Decoding 2020

fryoj

Just now, fyrfyter said:

I think the layout is fake. The first page looks good, but someone did some creative editing to make track pieces line up and then other parts of the page don’t line up. Someone is missing pages 2-3 in the one that I found. 

I respect that opinion.You could very well be right.

I've thought these have been 100% real since I've seen them. I'm excited for the next few months to see how this plays out.

• Like 2

Just now, fyrfyter said:

I think the layout is fake. The first page looks good, but someone did some creative editing to make track pieces line up and then other parts of the page don’t line up. Someone is missing pages 2-3 in the one that I found. 

That's what was bothering me as well! In the leaked layout, the track lines up fine but then the DA path to the north doesn't line up. What gives?

• Like 1

Honestly it could be the best Giga we just don't know. And we won't until butts are in the seats. It also kind of irritates me when people say it "makes sense we would get the worst giga"...Kings Island is not some ****ty third rate park.

Third rate parks wouldn’t get the worst giga. They wouldn’t get one at all. KI is a first-rate park, and only first-rate parks get gigas, but it makes sense that they would get the least expensive giga because there is one 3.5 hours away at the flagship park in the chain and there is less potential for growth at KI compared to Carowinds.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 3

6 minutes ago, fyrfyter said:

Can you outline/draw this out for me? Sorry if I'm being a bit dense, but I'm having a hard time visualizing what you're talking about.

• Like 1

That's what was bothering me as well! In the leaked layout, the track lines up fine but then the DA path to the north doesn't line up. What gives?

That’s where the important parts are missing. It’s either a page is missing in between, or we are getting different pieces at different scales. That doesn’t make a lot of sense, unless one page has more details to it. I’m guessing missing a page in there.

If they were the same scale throughout, you could easily piece together the pages one right after the other.

EDIT: One more thought- since it is coaster track, they could be shifting the areas being shown. That would throw off the border. But even with that said, the scale should still be the same and any existing elements should line up perfectly. I think these images have been doctored to look like something they are not.

• Like 3

33 minutes ago, Logan said:

Yeah I think the leaked layout is likely real. It makes sense that we would get the “worst” giga or “budget” giga, but I’m just pumped to finally get a giga after all these years. Should be a kickass ride.

If anyone was quick to call this the worst giga, let me just remind y'all of 2006/2007.

Maverick.

People were ANGRY. "What the heck is that ride?!?" It seemed as though everyone was hoping for some kind of huge, record-smashing coaster. Mind you, this was the first coaster after TTD.

Expectations were so high and then the announcement came. I will admit it. I was crushed. "Really?" "That's it?"

Fast forward a few months. MIND BLOWN. 

One of the absolute best coasters on the planet.

That is all.

• Like 8
  • Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, fyrfyter said:

That’s where the important parts are missing. It’s either a page is missing in between, or we are getting different pieces at different scales. That doesn’t make a lot of sense, unless one page has more details to it. I’m guessing missing a page in there.

If they were the same scale throughout, you could easily piece together the pages one right after the other.

EDIT: One more thought- since it is coaster track, they could be shifting the areas being shown. That would throw off the border. But even with that said, the scale should still be the same and any existing elements should line up perfectly. I think these images have been doctored to look like something they are not.

For what it's worth, when I overlaid the layout image onto google earth to try to measure the layout, it was difficult to get things to match properly. If I had the buildings next to Dinosaurs Alive lined up properly, racer was a bit off and DA path wouldn't fit, and vice versa. One thing I could never get to line up properly was The Beast track. If I lined The Beast track up, literally nothing matched at all.

Can't speak to the legitimacy of the layout but that did feel weird. It didn't seem like enough was missing that the layout is going to be wildly different, but it definitely looked and felt like something was missing.

• Like 4

For what it's worth, when I overlaid the layout image onto google earth to try to measure the layout, it was difficult to get things to match properly. If I had the buildings next to Dinosaurs Alive lined up properly, racer was a bit off and DA path wouldn't fit, and vice versa. One thing I could never get to line up properly was The Beast track. If I lined The Beast track up, literally nothing matched at all.

