Decoding 2020

fryoj

3 minutes ago, Reesesp56 said:

Expansion to where exactly? The land going back to the river is unusable in terms of amusement park expansions. Uneven, steep terrain that would require a massive amount of $$ for any type of walkway the GP can traverse.

The new rollercoaster seems to allow for some expansion of X-Base but not a ton of room for it due to how close that ampersand is to The Racer.

• Like 4

I believe X-Base will be nothing more than a walkway to Flight of Fear and the new coaster. They might add a little more theme to it now, but a full blown themed area? Doubt it. 

• Like 4

Didn't the GM say at Coasterstock last year that they don't have any plans on expanding into a new area? I honestly think people are overreacting on this. I'm glad we're getting a giga. Being barely a giga is better than nothing at all. We can't judge it until we ride it. Thank you CF and KI for finally giving us a giga coaster!

• Like 10

I'm reserving all judgement until I ride it. Maverick, for example, looks like nothing even when you stand next to it, but is an amazing ride. I do hope is that it is designed to create a different ride experience than the current coasters and is not simply DB 2.0

• Like 9

I'm extremely excited to be getting a coaster of this magnitude.  I'm just a little confused at the overall height that it will be.  even with the actual blueprint with hard numbers it still seems that the height is still up in there air.  I'll be very excited for whatever the stats are.......but it would be a little confusing if this thing is <300'.   I'm sure they have something up their sleeve that gets it to 300' whether it grading the ground or what not.........time will tell.  

• Like 8

I know y'all gonna say I should appreciate that we're getting a giga at all and your probably correct. But this honestly feels a little like a slap in the face. Cedar Fair pretty much saying " here is your giga, now shut up ". O well I guess CP is just a ways up the road.

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

• Like 6
  • Thanks 2

I have no doubts that our Giga will be better than the one at Cedar Point.

That said, it is my opinion that "better than Millennium Force" isn't a very high bar. I've always felt it's the weakest North American Giga by a mile (yes, I've ridden all of them) and I absolutely do not think that is changing in 2020.

• Like 8

I kinda have a theory on why we are getting a shorter giga. There is actually a rumor that Firehawk was originally supposed to be removed at the end of this season instead of last season. If that rumor is true, than we probably were originally supposed to get a giga in 2021 instead of next year. My theory is that it was supposed to be a larger giga, but because of how big of a pain Firehawk was becoming which lead to the decision to remove it last year. They decided they were going to move the plans earlier. Again, this is my theory and there is no facts in this whatsoever that I know of. It's just my opinion. I also have a theory that this shorter giga was an "emergency coaster" because of Kings Island sort of having a rough season last year. It could also explain the rumors of CGA's hyper being delayed. Again just my opinions and I have no inside info. 

• Like 7

36 minutes ago, BSBMX said:

300' drop, up 181' with overbanked-ish turn, down 174', up 188' into the ampersand, down 194' below ampersand, up 62' bunny hill, down 54', up 139' TRIM, down 138' beginning into helix, up 109' top of helix, down 107' exiting helix, up 88' turn towards brake run, down 56' (last drop), up 46' into brake run.

Thanks buddy, sounds exhilerating!

• Like 4

3 minutes ago, Diamondbackfanatic said:

I'm extremely excited to be getting a coaster of this magnitude.  I'm just a little confused at the overall height that it will be.  even with the actual blueprint with hard numbers it still seems that the height is still up in there air.  I'll be very excited for whatever the stats are.......but it would be a little confusing if this thing is <300'.   I'm sure they have something up their sleeve that gets it to 300' whether it grading the ground or what not.........time will tell.  

I'm going to call it... lift height is 286' with a 301' drop. The footings directly under "top of lift" are at 749' and 750' ground elevation. Subtract the 1035.9 lift height from these numbers puts the lift height at 286' above ground. Subtract the lift bottom elevation height of 735' from the lift's height of 1035.9' gives us a drop right at 301'.

Lift height, 286'

Drop height, 301'

hieghts.png

• Like 5

29 minutes ago, Old_Bearcat said:

Due to the Little Miami Scenic River, there may be a buffer that they cannot build upon.    Beast may be grandfathered into this as the LMSR was created after 1979, I think

Not only that, but Beast takes very little out of the trees and the nature, so yeah.

