Decoding 2020

fryoj

2 minutes ago, SonofBaconator said:

Amusement Insiders just posted an analysis video of the layout and the concept shared on this site. He thinks we have a winner, as do I

When do you think KI will announce the new attraction?

• Like 3

This reminds me of a major project just a few hours north of here. The first year of construction, the park acted like there was nothing happening. It wasn’t until fall that they finally acknowledged something was going on, and they still had over a year until it was complete.

I’m not saying or implying anything, just some food for thought.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 6

21 minutes ago, SonofBaconator said:

August. I've haven't been to the park yet this season but from what I heard there are no teasers or posters similar to what we saw with Diamondback, Banshee and Mystic Timbers' construction. It's almost like the park itself isn't acknowledging what's happening.

I think there are a couple reasons that there are no teasers yet. The construction area is sort of off the beaten path. Also they are still not “completely open” yet, there are shows that have not started, the fountains are said to not be completely operational. They still have these things to work on/promote for 2019. 

I would say teasers go up before June, still have a week and a half, and footings start being poured the first week of June.

Just my perspective.

• Like 4

1 hour ago, refrigerator said:

I think there are a couple reasons that there are no teasers yet. The construction area is sort of off the beaten path. Also they are still not “completely open” yet, there are shows that have not started, the fountains are said to not be completely operational. They still have these things to work on/promote for 2019. 

I would say teasers go up before June, still have a week and a half, and footings start being poured the first week of June.

Just my perspective.

There were even teasers in Kings Dominion when Volcano was getting removed. Why not KI?

• Like 3

223a9e67f12c196e94d9e40ad566cc29.jpgI would not be mad if we got a ride with the same height as MF. Here now, and it looks pretty big at an angle

I agree you with the height here. The part thats kinda a bummer to me is ( based on others guestimates ) our giga will be over 1000' shorter in length.

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

• Like 4

Well, my pilot's mother passed away the other day. Obviously, he needs to spend time with his father and such. Flying is the least of our thoughts right now. 

Welp someone knows how to kill a party lol!Sorry for your friend though that’s a rough thing to deal with. I’ll say a prayer for his mom tonight. RIP
  • Like 6

I’m team X-base expansion w/ winged coaster. The argument that GateKeeper is overtly expensive is true, but most forget that GateKeeper’s price tag also included an entirely brand new main entrance into CP. KI could get a winged coaster roughly 15mil as an anchor for the new expansion. X-Flight was roughly 12-15mil when it was built in Six Flags Great America. A similar coaster would be fitting for an x-base expansion. Add restrooms, a flat ride like a gerstlauer sky roller. A lot of those buildings could be hidden in plain sight if the exteriors are re-themed. Military bases have warehouses. Slap an Area 18 logo on that water storage tank (Plays off the hanger 18 from FoF) as a centerpiece to the area. That way we can party likes it 1999 because this expansion would be much like how Action Zone came about. 1 coaster, 1 flat, and a water tower for a centerpiece.

• Like 2

This is precisely why I’ve been predicting a 320 plus drop which would break Fury’s record. Each one of those lines is 10 feet.
There is a 40 to 50 foot height drop from the Firehawk cleared area. 305 height 325 plus drop is my prediction and will be a world record holder.590e357247fbd8fe10b4875e4d54e61a.jpg

• Like 5

Just catching up... Yeesh. This is getting almost as bad as Decoding 2014 where people were still thinking it was an Intamin Giga after the footers for an invert were already poured. The denial game is strong here. There is ZERO chance that work between FOF and Racer is part of the coaster's station or storage shed. ZERO. It looks like the start of a pole barn to me. Similar to what they built out by the boneyard. It could be a metal building, but whether they set poles next or pour the floor will answer that. But no, it's not part of the coaster. 

5 hours ago, Logan said:

Where is the valley that I keep seeing posted?

There it is....

The peak of the lift will be close to that tree by the buildings. It will come towards the camera that took the pic. It looks like the pic was taken a little to the left of where the peak of the second hill is going to be. It will cross the "ravine" somewhere between those two points. 

Photo_1558213755273.jpg

• Like 6
  • Confused 1

38 minutes ago, THE_BEASTmaster said:

He knows it’s a fake, he made it. His name is in the lower left corner of the picture. emoji38.png

I mean he explains how it was made and everything in the video posted a page back or so. Wasn't meant to trick anyone. According to his video, an engineer friend of his made this based on the leaked layout.

EDIT:THE_BEASTmaster not trying to suggest you were saying it was made to trick anyone, wanted to clarify that just expanding on what you said.

• Like 4

• malem locked this topic