Can't speak to the legitimacy of the layout but that did feel weird. It didn't seem like enough was missing that the layout is going to be wildly different, but it definitely looked and felt like something was missing.

I would agree with that. There is some piece in there that isn’t right. I wish I had a non-blurry image of the layout or both pages. See if I can get them to line up with a little work.

I could be wrong, but I don’t think I am. I have a father who is an architect, so I have been looking at plans for a long time. I even corrected errors in blueprints when I was a teenager.
  • Like 2

37 minutes ago, KoasterKasey said:

Sorry about that. Thought it would upload here it is on youtube: 

Instead of turning the layers off and on, change opacities. Makes it easier to see. 

24 minutes ago, KoasterKasey said:

I found it in r/rollercoasters on reddit. I believe it was posted here first, before being taken down. Are leaked layouts allowed here?

No. A mod just hasn't seen it yet. 

19 minutes ago, fyrfyter said:

17 minutes ago, KoasterKasey said:

The original leak was two screenshots. One of the left side of the ride, the other the right side. The combined version that got posted here, and then got posted to reddit, was just a bad splice job that was done in a rush when everyone was badmouthing the people who actually had the images. The two images line up just fine and everything is right on them. 

• Like 6

31 minutes ago, KoasterKasey said:

I found it in r/rollercoasters on reddit. I believe it was posted here first, before being taken down. Are leaked layouts allowed here?

Since we do not know the source, we will not be hosting them on KIC. Thanks for your understanding.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 2
  • Confused 1

8 minutes ago, RuthlessAirtime said:

You are comparing an engineered plan that uses surveyed measurements with a Satellite image that was taken from 1000 miles away, isn't necessarily directly overhead, and may be a stitched image. We ran into the same thing on MT. Things didn't line up perfectly then either. 

• Like 3

Couple of things...

The “leaked” layout is puzzling because of how it was released and the timing. I still have suspicions this was leaked by the park as a distraction. It came from a CAD drawing which makes it seem legit. No park has ever received a leaked CAD layout prior to a new ride. Could this be from a layout that wasn’t approved? How hard would it be to create a fake layout if you had these CAD drawings to use. I’m guessing not more than a few hours to draw a coaster.

Additionally, the true North point on the blueprint does not line up with the “layout”. Some people have commented that Mystic Timbers didn’t either. However, we never had footer blueprints from MT. My assumption is that detailed footer blueprints with exact dimensions and drawings would be accurate where they put true North.

“If” the leaked layout is correct, I expect them to make huge elements out of the turn around and helix. In my opinion the drop will be a record breaker above 320 feet. The first hill will be a lateral airtime hill and go into the turnaround. The turnaround HAS to be massive with the amount of speed coming into that element. After that we have some more banked turns and airtime hills before what I hope is a HUGE Shambala like element.

People seem to be upset about the length of this leaked layout. I was at first as well. But if you’ve been on Fury, it seems like a lot of the end is just a filler to get length. The helix and hill don’t really add much. If this layout is true, this thing will be rocking throughout the entire layout and could be the perfected B&M model we have hoped for.

• Like 9

With some careful scaling the 2 parts of the leaked image do seem to match up well.  I think it was just poorly done in the first place.  I didn't try to put it onto a google maps image though.

• Like 3

Couple of things...

The “leaked” layout is puzzling because of how it was released and the timing. I still have suspicions this was leaked by the park as a distraction. It came from a CAD drawing which makes it seem legit. No park has ever received a leaked CAD layout prior to a new ride. Could this be from a layout that wasn’t approved? How hard would it be to create a fake layout if you had these CAD drawings to use. I’m guessing not more than a few hours to draw a coaster.

Additionally, the true North point on the blueprint does not line up with the “layout”. Some people have commented that Mystic Timbers didn’t either. However, we never had footer blueprints from MT. My assumption is that detailed footer blueprints with exact dimensions and drawings would be accurate where they put true North.

“If” the leaked layout is correct, I expect them to make huge elements out of the turn around and helix. In my opinion the drop will be a record breaker above 320 feet. The first hill will be a lateral airtime hill and go into the turnaround. The turnaround HAS to be massive with the amount of speed coming into that element. After that we have some more banked turns and airtime hills before what I hope is a HUGE Shambala like element.

