Decoding 2020

fryoj

35 minutes ago, thatguyfromohio said:

It has been gone since opening day. Which is also why opening day when the half loop was spotted, it was mentioned that they could use that to make an arch with.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The half loop was spotted, and shared here in mid March. Not that it makes any difference. :P

• Like 2

24 minutes ago, TristinTargaryen said:

Anyone at the park see any other work being done besides the little plot next to Racer? 

Yesterday there was absolutely no one on site that could be seen. This implies that this particular “phase” is done and another crew is coming in sometime.

The building behind Racer strikes me as a new Haunt building.  There is the possibility that they are moving one of those maintenance buildings there but it seems kind of small for that.

• Like 4

Would anyone be kind enough to point out which haunts are affected by this construction please? I have never been to haunt and only know about the one next to The Beast's station and the one in the crypt building.  Im looking at haunt maps on Google, but park maps aren't very accurate. Thanks! 

• Like 3

On 5/20/2019 at 5:27 PM, SonofBaconator said:

Yukon Striker is the same height as Valravn but it has a longer drop. 

I think KI could land the "longest drop" title if the ravine is about 15ft+ deep

No I know they can be different. I didn't know that anyone would rather have a taller hill than a taller drop in a coaster. That's what I was saying.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, THE_BEASTmaster said:

They’re referring to this X-Base sign.

8b702e8e9c4100f80d7b1ce86cd39095.jpg

Hmmmm.... could they possibly be using that piece of Firehawk track for the new arch and signage????

• Like 6

Hmmmm.... could they possibly be using that piece of Firehawk track for the new arch and signage????

Or maybe even a teaser campaign not sure how but Kings Island can be pretty creative with some of the stuff that they do

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

• Like 4

Just now, FUN&ONLY! said:

Here’s an idea: they can auction off the old Firehawk track to afford a few extra pieces of B&M track to make the giga longer!

I am just kidding... they will probably get creative with it like CodyFryGuy said...

They wouldn't do that as the new coaster would just so happen to break down right there on the reused track... knowing this, they'd use that part of the track just for the station, lol.

• Like 4

3 minutes ago, shizzzon said:

They wouldn't do that as the new coaster would just so happen to break down right there on the reused track... knowing this, they'd use that part of the track just for the station, lol.

I can see Firehawk’s trains refusing to flip back up in the station right now...

Edit: Good news! Maintenance is on their way...

Edited by FUN&ONLY!
  • Like 4

Let's just break all the records....

How about a giga coaster with a hyper loop and a launch up a strata Shambala curve!

Beat those records... anybody, lol.

Everyone else might as well stop making coasters for 10yrs if that happens 

Since they are building all new ride and area.. I want to see FREESTYLE drink stations IN THE WAITING LINE! self service only stations with day or annual drink passes only.

• Like 4

Howdy all, I thought I'd throw my hat in the ring with a lovely MS Paint approximation of how the leaked layout would fill the land cleared. The thing that strikes me as strange about this is the lift's position nearly parallel with Diamondback, which I didn't fully realize before this crude creation. In all other parks with coasters of similar size, the two lifts are oriented different directions...and I think for good reason (i.e. to distinguish between the 2 coasters, especially if they're both B&Ms). Time will tell...

20190505_172044.jpg.27c711c526dac116f9aab067df6d23cf.jpg

• Like 11

Notice also that many lifthills are in the same direction as this. Idk if there’s any reason but it’s strange once you notice it.

Edit: Also notice we’ve looped back on stuff we’ve talked about once again. Did KI hire people to keep looping us in this wormhole as a crazy meta teasing campaign? I guess we’ll never know...

• Like 5

Yeah PX, Diamondback, Beast, Banshee, Racer, Invertigo lifts are all in that same general direction.

Hate to break it to you but Invertigo is about perpendicular to that direction. But Adventure Express has one lift in that direction. SoB also had it in that general direction, as does MT

• Like 4

1 hour ago, shizzzon said:

Since they are building all new ride and area.. I want to see FREESTYLE drink stations IN THE WAITING LINE! self service only stations with day or annual drink passes only.

While this sounds great, I can see this idea being abused. How will they enforce the “drink plans only” nature of the drink stations?

• Like 3

1 hour ago, shizzzon said:

They should just have a bartender in the queue.

• Like 8
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, FUN&ONLY! said:

I bet half of the KI employees who talk about what is coming in 2020 with park guests do not even know what a giga coaster is...

One employee on the top of the Eiffel Tower was saying IT IS going to be a giga and IT WILL be here next year. 

That employee wasn't Mike Koontz.

• Like 5

46 minutes ago, Logan said:

Yeah PX, Diamondback, Beast, Banshee, Racer, Invertigo lifts are all in that same general direction.

Dont forget the pumpkin coaster!

In all seriousness I dont think the coasters orientation matters. 

• Like 4

48 minutes ago, DiamondBanshee said:

Hate to break it to you but Invertigo is about perpendicular to that direction. But Adventure Express has one lift in that direction. SoB also had it in that general direction, as does MT

lol. You must have seen my IG post... :lol:

Screenshot_20190521-210558_Instagram.jpg

• Like 5

• malem locked this topic