Decoding 2020

fryoj

17 minutes ago, sikkinixx99 said:

@DustinTheNow Do you have a video of this on YouTube?

If you are asking about a POV video, not yet. I’m aiming to have this done by Thursday and Amusement Insiders will probably post it this coming weekend. They do however already have a nice breakdown of the possible coaster layout and stats. 

• Like 4
  • Thanks 2

^^^Yes, but if it doesn't measure 300 or more feet from the apex of the lift directly below it to the ground, it is not a giga. It may have a giga drop because it drops down a hillside, but it will not have giga height. Hopefully, this isn't the case.

• Like 10

zombomeme20052019124148.thumb.jpg.2350af6f5e7044b1a6efda79c0375b6e.jpg

Inject short and forceful into my veins. This could be a truly one of a kind experience if we go that route. A B&M with the layout and intensity of an Intamin without all the downtime and the best restraints in the industry!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  • Like 10

27 minutes ago, kirbias1 said:

^^^Yes, but if it doesn't measure 300 or more feet from the apex of the lift directly below it to the ground, it is not a giga. It may have a giga drop because it drops down a hillside, but it will not have giga height. Hopefully, this isn't the case.

With the ground at the top of the lift hill being 10 ft higher than the ground at the base of the lift/station, that's an even harder goal to achieve with the math we have. It's going to come down to peak geometry and drop angle to get it over 300. 

Also, If it is 290 ft tall and has a 305 foot drop, and the park calls it a giga, who is going to step in and make them change it? Carowinds advertises Fury as the worlds tallest Giga when Red Force is 367 ft tall. They don't have an asterisk saying world's tallest non-lauched giga. 

• Like 5

Rebar for some of the footers are on site. Just got off Adventure Express and saw them by the rectangle gravel plot by Blue Racer. I’ll post a pic here in a minute.

EDIT: Here you go. Not the best pic (digital zoom), but you can see them sitting in the grass on the left there.

DOUBLE EDIT: a concrete mixer truck just showed up.

2C0EB5A1-123B-4E82-B17C-05F54FD74294.jpeg

• Like 11
  • Thanks 4

Diamondback was vertical before the announcement. 
I think DB was different because of where it was at. Station and lift had to go over walk ways in the park where guests would be.

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

• Like 6

13 minutes ago, JCoaster25 said:

Rebar for some of the footers are on site. Just got off Adventure Express and saw them by the rectangle gravel plot by Blue Racer. I’ll post a pic here in a minute.

EDIT: Here you go. Not the best pic (digital zoom), but you can see them sitting in the grass on the left there.

DOUBLE EDIT: a concrete mixer truck just showed up.

2C0EB5A1-123B-4E82-B17C-05F54FD74294.jpeg

be sure to let us know what the concrete mixer truck is doing, if you would be so kind!

• Like 4

Sure!

The cylindrical molds for the footers have been placed in the ground around part of the gravel plot. Concrete is being poured as we speak. This is really interesting because if this is where the transfer shed is going or something similar, the supposed leaked plans for the full layout aren’t accurate since they show it on the other side of Flight of Fear. Things are getting interesting.

5DC51648-4752-44C3-B3DC-DA9777EAD5C8.jpeg

• Like 11
  • Thanks 3

3 minutes ago, JCoaster25 said:

Sure!

the cylindrical molds for the footers have been placed in the ground around part of the gravel plot. Concrete is being poured as we speak. This is really interesting because if this is where the transfer shed is going or something similar, the supposed leaked plans for the full layout aren’t accurate since they show it on the other side of Flight of Fear. Things are getting interesting.

5DC51648-4752-44C3-B3DC-DA9777EAD5C8.jpeg

Where exactly is this located?

• Like 4

6 minutes ago, DustinTheNow said:

I don’t see how this construction is related to the Giga. 

I agree. Look at the construction for this in relation to the land clearing on the other side of Flight of Fear. I'm no construction expert but even if this was related to the coaster it seems kind of "late". If this area was used for a coaster wouldn't the grass already be all torn up and reduced to dirt? This seems like a side project that could be in companion to the 2020 project.

• Like 7

• malem locked this topic