People seem to be upset about the length of this leaked layout. I was at first as well. But if you’ve been on Fury, it seems like a lot of the end is just a filler to get length. The helix and hill don’t really add much. If this layout is true, this thing will be rocking throughout the entire layout and could be the perfected B&M model we have hoped for.

I have the skills to make that easy lay out in 2-3 hours. What I would believe is something that has been filed with the city of mason. Things also don’t make sense from the filed lift hill stating where north is. When compared to the “layout”

• Like 2

25 minutes ago, ohiocoasterfan said:

Except we did have blueprints of MT. It was about 45 off True North.

Screen Shot 2019-05-08 at 8.03.52 PM.png

• Like 2

I have the skills to make that easy lay out in 2-3 hours. What I would believe is something that has been filed with the city of mason. Things also don’t make sense from the filed lift hill stating where north is. When compared to the “layout”

Can someone overlay what a true North position would look like?

Is it normal for companies to not accurately show which direction is correct?
  • Like 1

32 minutes ago, ohiocoasterfan said:

I have the Mystic Timbers documents, they do list the coordinates for the footers as Kings Island coordinates.  The coordinate system and north do not align to true north, magnetic north or longitude and latitude.  It’s a solvable problem but it’s complicated.

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, ohiocoasterfan said:

Where is true North on this plan? I can’t find it.

True North isn't on the plans. Just project North. Same as the Project X plans. 

17 minutes ago, Kenban said:

I have the Mystic Timbers documents, they do list the coordinates for the footers as Kings Island coordinates.  The coordinate system and north do not align to true north, magnetic north or longitude and latitude.  It’s a solvable problem but it’s complicated.

Both plans seem like Project North is ballpark about 50 degrees Clockwise from True North. I wonder if you were to use to coords from the two docs if the 0 point is the same?  

• Like 1

I have an image to show everyone. Nobody can complain about this, since it is all in the public domain.

That is the Google Maps satellite view of Fury 325 underneath and the available footer plans on top. Yes, I did have to mirror the plans and adjust them to lay overhead. I know not everything lines up perfectly. I didn’t expect it to. There is enough info here to tell me what I wanted to know. You are welcome to draw your own conclusions.

1881aa439a48c3cf82583305305a2312.jpg

• Like 7

1 minute ago, fyrfyter said:

I have an image to show everyone. Nobody can complain about this, since it is all in the public domain.

That is the Google Maps satellite view of Fury 325 underneath and the available footer plans on top. Yes, I did have to mirror the plans and adjust them to lay overhead. I know not everything lines up perfectly. I didn’t expect it to. There is enough info here to tell me what I wanted to know. You are welcome to draw your own conclusions.

You are better off lining up the station part of PX with the shed of Fury. Line the two transfer tracks up first for scale, then move the last station footer of PX in line with the base of Fury's lift. That'll show how much shorter it is. 

• Like 1

You are better off lining up the station part of PX with the shed of Fury. Line the two transfer tracks up first for scale, then move the last station footer of PX in line with the base of Fury's lift. That'll show how much shorter it is. 

I’m not convinced you are correct in the thought process. You are welcome to do it that way.

We know this is only a partial footer plan. I don’t think we have actually seen the full layout of the station, transfer track and turn around area from the brake run.
  • Like 2

1881aa439a48c3cf82583305305a2312.jpg

I’m really bad at reading these things so I’m sorry for asking this. What did it tell you? Does it appear to be closer to 300’ or Fury’s height?

• Like 2

8 hours ago, fyrfyter said:

I’m not convinced you are correct in the thought process. You are welcome to do it that way.

We know this is only a partial footer plan. I don’t think we have actually seen the full layout of the station, transfer track and turn around area from the brake run.

Yellow is the storage shed. Red is the Transfer Track. Black is the station. Blue is the base of the lift. The codes on the footer plan match up exactly with the MCT tack markings at CSF that have been posted on here. On your pic, you have where the train leaves the transfer track and enters the station lined up with the base of Fury's lift. 

I get that theres a lot of pages here and people skip or skim and miss things, but this is the layout of the station area. 

layout.jpg

• Like 4

• malem locked this topic