Decoding 2020

fryoj

I think this is likely just a storage shed and people are making too much out of this. Now the only question left, of course, is:

What's in the shed?
I think I just facepalmed into next week

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

• Like 3

The fact they still actively chose Racer as a Coasterstock tour this particular year makes me think they're letting enthusiasts and the GP do most of the heavy lifting for promoting this new coaster since the park hasn't said a peep yet.  Maybe they'll have some epic build up to the announcement.  

It is weird they're not even pouring concrete yet though considering it's likely a scaled up Diamondback.  

• Like 12

6 minutes ago, silver2005 said:

The fact they still actively chose Racer as a Coasterstock tour this particular year makes me think they're letting enthusiasts and the GP do most of the heavy lifting for promoting this new coaster since the park hasn't said a peep yet.  Maybe they'll have some epic build up to the announcement.  

It is weird they're not even pouring concrete yet though considering it's likely a scaled up Diamondback.  

I think one of the issues with Diamonadbck as far as construction timeline is the location of the attraction. Diamondback station is right in the middle of the park. They had to have some footers poured before the season and the early part of the season because they would not have easy access to the station area during the day for construction vehicles once the back was in daily operation.

This construction area, they will be able to access whenever they want. 

Fury started ground clearing on June 21 and footers on July 18. Obviously climate and soil can change timelines for construction but it seems they are closer to the timeline of Fury than Diamondback

• Like 6

Credit to Buckeye Coasters on Instagram. It also looks like footer molds are on site as well. 

Screenshot_20190518-181111.thumb.png.ba9629dd9d726d45593c671c6a938288.png

Were these located between FOF and Racer? Looks to be.. Would these potentially be for the underground portion of the footer (footing - whichever you prefer) or the above ground portion.. If above ground they seem pretty large to me for a storage building no?... Only thing we have for scale though is the marker next to it I guess...

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

• Like 4

4 minutes ago, AdventureExpress35 said:

The consensus at this point is that project 2020 will be about 305’ at most.

I think many of us are concerned that it will not even make it to the 300 foot mark, based on the plans from the city. 

• Like 6

In those more recent construction pics, that valley looks like it goes down further than I thought. Like maybe it could have a 300' lift and still have a drop that's close to Fury.

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

• Like 5

15 minutes ago, redicmc said:

I heard today from a youtube channel named Amusement Insiders that the coaster is not exceeding the height of Fury 325. Wasn't it suppose to be record-breaking?

Nothing has ever pointed to it being record-breaking.

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, redicmc said:

I heard today from a youtube channel named Amusement Insiders that the coaster is not exceeding the height of Fury 325. Wasn't it suppose to be record-breaking?

There are more records than just height that could be broken....

• Like 9

The footer forms in the picture posted earlier presumably have nothing to do with the massive (and it IS massive) clearing on the other side of X Base.  I too saw both areas today - I was on the tours - and I can assure you that area they have cleared is way bigger in person.  Photos dont do it justice.  Whatever is planned for the area looks to be a very large project.  It will be exciting when KI officially decides to reveal what they have up their sleeves.  On a separate note - KI  is to be congratulated on pulling off a tremendously fun event -  and thanked for allowing us those tours so we can be nosy and take pictures of The areas in question.

• Like 17

14 minutes ago, Shaggy said:

The footer forms in the picture posted earlier presumably have nothing to do with the massive (and it IS massive) clearing on the other side of X Base.  I too saw both areas today - I was on the tours - and I can assure you that area they have cleared is way bigger in person.  Photos dont do it justice.  Whatever is planned for the area looks to be a very large project.  It will be exciting when KI officially decides to reveal what they have up their sleeves.  On a separate note - KI  is to be congratulated on pulling off a tremendously fun event -  and thanked for allowing us those tours so we can be nosy and take pictures of The areas in question.

Thanks for your response. I cannot wait for the end of the year.

• Like 3

• malem locked this topic