Decoding 2020

fryoj

2 hours ago, ohiocoasterfan said:

You can’t see any of the new track from that photo. It’s all behind the corner of that building. Everything you see is completed Hershey track.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I’m probably wrong, but those pictures look like the gray Kings Island Track. 

• Like 2

22 minutes ago, Logan said:

Ah, sorry. It does look like there are two shades of gray onsite there right? One of them is Hershey's and one of them is (presumably) ours?

The Hershey track is brown. The MCT marked track that is gray is probably KI's. The rusted track we don't know yet. 

• Like 4

With the amount of brown track pieces visible, I would guess that Candemonium is at or near completed production. Although until Hershey track starts shipping, I think it'll be difficult to track progress on MCT.

@Logan: Yes, the only MCT track we've seen so far are for the brakes, a flat turn, transfer, and station. The track labeled MCT ST9 is the entirety of our station, going into the lift.

• Like 6

7 hours ago, Logan said:

I should’ve known better considering it’s called Candemonium. Is the pic of our gray track flat on the ground probably of a break run or station?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

To add, if you look at the plans from the city, the footer locations are marked with codes that match the codes on the MCT track. 

• Like 8

So are we pretty sure that the gray track is ours? I really hope that's a primer and we're not getting a gray giga. Guess it would make sense though. Boring color to go with our boring layout.

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

• Like 5
  • Confused 2

Being there Saturday and getting to see the land clearing from the tower, there is far more land cleared than the pictures really put into perspective. I'm hoping for something big and amazing, but I'm also not going to be super let down when it's not. So long as its a giga, I'm down to ride and enjoy. 

• Like 5

12 minutes ago, KevM86 said:

So are we pretty sure that the gray track is ours? I really hope that's a primer and we're not getting a gray giga. Guess it would make sense though. Boring color to go with our boring layout.

Fairly positive. Theres still a small chance that MCS or MCU would be KI's, but with the codes wrote on the track pieces matching up exactly to the footer codes on the plans from the city, the chances of MCT being KI's is almost a certainty. 

• Like 5

17 minutes ago, lifetimecoaster said:

Being there Saturday and getting to see the land clearing from the tower, there is far more land cleared than the pictures really put into perspective. I'm hoping for something big and amazing, but I'm also not going to be super let down when it's not. So long as its a giga, I'm down to ride and enjoy. 

Even if it's not a giga, I'm still pumped to get a new coaster.

• Like 9

1 hour ago, KevM86 said:

The gray is primer. Nothing to worry bout their 

• Like 1

On 5/19/2019 at 2:04 AM, DustinTheNow said:

1DA1B443-FEB0-45BA-B671-3C9F68108F66.pngHey I’m gonna just put this here ... enjoy! 

I think this is nearly accurate, but the ampersand should be a little higher. That first overbank should be an extremely intense moment, considering that you'll be whipped to the left at a very high speed.

I don't get the "Diamondback 2.0" comments. This looks like a speed-demon type of coaster, rather than the airtime machine that Diamondback is.

• Like 9

3 hours ago, KevM86 said:

Way to stay positive haha.  

• Like 6
  • Haha 2

14 minutes ago, LintemuthStudios said:

I think this is nearly accurate, but the ampersand should be a little higher. That first overbank should be an extremely intense moment, considering that you'll be whipped to the left at a very high speed.

I don't get the "Diamondback 2.0" comments. This looks like a speed-demon type of coaster, rather than the airtime machine that Diamondback is.

Hi ... from the guy who made it ... thank you for your feedback. I plan on modifying this so slightly so it better represents how B&M designs their coasters. As for the ampersand, that is the highest I could make it with out it moving too slowly around the top portion. Based on the “leaked layout” that top section of the ampersand is pretty wide, which leads me to believe it will be moving pretty fast around it. 

And you’re right. This coaster will be very forceful and relentless for a B&M giga. Less will definitely be more in this case!

• Like 8
  • Thanks 1

Yeah this layout looks top-notch to me even if it is a bit short. Honestly looks like more of an Intamin layout than B&M to me. I think the brevity could help it out because the entire experience will be balls to the walls insane. I think Fury suffers from having a rather pointless last half. If we get this layout with a few minor tweaks (a bit longer first drop, larger Shambhala turnaround like you said), I think it could be the best giga and one of the best coasters in the world. We have a winner on our hands.

• Like 6

4 minutes ago, DustinTheNow said:

Hi ... from the guy who made it ... thank you for your feedback. I plan on modifying this so slightly so it better represents how B&M designs their coasters. As for the ampersand, that is the highest I could make it with out it moving too slowly around the top portion. Based on the “leaked layout” that top section of the ampersand is pretty wide, which leads me to believe it will be moving pretty fast around it. 

And you’re right. This coaster will be very forceful and relentless for a B&M giga. Less will definitely be more in this case!

Do you think the possibility for a 330 + drop is there? Considering the ravine looks to be about 30'-40' deep.

• Like 4

5 minutes ago, kirbias1 said:

Do you think the possibility for a 330 + drop is there? Considering the ravine looks to be about 30'-40' deep.

That’s an excellent question. It all depends on how much they modified the land post tree removal. Based on the terrain, pre-tree removal, I found it hard to get the coaster to a 310 ft drop. 

E9463AA8-6210-42B5-A18D-F691EB237E59.jpeg

if this image is to be taken into account, it looks like they “smoothed” the grade from the “north section” of Dinosaurs Alive Path to the ravine. If this is indeed the case, I can see another 10-20 ft added to the drop. So it is entirely possible this coaster has a 323 ft drop as the name Polaris may indicate (being 323 light years away from Earth). 

Unfortunately, it is more likely the coaster is 285 ft tall with a 301 ft drop (Kings Island will call it a giga still) then it would be 305 ft tall with a 323 ft drop. (This is assuming the lift and drop is identical in shape to fury and is scaled by some factor to “fit it” to the “proper” height. I can go over the math if you’d like, lol

However, if this is the steepest giga at 85 degrees we can easily get a 305-315 ft tall coaster with a 315+ ft drop.

Considering we will see the lift construction first, before the rest of the coaster takes shape (based on the permit drawings) we will know a LOT more about this coaster in the next 2 months.

• Like 12

• malem locked this topic