Decoding 2020

fryoj

#SoutheastDropConspiracy  Seriously...what am I even doing here tonight???
It's all a part of the lore that goes deep into Kings Island history it's what the new coaster is going to be themed to... southeast drops

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, JubJester said:

One employee on the top of the Eiffel Tower was saying IT IS going to be a giga and IT WILL be here next year. 

That employee wasn't Mike Koontz.

The employee probably just saw the leaked plans like the rest of us. They aren't going to let some rando Eiffel Tower employee know more than we do.

• Like 4

The employee probably just saw the leaked plans like the rest of us. They aren't going to let some rando Eiffel Tower employee know more than we do.

09c2f5eb599314df36b8a66c74a6fa43.jpg
As posted before, I was a team leader for ki, and this is all they told us when Banshee was getting built.
“We are building for the future”

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  • Like 4

1 hour ago, Hawaiian Coasters 325 said:

^^That is true. Some people will just use it without a drink plan. The only way it would work is if they have a staff member there monitoring it, but I honestly think KI dropped the food/drink machine in the queue thing after Diamondback since WindSeeker, Banshee, MT, and KMAA don't have vending machines in the queue. 

While the vending machines in lines are somewhat nostalgic to me (as they’ve always been there), they really don’t make a lot of sense... like, why stand and take 2 minutes to buy a drink when the line is constantly moving? You would either a) lose your place in line as the line moves past you or b) you’ll hold up the line as everyone is waiting on you. While it seems like a good idea, I feel like they should have either a side lane where one could get stuff from vending machines (away from regular line) and then re-enter the line after the purchase or put vending machines at the front of each line and/or in general areas of the park (like the ones near Invertigo).

• Like 2

I may be a lone ranger here, but I'm still pretty firmly on the ground of the full-layout blueprint being a fake. Upon listening to the most recent In The Loop Podcast, I'm even more inclined at this point to not believe the alleged layout, even if it does happen to line up with the footings for the station and lift area. I'll let you guys listen at the link below, but to sum it up, one of the hosts on the podcast claims that the blueprint of the full-layout was intentionally posted in the ride-operator's clock-in area and left for the ride-hosts / seasonal employees to do the dirty work of "leaking" it. Not sure of the accuracy of the statement, but it's compelling, to say the least.

Episode can be found Here.

Even if the above statements are untrue, I think the timing and curious nature of the full-layout "leak" should not be overlooked. Kings Island's marketing department has been known in the past for its......diversions. 

• Like 8

That's... interesting to say the least. Though I don't know why they would go through all the trouble of faking the plans so well-done and professionally. And that layout does perfectly fit into the clearing...

• Like 7

2 minutes ago, Logan said:

That's... interesting to say the least. Though I don't know why they would go through all the trouble of faking the plans so well-done and professionally. And that layout does perfectly fit into the clearing...

But it doesn't fit perfectly into people's dreams

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

The blueprints aren't fake.

Filing fake blueprints with the city would, at best, be extremely uncouth for a large international corporation, and at worst result in possible legal issues.

If the "leaked" (I hate using that word for things that are public record) blueprints are fake, I'll eat my left shoe.

• Like 6

Anybody with minimal training/experience could have done that layout.  Especially if it was "leaked" by the park.  They would have access to the master CAD files and knocked that out in no time.  Like I've said before, not saying the layout IS fake.  I just am not 100& sure it's real.

At any rate, can't wait to ride whatever the creative minds of Cedar Fair/B&M come up with.  Haven't really let us down yet.

• Like 5

3 minutes ago, Jallie79 said:

Anybody with minimal training/experience could have done that layout.  Especially if it was "leaked" by the park.  They would have access to the master CAD files and knocked that out in no time.  Like I've said before, not saying the layout IS fake.  I just am not 100& sure it's real.

At any rate, can't wait to ride whatever the creative minds of Cedar Fair/B&M come up with.  Haven't really let us down yet.

If that was leaked by the park, it was drawn by someone in Switzerland.

• Like 3

Filing fake blueprints with the city would, at best, be extremely uncouth for a large international corporation, and at worst result in possible legal issues.
If the "leaked" (I hate using that word for things that are public record) blueprints are fake, I'll eat my left shoe.

I think they're talking about the full layout one. Not the station and lift blueprints filed with the city

• Like 9

This a good time to differentiate between the two documents in question:

One is a footer (footing) plan of what looks to be the station, transfer track, and lift hill. This was filed by Kings Island with the city and picked up by multiple people that use this site. These documents can be and have been posted here. There really is not much to discuss when it comes to the legitimacy of these as, as I said, they have been filed with the city.

The second document (which i believe is being referred to above) is a “leaked” blueprint showing what is possibly the entire layout of the coaster. This blueprint has no known source and as such cannot be posted here, but it is posted in other places (I believe on reddit). It was initially posted here, almost immediately after the other document (mention in this post above) was posted here, but was taken down due to the previously mentioned reasons. This document was not filed with the city as far as we know, so the legitimacy of it is still up in the air, though due to the extreme detailing on it, many believe it is real. CoasterMac305 has posted a prediction of what the layout may look like using this blueprint on YouTube, and I highly recommend it. Regardless, we can neither confirm nor deny if these are real.

Just though I should try to help clear this up for those that did not start reading this until a bit later on.

• Like 9

The second document is what I was referring to.  The city plans are absoluetly legit.  

The "leaked" complete layout, in my opinion,  leaves a lot of doubts as to its legitimacy that I feel will only be addressed once we get an announcement from the park. 

