides with trees all around. Plenty of space to hide and rebuild other maintenance buildings that are being removed behind The Racer.

Anyone know if the tank is still actually used and if so, what for? Water, fuel or something else?
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, JubJester said:

Would you go a new restaurant in that area? Especially with Coney Bar B Que not far away?

That hasn't stopped them before. A number of the dining options are in close proximity to one another. For example, Coney BBQ isn't too far from a Subway and a Skyline, Tom + Chee is close to Brewhouse and a Chick  Fil-A, Chicken Shack is across from Festhaus, which is close to Hank's.

• Like 2

The issue isn't Coney Bar B Que, subway, or any other food options in that area, the issue is that would be a dead end of an area, an area quickly forgotten by patrons and underutilized.  If you reworked the ladder game, you might be able to make a path out of it, but there is some terrain elevation to deal with in that area that doesn't make it ideal for guests.  Plus, if it was a restaurant, you'd see electric, plumbing, sanitary, etc.. all being run to the pad.

Most likely, its some sort of shelter for item or equipment storage.  Something that doesn't need power or plumbing

• Like 3

I don’t agree that the land clearing is done. As long as those maintenance buildings exist behind Racer, there is more space that could be cleared.

Usually that requires a demolition permit, though I’m not sure how that applies to ancillary structures on private land.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, thatguyfromohio said:

Kings Island: “let’s buy gravel and lay it down, just to mess with KIC”

Let's not forget to put some red and yellow ribbon on some trees. But every so often, we will use green.

• Like 2

• malem locked this topic