Decoding 2020

fryoj

I realize it comes off sounding like an entitled brat to say that I'm disappointed, but I am disappointed. Yeah, it's a giga, but just barely. And I wouldn't even mind the height if the layout looked a little more inspired, but I don't see anything interesting about it. Yeah, yeah, I know: "Don't ride it then. One less person in line for me. Blah blah blah". I'll ride it, and I'll probably enjoy it, but it just seems like a waste of potential.

• Like 16

5 minutes ago, Ben43065 said:

Is actual height also 301?

Grade at the start of the lift is about 740, under the top of the lift it is about 750.  Top of the lift is listed as 1035, so about 285-295 tall.  Depends a little on how the measurement is done, typically you average the height of the grade so likely height is 290.

In a word this coaster is going to be controversial.  

• Like 9

4 minutes ago, supertrooper said:

I realize it comes off sounding like an entitled brat to say that I'm disappointed, but I am disappointed. Yeah, it's a giga, but just barely. And I wouldn't even mind the height if the layout looked a little more inspired, but I don't see anything interesting about it. Yeah, yeah, I know: "Don't ride it then. One less person in line for me. Blah blah blah". I'll ride it, and I'll probably enjoy it, but it just seems like a waste of potential.

I think you’re looking at a 2D layout and judging too early. The park hasn’t even announced this ride yet and you’re saying you’re disappointed, let’s wait until after you ride it to say you’re disappointed. It’s a new coaster that’s going to bring Kings island a lot of new business and a lot of media attention. Let’s just wait to ride it before you get all “bratty”. (Not calling you a brat btw) 

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, thatguyfromohio said:

521fb01063235cf30bf48181629c606b.jpg
I’m getting a drop of 288. I think b&m will knock it out of the park. They always do

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

You're looking at "Bottom #6", which is after the ampersand/helix. Bottom #1 is the bottom of the main drop.

• Like 7

I completely understand where you are coming from, and some will agree with you, but I feel like what we are getting is going to be excellent to say the least. This ride looks to get to the point, and stay to the point. Did I want a record breaker? Yeah, I mean because why not! However when I look at the layout of Fury 325, and after riding it, it feels like everything after the treble clef was redundant or just not necessary. It’s still a great ride, but I wouldn’t knock this one out until EVERY egg is hatched, that is whenever announcement day is. We honestly have a gem.

• Like 5

3 minutes ago, thatguyfromohio said:

I’m getting a drop of 288. I think b&m will knock it out of the park. They always do

You used the top of the lift, and the bottom of element 6.  You need to use the top of the lift and bottom of #1 so 1035.9 - 735.0 which is 300.9.

• Like 6

Are you able to tell overbanks on these renderings? Does it seem similar to the no limits prediction? I need a 100% to scale POV by the time I get off work! In the mean time can someone list the elements in order to hold me over? 

• Like 3

11 minutes ago, thatguyfromohio said:

521fb01063235cf30bf48181629c606b.jpg

If anyone looks at the turn around, the height is almost 200’f9bf9afd3f15545231023c0a890cc08c.jpg

Ohhh the bottom you see there (747) is the bottom of the turn out of the ampersand element. 735 is the bottom of the drop. This makes it 300 ft. 

• Like 3

This just may be the inner brat coming out, but a height of 285-295 and a drop of 301 seems like a cop out. Increase the lift angle by 1 or 2 degrees, that should be enough to get it over 300 feet. no? If they are spending 25+ mil, I'd assume an extra 20 feet in height wouldn't break the bank. While I disregarded previous fan theories about CF not wanting to go higher than MF or Fury, I am starting to think that just may be the case.

• Like 8

2 minutes ago, Pagoda Gift Shop said:

Somewhere...a marketing executive should be very unhappy.

I only feel bad because this will spread like wildfire all over social media and the news. Enthusiasts going back and forth wouldn’t really take away from the awe that the public will get from its announcement. Plastering these plans all over the news and Facebook will take that away. 

• Like 3

11 minutes ago, Zdiddy said:

Are you able to tell overbanks on these renderings? Does it seem similar to the no limits prediction? I need a 100% to scale POV by the time I get off work! In the mean time can someone list the elements in order to hold me over? 

300' drop, up 181' with overbanked-ish turn, down 174', up 188' into the ampersand, down 194' below ampersand, up 62' bunny hill, down 54', up 139' TRIM, down 138' beginning into helix, up 109' top of helix, down 107' exiting helix, up 88' turn towards brake run, down 56' (last drop), up 46' into brake run.

• Like 7

I dont understand the underwhelmed comments. This is going to be one of, if not THE, best roller coasters in the world.  Has Cedar Fair added a bad or underwhelming roller coaster to KI since they've owned it? No. And this will be the best yet!

• Like 12
  • Haha 1

Just now, KIghostguy said:

We have so much unused land. Not only is the giga not using it...but it's blocking off expansion into it as well!

That’s another thing that’s confused me, this rollercoaster seems to block off so much potential land for expansion, yes they could build over / under it but that seems kind of doubtful.

• Like 5

I know you’re all on about expansion, but I have a feeling they have no plans to expand KI out at any time. When was the last time they actually expanded the park? The addition of Action Zone? Even then, that already existed as safari village. I think they will remove and add rides as time goes on. Expanding out does not seem like it’s on CFs ideas for KI 

• Like 7

Honestly, with how ungrateful a lot of people are acting about this, I think you guys need to be reminded how fortunate KI is to get a coaster every three years. Do any of you remember the fact that the other parks like Dorney, Michigan’s Adventure, and World’s of Fun haven’t gotten anything of note in several years? KI is very spoiled to get so many new coasters in such a short time span, especially considering it’s proximity to Cedar Point. And the fact that they’ve added so much more to the park besides the coasters(like all the refurbishments this year), is something that not every park gets. Some of you need to grow up and realize that you can’t just have a 9,000ft coaster because you want it. Everyone’s been demanding a giga for years, and now you’ve finally gotten one but you’re going to complain it’s not good enough. Not to mention how disrespectful it is to the park itself that went out of their way to request this from Cedar Fair in the first place.

• Like 17
  • Thanks 3
  • Haha 3

3 minutes ago, Ben43065 said:

That’s another thing that’s confused me, this rollercoaster seems to block off so much potential land for expansion, yes they could build over / under it but that seems kind of doubtful.

Expansion to where exactly? The land going back to the river is unusable in terms of amusement park expansions. Uneven, steep terrain that would require a massive amount of $$ for any type of walkway the GP can traverse.

• Like 5

4 minutes ago, KIghostguy said:

We have so much unused land. Not only is the giga not using it...but it's blocking off expansion into it as well!

It's expensive clearing wooded land, and it's more expensive doing so on rugged terrain. Based on the earlier discussions when we just had the clearing, it seems that KI picked the best topography to work with for this coaster, and has no qualms about leaving the rest undeveloped.

• Like 3

• malem locked this topic