• Like 6

1 hour ago, homestar92 said:

I will join you in eating my left shoe.

• Like 1

Enough about leaked layouts and blueprints.  I think that honestly all we know from them is we still know nothing. Lol

I remember reading somewhere that CF was going ti be focusing more on family experiences and less on thrill rides.  What does everyone think of an X- Base expansion that could include maybe a new flat ride or two along with a new dark ride.   

I'm not saying for 2020 but over the next few years or so.  I think a new dark ride could really enhance the whole X-Base area.  Maybe an alien invasion shooter theme. Let's face it, as much fun as I have with my family oh Boo Blasters, it's a little dated. ;)

• Like 8

Hi! Who’s ready for some weekly analysis concerning the land clearing and elevation! Well more so then analysis, I would love your thoughts and opinions! 

I’ve gone into Google Earth to come up with a 2D Elevation profile of the land under the station, lift hill, first drop, and pullout of our 2020 coaster and I do have some findings.

Before getting to that, let me set the elevation that the coaster will be measured from as 740 ft, since this is what is stated in the footer map from the city. 

A8CC9A3A-3674-4566-BFCC-64E1A19F4DAE.png

Just a quick discription, as you can see, the area by Firehawks plot of land is pretty much level at 740, however beyond that (under the lift hill) there is a “bulge” in the land. The drop footer is interestingly placed near the “top” of that bulge at 748 ft (this is from coordinates from both my no limits ~previously discussed~ model and following along the google earth 2D elevation line) 

8F4B3AD0-5071-4FE9-B81C-C5D69FFC50F5.jpeg

(Posted Eariler — not my photo) 

The point for which I believe the coaster to bottom out on the first drop and pullout is about 730 ft in elevation. This would mean the net drop would be +5 ft as with most gigas the lowest it can get is about 5 ft above the ground level at that point. This is why my prediction layout indicates a height of 305 ft and a drop of 310 ft. 

BUT I was thinking, what would it take to have that theorized 323 ft drop?! That would be a net drop of +18 ft. But how is this possible with the ravine literally only being 21 ft below (719 ft elevation) the set 0 point of the coaster? (740 ft) One idea is a trench. I would most definitely love to see a nice Yukon Striker style trench, but if the park isn’t going to spend the extra money to be 330 ft tall, then what makes me think they’d put a trench?! Lol 

another idea is removing dirt to form a new grade that would allow for the drop!

BFD972BE-4080-451C-A772-D2E6BD24B493.jpeg

See red line above. With enough dirt removed along with the tree roots, it is entirely possible that the grade is now in this new shape. 

52A87FC5-CEA3-4587-A785-D776AB27C285.jpeg

However based on this image, it appeared the grading shape follows near perfectly with the image above.

So with that said, my findings are simple. This coaster will almost definitely be a giga. And if it is, it will certainly not be the “cheap” way with having a sub giga height and then some crazy drop into the ravine. The drop height will maybe be 5-10 ft taller then the actual lift hill. With that said, my height prediction is 300-310 ft and my drop prediction is 305-320 ft, but it will most likely be on the short end and not the tall end of both those ranges.

This discussion has basically taken us in a circle and might leave you with more questions then answers. So I have some more for you —What are your thoughts? Is there anything I can clarify? 

Thanks for reading!

• Like 11

9 hours ago, JubJester said:

One employee on the top of the Eiffel Tower was saying IT IS going to be a giga and IT WILL be here next year. 

That employee wasn't Mike Koontz.

On the ride up, some guy asked the employee about it, and they said, "They don't really tell us that stuff." 

Why do people keep asking the Eiffel Tower employees (or ride ops, etc.) about the next ride? Are they the eyes and ears of Kings Island? And more importantly, will the Dippin' Dots guy be angry "the Eiffel Tower employee" is moving in on his turf? Tune in next time, same The Bat-channel, same The Bat-time. 

• Like 4
  • Haha 5

7 hours ago, Jallie79 said:

I'm sure Cedar Fair has a few people on payroll that could pull it off as well. Lol

You think someone at Cedar Fair tasked one of their paid employees to spend time researching B&M coasters to find unique elements, getting their exact specs to match scale, rail placement, support heights, and footer locations, incorporating the exact station blueprints into their design, making it exactly fit the real clearing, and then take the time to actually draw this whole thing out in cad? Then they did the poorest example of a leak ever by trying to leak a pdf, failed at that, but then just took a couple of screenshots with a phone then sent them to a whopping one person. All to troll a single message board? 

Yeah... No

That drawing came from B&M. Period. At one point, I acknowledged the possibility that it could have been one of the proposed layouts for the ride presented to the park that somehow got leaked. But after looking how the leak went down and that we have a fuzzy copy of a highly detailed drawing, it's pretty clear it's legit. 

3 hours ago, Magenta Lizard said:

Do you think there’s any chance of the drop being extended by a tunnel at the bottom, like Beast? Is that something you could see working with the current trench/ravine, or would that even matter in the case of a tunnel?

No. They would have showed up both in the leaked plan, and most likely, in the footer plan from the city. Not to mention, a tunnel would probably be the first thing they'd work on as it takes longer to build. Theres also just no need for an underground tunnel. They aren't going under water or a path here. Theres nothing an underground tunnel achieves that you can't accomplish with going through an above ground tunnel. Theres also the "why". If achieving height is the goal, they could have just made the lift taller. 

• Like 5

• malem locked this topic