Decoding 2020

fryoj

I hope our giga claims the longest brake run in the world from Leviathan! I figure the announcement video will somewhat go like this:

Kings Island dares you to come face to face with The Beamer! The Beamer! 250ft of forever stopping brake power. At a 250ft deceleration attack on your senses. The Beamer leaves you yawning into your restraint system. Brakes you longer than any other coaster. Come face to face with The Beamer! The Beamer! the biggest, baddest, longest brake run in the world! 

• Like 7
  • Haha 4

I hope our giga claims the longest brake run in the world from Leviathan! I figure the announcement video will somewhat go like this:

Kings Island dares you to come face to face with The Beamer! The Beamer! 250ft of forever stopping brake power. At a 250ft deceleration attack on your senses. The Beamer leaves you yawning into your restraint system. Brakes you longer than any other coaster. Come face to face with The Beamer! The Beamer! the biggest, baddest, longest brake run in the world! 

I’m still banking on a South Park Line Ride myself. It will have the best theming ever. Should set the park back about $150!!
  • Like 4

Maybe these aren’t done yet, but maybe they are gonna drill, because the markers said pier, which in construction terms is a buried Column.d1f8ff4cf25e234428af70559123dcf2.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

For those of you who may not know exactly what a Pier footer would look like here's a picture of a deck that I've been working on that has Pier Footers granted it's not going to look exactly the same considering this is for a building but it gives you a good idea of what is going in there2e61f5afaa11846dcfff866fb0c591b9.jpg

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

• Like 6

I'd be okay with the drop length matching or barely beating Fury's if they're truly using that ravine to get a longer drop.

If they're using it to lengthen the drop to just barely get a drop over 300 (like 305ft) and the true height is under 300ft, it will feel like a cheap Six Flags move to me. 

Dunno why you'd spend all that money just to have the actual height be barely under 300ft

• Like 12

1 hour ago, RuthlessAirtime said:

Dunno why you'd spend all that money just to have the actual height be barely under 300ft

Because 99% of people don't freakin' care! That's why. That said, we'll see what we get. 

I am genuinely curious what records this ride will break, because I gotta believe it's going to break some. Which ones I don't know yet. At the end of the day though, it will be judged for years---perhaps decades---on how much fun it is. No matter how tall or fast or how big the drop is---all those records will be broken in a few years---I just hope it's a great ride!

Edited by bjcolglazier
I had more to say
  • Like 9
  • Thanks 1

16 minutes ago, bjcolglazier said:

Because 99% of people don't freakin' care! That's why. That said, we'll see what we get. 

I am genuinely curious what records this ride will break, because I gotta believe it's going to break some. Which ones I don't know yet. At the end of the day though, it will be judged for years---perhaps decades---on how much fun it is. No matter how tall or fast or how big the drop is---all those records will be broken in a few years---I just hope it's a great ride!

This is surely going to set many coaster records for "Southwestern Ohio"

• Like 8
  • Haha 1

5 minutes ago, fryoj said:

This is surely going to set many coaster records for "Southwestern Ohio"

And I mean...that's a thing, right? What does Cedar Fair do with an amazing park a short drive from Cedar Point as far as records are concerned? How much do all those pass-holders care, even---so long as they are getting coaster love?

• Like 3

Guys remember that no matter the length of the ride, Cedar Fair and B&M know what they are doing. I feel that this has really shown with Banshee and Mystic Timbers as Banshee’s inversions and Mystic’s elements seemed to have been really thought out and made for a great ride experience! And remember... the guy Cedar Fair has working closely with the manufacturers to design their rollercoasters, Rob Decker, absolutely loves Kings Island, per Banshee and Mystic Timbers’s Media Days. I know that Rob and Cedar Fair will do everything in their power to give Kings Island the best giga they can, and when you install such a world-class ride, it really makes the chain look good at the same time!

• Like 9

1 minute ago, KI FANATIC 37 said:

Yall are getting way to frazzled about this before we know anything. Your minds are thinking the worst thing possible. 

Try and sit back and enjoy the process. Who knows the next time KI will get a coaster of this magnitude. 

thats exactly why we are being critical of the layout. because we likely will not get anything like it ever again,

• Like 8

3 minutes ago, New Horizons said:

thats exactly why we are being critical of the layout. because we likely will not get anything like it ever again,

I didnt mean it bad to you all. But people are acting like we are getting Little Bills 2.0. 

I think its fair to be harsh if the layout was not a giga, but from all I've seen I'm pretty set on it being that. People are getting angry about a 310ft lift or a 290ft lift. I don't really think that is something to get angry about. I understand that everyone wants the park to get the best it can, but we are assuming aspects of the ride that we literally no nothing about at all. All I'm saying is it seems a bit premature to complain! Nothing bad at all.

• Like 5

1 minute ago, silver2005 said:

I feel this thread is starting to go into a mobius loop, just people repeating the same points over and over.

Yep.. that means it's time for something else to be leaked, or more plans to be found.

• Like 6

6 hours ago, Shaggy said:

You know... it would make a ton of sense for them to name a "possible" new coaster "Shooting Star."  It actually works on multiple levels...  a nod to history, fits the Coney/XBase space theme etc etc etc.

If it ran with 2 trains... (unlikely, but maybe...) Polaris and Orion.

Just sayin'...

Great minds think alike. :)

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

I have been wondering... for those of you who attended Coasterstock, was there someone who asked about a giga? I am just wondering because I know that someone had asked this last year, and Mike Koontz gave an interesting answer!

• Like 4

Questions were submitted via Facebook and selected by Mr. Helbig.  I'm sure there were probably a lot of questions about a giga, the construction, etc. but none of these were chosen by Mr. Helbig.  I thought this was a pretty smart decision by the park, given that they couldn't really answer them right now anyway.

• Like 8

So I found a flyover vid that was uploaded today, and looks pretty recent (I think the work behind FoF is happening, but not 100% sure). Qualities not great but it does give a decent look of the overall current clearing. It has me wondering how tight some of this track will be to the tree line. One thing I didn't like about Carowinds big coasters was the parking lot view they provided. This will sure not be that.

I copied the attached image from this youtube video:

20190520_235947.png

• Like 7

• malem locked this topic