Decoding 2020

fryoj

50 minutes ago, Joshua said:

Why do people keep asking the Eiffel Tower employees (or ride ops, etc.) about the next ride? 

Let’s face it...the tower employees are just asking for it by asking everyone...”Does anyone have any questions?”. :P

• Like 6

4 hours ago, Magenta Lizard said:

Do you think there’s any chance of the drop being extended by a tunnel at the bottom, like Beast? Is that something you could see working with the current trench/ravine, or would that even matter in the case of a tunnel?

I don’t see why not, it’s possible. It could be a long drop if we were to use the ravine and a tunnel into the ground. We could get a coaster that’s only 305 feet tall and have a 350+ foot drop if so. 

• Like 6

1 hour ago, kissfan4 said:

I think someone needs to make a stop at the city building, and ask for all plans filed by KI. Will tell us if there are any new blueprints regarding the coaster, and the building next to Racer.

I don't understand why this site doesn't have what we're looking for. If you search for permits at Kings Island Drive, you'll find several in the past for 6300 Kings Island Drive (which is the park's address), but none filed recently. 

http://www.co.warren.oh.us/bldginsp/search/Default.aspx

• Like 3

12 minutes ago, BSBMX said:

I don't understand why this site doesn't have what we're looking for. If you search for permits at Kings Island Drive, you'll find several in the past for 6300 Kings Island Drive (which is the park's address), but none filed recently. 

http://www.co.warren.oh.us/bldginsp/search/Default.aspx

It's been discussed several times.  They are filed with the City of Mason, not Warren County.

• Like 5

6 minutes ago, teenageninja said:

It's been discussed several times.  They are filed with the City of Mason, not Warren County.

Can't believe I missed that. I must have missed that particular chapter of this lengthy thread.

Too bad Mason doesn't have an online, searchable permit page. They do have a nice "how to drive around a roundabout" page, though. 

• Like 6

12 minutes ago, lifetimecoaster said:

I was searching that site, and from what I was lead to believe by the folks on here is that Mason is where the building permits will be, since Kings Island is now no longer actually considered part of Warren County. 

Kings Island is still a part of Warren County, they just used to be in Deerfield Township. The park was annexed to the City of Mason, which has a building department.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, fryoj said:

Theres also just no need for an underground tunnel. They aren't going under water or a path here. Theres also the "why". If achieving height is the goal, they could have just made the lift taller. 

Why isn't there a need for an underground tunnel? Beast doesn't go under water or really over any paths but it has tunnels. There's also the why not? Maybe instead of a higher lift, they could want a bigger drop? 

I mean there isn't much that is 100% verified about this coaster yet aside from the plans submitted and verified..

• Like 5

9 hours ago, Jallie79 said:

What does everyone think of an X- Base expansion that could include maybe a new flat ride or two along with a new dark ride.   

I'm not saying for 2020 but over the next few years or so.  I think a new dark ride could really enhance the whole X-Base area.  Maybe an alien invasion shooter theme. Let's face it, as much fun as I have with my family oh Boo Blasters, it's a little dated. ;)

I'm in-and I'd love to see an Xbase expansion go along with an Octoberfest update. In terms of flats, a screaming swing would be very nice. Besides being very enjoyable, they look awesome and would add some needed ambiance.

• Like 6

2 hours ago, fryoj said:

You think someone at Cedar Fair tasked one of their paid employees to spend time researching B&M coasters to find unique elements, getting their exact specs to match scale, rail placement, support heights, and footer locations, incorporating the exact station blueprints into their design, making it exactly fit the real clearing, and then take the time to actually draw this whole thing out in cad? Then they did the poorest example of a leak ever by trying to leak a pdf, failed at that, but then just took a couple of screenshots with a phone then sent them to a whopping one person. All to troll a single message board? 

Yeah... No

I think everyone is thinking using CAD is the equivalently oas difficult as advanced thermo dynamics, rocket science and experimental physics combined.  This is most definately not the case.  Everyone is reading entirely too much into the details of this "leaked" layout.  Not real difficult to accomplish. Definately not difficult if you were to have the original files.

As for trolling a single message board...Leak is all over the internet, not just KIC.  People have have never heard of this board have seen and discussed the leak.  

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

During his speech at Coasterstock, Jeff Gramke mentioned that the reason for the tunnel at the bottom of the first drop of Beast was that they realized they needed more drop length to make it through the rest of the course they were planning. The two options were to increase the height of the entire rest of the coaster (expensive) or drop down below ground level (less expensive, and way cooler in my opinion :)).

Since there’s been the discussion in the price of steel going up, I was just thinking it would be a good way to make for a coaster with a longer drop, while saving quite a bit of money on steel.

• Like 9
  • Sad 1

Hard to read (need better pics!), but I think this lists top height of lift at 1065' (elevation height, not ride height), and bottom of drop is at 735', giving us a drop height of 330'. Need a better view of the 10xx' number, but I'm guessing it's 1065'.top bottom.png

• Like 13

• malem locked this topic