Decoding 2020

fryoj

19 minutes ago, FUN&ONLY! said:

Also, why would Kings Island keep all of the Firehawk land perfectly leveled, not to mention that it looks like they have cleared more land behind the original Firehawk plot of land, if they are only planning on using half of it per the “leaked” layout.

This is what I mean... according to the leaked layout, this land is not supposed to be used at all for the new coaster, but it looks like they are keeping it perfectly leveled, seemingly for construction.

All credit to Sixohdieselrage on Instagram!

ED3708C9-4F5F-4286-B0EF-146D98C621FD.jpeg

Lool at the blueprints again. The station, transfer track, queue all of it fit inside that area created by the path. 

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

Hey I’m new to posting on here. I have been following this thread obsessively like clock work trying to found new evidence and new information on the project. The newest  information that has developed I find interesting is , The new land clearing going on between  FOF and Racer which for me rises  a few questions about the legitimacy of the supposed “ leaked layout “.  I have also heard people throwing out the idea of a haunt being moved in that spot but, My question is why so early in the season when they can easily do it on the offseason. Although the maintenance shed one makes a little more sense then a mere Haunt being moved but, I don’t that is still kind for shake too. Something just doesn’t sit right with those theories to me.

• Like 9

If they were taking down a maintenance shed, if it was in the way,  they'll have to start taking it down here soon,  and taking things out as well,  so that would be a sign its a maintenance shed.  We don't see anything like that yet though.

• Like 5

It seems like it would be a maintenance shed in my mind. But Mason would need plans submitted, which is where there is a disconnect. I thought people have gone to the building department already and asked for everything KI had filed, maybe I'm wrong about that though

• Like 5

With the pad between Racer and FOF I don't think it makes sense to start a haunt building this early in the season so this is either maintenance or storage.  There is already rebar in the ground so concrete should be poured shortly.

Even if the leaked layout is real it makes sense to open up that area beside FOF because that area is pretty busy now with just one ride and with a headline attraction it could be very congested.

• Like 6

I would think the type of footers poured into the new pad between FOF and Racer would be an indication of what is being done there. Correct me if I'm wrong, but wouldn't a maintenance/haunt building have a different foundation than a transfer shed?

Edited by darkmarkman
Punctuation
  • Like 7

3 minutes ago, darkmarkman said:

I would think the type of footers poured into the new pad between FOF and Racer would be an indication of what is being done there. Correct me if I'm wrong, but wouldn't a maintenance/haunt building have a different foundation than a transfer shed.

I was thinking the same thing, and if those X’s are meant for footers, why would the maintenance or storage building be built on footers and not flat on the ground? I may also be wrong, so feel free to correct me!

• Like 3

This looks like the starting of a post and beam shed to me. The gravel is put in first just because it's easier to do without walls up. footers would go around the perimeter and then the posts on top of them. floating concrete floor on top the gravel last. Usually in coaster construction all the footers for station and transfer, storage, and track are put in at the same time. no need to build one thing first and have that in the way of everything else.

• Like 5

7 minutes ago, Joshua said:

If the station sits in the Firehawk plot, isn't that a little far for a transfer track? Most usually seem closer. 

If this new spot by Racer is transfer shed,  then the station would be over by it. This would prove the leaked plans to be fake.

• Like 8

Everyone also keep an eye on the trucks for company names. I would expect Middleton Construction to be doing the footers for the new coaster. Perkins and Carmack were also mentioned on the Notice of Commencement and they seem to do pole barns / post beam construction mostly. 

• Like 6
  • Thanks 2

For reference: Diamondback construction, May 4th 2008. Footings were poured before they put the gravel down under the transfer track area  7D0E86B2-5109-44B7-B008-5BC7055C8B34.png

Image credit: KIC Construction photo album/Robbie Zerhusen

• Like 14
  • Thanks 1

Like what @Shaggy said there's no sign of electrical or plumbing which would suggest that it has nothing to do with the ride itself. Usually these two things are some of the first to consider when building any type of attraction, also remember that they can't congest that area too much as the transfer for Flight of Fear is right next to the area.

• Like 9

3 hours ago, Rivertown Rider said:

With the pad between Racer and FOF I don't think it makes sense to start a haunt building this early in the season so this is either maintenance or storage.  There is already rebar in the ground so concrete should be poured shortly.

Even if the leaked layout is real it makes sense to open up that area beside FOF because that area is pretty busy now with just one ride and with a headline attraction it could be very congested.

There were stakes in the ground for Slaughterhouse on June 21, 2014.  So if this is for Haunt, they're about a month ahead of schedule which wouldn't be a bad thing.  

• Like 3

2 hours ago, Sorner said:

For reference: Diamondback construction, May 4th 2008. Footings were poured before they put the gravel down under the transfer track area  7D0E86B2-5109-44B7-B008-5BC7055C8B34.png

Image credit: KIC Construction photo album/Robbie Zerhusen

Does anyone know what that building in front of MRBH? Im pretty sure that was demolished for part of Diamondback's lines. But what was it?

• Like 3

Edit: beastmaster posted the pic of the building before me! 

I was REALLY little when I went here with my mom. I just remember there was some fake gold, rock candy, and some cool geode slabs you could buy. I actually still have the geode slab we got in like 2003, it’s sitting on my desk right now.

• Like 7

I would imagine storage sheds still have friction wheels and or holding brakes for the trains.
I wasn't speaking about coaster sheds, but about general storage sheds, like for seasonal decor or floats.

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

• Like 3

• malem locked this topic