Decoding 2020

fryoj

In some ways, I still don't understand why they didn't put the station and lift hill in area of old SOB. Would have put the 300 ft. hill towards front of park more as well.

It could start by The Beast, then go all the way to the front gate and back. Monster giga

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  • Like 3

2 hours ago, Imperial79 said:

Is that part new clearing, on the left side? Wasn’t it straight before all the way back? 

Negative. That little part of the clearing has always been there, as it's part of the boneyard. 

I feel those guys should have zoomed in a little more though, or actually snapped some pictures.  :unsure:

• Like 7

Negative. That little part of the clearing has always been there, as it's part of the boneyard. 
I feel those guys should have zoomed in a little more though, or actually snapped some pictures.  :unsure:
Hey six, when are you all headed back up for much better coverage for us to evaluate? Looking forward to your higher quality videos and photos!

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

• Like 2

4 hours ago, sixohdieselrage said:

Yeah,  but I'm talking about the little empty area to the left, its like near the back part of the clearing.  I checked Google Earth,  it looks like where they set the fireworks off at.  This coaster is going to be close to them,  my guess is they'll have to close it like they do for The Beast.

Btw, the pilot should take as much time as he needs, for his family,  its nice to see pictures and videos of this, but family is first. 

• Like 8
  • Thanks 1

8 hours ago, presto123 said:

In some ways, I still don't understand why they didn't put the station and lift hill in area of old SOB. Would have put the 300 ft. hill towards front of park more as well.

I've been saying for years that it only makes sense to put it back towards the back on Coney Mall for crowd distribution reasons. You already have large amounts of people flocking to the Rivertown area for DB, MT and Beast. You have a lot of people going to Action Zone, mainly for Banshee. While there are coasters and other rides in Coney, none are major draws like those others. Putting PX back there redistributes the crowds and helps out those concession stands and games as well. People are more likely to spend money if lines are shorter. 

• Like 5

I'm currently at the park. Blue left side racer isn't running and circular footers are being poured for that building between racer and Flight of Fear. One thing that interests me is that the X Base sign under racer is gone. Has the removal of the sign been talked about yet?

• Like 5

13 minutes ago, KoasterKasey said:

I'm currently at the park. Blue left side racer isn't running and circular footers are being poured for that building between racer and Flight of Fear. One thing that interests me is that the X Base sign under racer is gone. Has the removal of the sign been talked about yet?

When did that happen? *Someone insert photo here* 

• Like 2

Nope, it was not there at CoasterStock. I thought [mention=9282]Magenta Lizard[/mention] had mentioned its removal close to opening day?

It has been gone since opening day. Which is also why opening day when the half loop was spotted, it was mentioned that they could use that to make an arch with.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  • Like 5

1 minute ago, SonofBaconator said:

Speaking of X-Base, what do you think about the legitimacy of adding a second path along the Blue Racer side?

That is a maintenance road.  It appears there will be something there for Haunt, but I doubt they'd want to remove that access year round.

• Like 2

• malem locked this topic