• Like 4

1 minute ago, BSBMX said:

I'm going to call it... lift height is 286' with a 301' drop. The footings directly under "top of lift" are at 749' and 750' ground elevation. Subtract the 1035.9 lift height from these numbers puts the lift height at 286' above ground. Subtract the lift bottom elevation height of 735' from the lift's height of 1035.9' gives us a drop right at 301'.

Lift height, 286'

Drop height, 301'

hieghts.png

That would make sense, except the height of the coaster isn’t based on the ground below the top, it’s based on the zero point “they” set for the coaster. 

• Like 4

10 minutes ago, KevM86 said:

I know y'all gonna say I should appreciate that we're getting a giga at all and your probably correct. But this honestly feels a little like a slap in the face. Cedar Fair pretty much saying " here is your giga, now shut up ". O well I guess CP is just a ways up the road.

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

You have every right to be disappointed. Don’t forget that KI and Cedar Fair are businesses. They don’t build attractions for coaster enthusiasts. Maybe at CP, but definitely not at KI. It’s an attraction to bring interest to the park and bring more people in. 

I guess no competition can be bad. If KI was owned by Busch or other park operators (not six), I’m sure they’d be adding a multi record breaker. 

• Like 5

24 minutes ago, TristinTargaryen said:

Honestly, with how ungrateful a lot of people are acting about this, I think you guys need to be reminded how fortunate KI is to get a coaster every three years. Do any of you remember the fact that the other parks like Dorney, Michigan’s Adventure, and World’s of Fun haven’t gotten anything of note in several years? KI is very spoiled to get so many new coasters in such a short time span, especially considering it’s proximity to Cedar Point. And the fact that they’ve added so much more to the park besides the coasters(like all the refurbishments this year), is something that not every park gets. Some of you need to grow up and realize that you can’t just have a 9,000ft coaster because you want it. Everyone’s been demanding a giga for years, and now you’ve finally gotten one but you’re going to complain it’s not good enough. Not to mention how disrespectful it is to the park itself that went out of their way to request this from Cedar Fair in the first place.

Apologies if i came across ungrateful in any fashion. I even mentioned to my gf while walking out of the park on Monday that CF has upped the game for KI in terms of the amount of rides being built and more specifically WHO is building/ designing them. 

My point was that a height and drop both of 300+ is easily obtainable, and this addition proves that the park thought it best to install a Giga. CF Giga (drop) installs (MF = 300, I305 = 300, Levi = 306, Fury = 320) had the logic that height was increasing with each new ride. And for a new Giga to be short of 300 and have a 301 ft drop via a valley just begs the question, why? Why open yourself up to that debate... that's all. 

I'm stoked for this ride, as just a few short years ago we thought B&M was unwilling to go 300+ feet. I'll be renewing my gold pass and might even buy FastLane on a few days to marathon the sucker!

• Like 7

2 hours ago, BSBMX said:

Hard to read (need better pics!), but I think this lists top height of lift at 1065' (elevation height, not ride height), and bottom of drop is at 735', giving us a drop height of 330'. Need a better view of the 10xx' number, but I'm guessing it's 1065'.top bottom.png

Somebody else pointed out it says 1035 not 1065

• Like 3

Just now, RuthlessAirtime said:

Omg omg omg omg omg omg omg omg omg omg omg omg omg omg omg omg

330!!!

WE’RE GOING FAST BOYS

Nope, you didn't scroll far enough. I read the number wrong, it's 1035.9, giving us a drop of ~301'.

• Like 3

Just now, Theoutdoorkid107 said:

My inner coaster brat is coming out, I’m disappointed at this coaster if these are the actual plans.

I don't want to be the one to tell you, but these are the actual plans. The PDF didly someone shared was easily faked, but working blueprints cost money, and as much as KI likes to troll with teasers and what not, filing fake working prints with the city for something like this is a cost that's not worth playing with people's minds. 

• Like 8
  • Thanks 1

• malem locked this topic