Decoding 2020

fryoj

6 minutes ago, Maddog said:

Anyone else notice a "NEW PROP. BUILDING" just in front of the station stairs?  Looks like the Fast Lane and regular lines both go through this building.  Interesting they use the term "building", which makes me think something possibly enclosed?  My reasoning, the "EXISTING LOCKER AREA" is open, and the "NEW STATION HOUSE" would be somewhat open.  Also notice how the "EXISTING RIDE PHOTO BUILDING" is getting reworked as an entrance to the ride.  

I'm really intrigued by what is going into the theme work for this ride.  

It’s labeled as a Quonset hut, so it probably will be enclosed with theming. Also, it’s “prop” without the period.

DF492E98-3AB2-4FC9-BB19-82CDE5A0C39D.jpeg

• Like 5

Someone else mentioned the queue being fully in the sun, but there are three rectangular shaded areas (with lighting) indicating there will be some type of overhang/covering/shelter. 

Since we don't have all the sheets scanned it is hard to tell about the specifics. 

• Like 4

52 minutes ago, THE_BEASTmaster said:

I still think the reason that the coaster isn’t going to be taller than other gigacoasters, is because of the Warren County airport. I want to the zoning height restrictions are for the park because of that.

The airport is around 10 miles from the park, height restrictions only extend for 20,000 feet from the airport.  Beyond that you can go as high as you want, as long as you request permission.  Which is what is bugging me, I checked the FAA website a few minutes ago, the park has not filed a 7460-1 for this coaster.

But then unless I screwed up the search, I cannot find anything for Diamondback or for Drop zone.  Anything over 200' requires a 7460-1 and they are searchable on the FAA website so I am really confused.  Here is the Eiffel Tower.

• Like 5

7 minutes ago, KIghostguy said:

It’s labeled as a Quonset hut, so it probably will be enclosed with theming. Also, it’s “prop” without the period.

Thanks, it was hard to read the existing images.  High five to those who have posted links to higher resolution scans!  

• Like 2

I’d be lying if I said I wasn’t a little disappointed, BUT since the layout turned out to be real, what we do have looks like it’ll be very good, great even. I’ve been surprised before. Looking forward to the official announcement!

• Like 5

That'll teach me to go to work....

5 hours ago, Jallie79 said:

I think everyone is thinking using CAD is the equivalently oas difficult as advanced thermo dynamics, rocket science and experimental physics combined.  This is most definately not the case.  Everyone is reading entirely too much into the details of this "leaked" layout.  Not real difficult to accomplish. Definately not difficult if you were to have the original files.

As for trolling a single message board...Leak is all over the internet, not just KIC.  People have have never heard of this board have seen and discussed the leak.  

The leak came from this board, and it was the only place it was leaked. Everyone else got it from here.

Not that it's relevant now. 

3 hours ago, TristinTargaryen said:

Honestly, with how ungrateful a lot of people are acting about this, I think you guys need to be reminded how fortunate KI is to get a coaster every three years. Do any of you remember the fact that the other parks like Dorney, Michigan’s Adventure, and World’s of Fun haven’t gotten anything of note in several years? KI is very spoiled to get so many new coasters in such a short time span, especially considering it’s proximity to Cedar Point. And the fact that they’ve added so much more to the park besides the coasters(like all the refurbishments this year), is something that not every park gets. Some of you need to grow up and realize that you can’t just have a 9,000ft coaster because you want it. Everyone’s been demanding a giga for years, and now you’ve finally gotten one but you’re going to complain it’s not good enough. Not to mention how disrespectful it is to the park itself that went out of their way to request this from Cedar Fair in the first place.

1 hour ago, Logan said:

Lol way to be grateful

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Are you guys grateful for McDonalds and Walmart or other businesses that want your money. KI is a business. They are doing this to separate you from your money. We owe them nothing. People have every right to be critical of anything at the park. 

3 hours ago, DustinTheNow said:

That would make sense, except the height of the coaster isn’t based on the ground below the top, it’s based on the zero point “they” set for the coaster. 

Even the station is only at 740 ft elevation, meaning that the top of the hill isn't even 300 ft from there. Unless you are suggesting they can just set any arbitrary height, because then I'd go with sea level and say this thing is 1000 ft tall! 

1 hour ago, Hawaiian Coasters 325 said:

^^They'll probably market it the way they marketed Diamondback. "Our tallest, fastest, and meanest coaster ever!" But I'm sure they'll throw in "300 foot fall" in the advertisement to get people talking

* "300 ft drop"

39 minutes ago, BSBMX said:

If you look at exiting the helix and below the first drop, the track and clearance envelope is dashed. My first thoughts is that is where the tunnel is. 

37F2AF24-3C73-4211-974F-19D8F3D422BA.jpeg

If there was an underground or ground mounted tunnel there, there would be footers or a foundation for the structure. I guess it's possible they could be doing a faux tunnel that just mounts to the track/supports. But most of the back half of the ride has the track as a dashed/dotted line, so I have my doubts. 

• Like 5

3 minutes ago, fryoj said:

If there was an underground or ground mounted tunnel there, there would be footers or a foundation for the structure. I guess it's possible they could be doing a faux tunnel that just mounts to the track/supports. But most of the back half of the ride has the track as a dashed/dotted line, so I have my doubts. 

#WhatsInTheTunnel

• Like 4

Each track piece is numbered on one of those blueprints. It's not super clear in the station and transfer area, so I had to guess there, but I'm estimating there are 148 track pieces in total. If I take Fury's track pieces of 192 and length of 6602', I get an average piece length of 34.385'. An estimate of 148 pieces at 34.385' gives me a length of 5089', assuming KI's coaster and Fury have a similar distributed estimated of track lengths.

Lift height, 286'

Drop height, 301'

Track length, 5089'

• Like 7

I think everyone rioting because our giga "isn't good enough" is absolutely hilarious. If we didn't get any coaster at all in 2020, no one would be complaining. We got a giga, which is amazing. This is the best and biggest ride Kings Island has ever gotten and people are whining that it isn't exactly what they wanted.

• Like 10

Per the electrical on the lift hill, appears this coaster will have a strip/chase lighting package (notice the black dashed line going up the lift).  Looking forward to the new skyline of Kings Island in 2020 at night!

• Like 10

3 minutes ago, BSBMX said:

Each track piece is numbered on one of those blueprints. It's not super clear in the station and transfer area, so I had to guess there, but I'm estimating there are 148 track pieces in total. If I take Fury's track pieces of 192 and length of 6602', I get an average piece length of 34.385'. An estimate of 148 pieces at 34.385' gives me a length of 5089', assuming KI's coaster and Fury have a similar distributed estimated of track lengths.

Lift height, 286'

Drop height, 301'

Track length, 5089'

122 normal pieces (including turn between brake run and transfer) + 1 transfer + 9 brakes/station + 16 lift/drop pieces = 148. You are right. 

Certainly not a bad way to guesstimate a track length. Thanks. Where'd you find Fury's 192?

• Like 4

4 hours ago, Reesesp56 said:

This just may be the inner brat coming out, but a height of 285-295 and a drop of 301 seems like a cop out. Increase the lift angle by 1 or 2 degrees, that should be enough to get it over 300 feet. no? If they are spending 25+ mil, I'd assume an extra 20 feet in height wouldn't break the bank. While I disregarded previous fan theories about CF not wanting to go higher than MF or Fury, I am starting to think that just may be the case.

It wouldn't break the bank. This confirms everything i've been saying about Cedar Fair not wanting KI to have anything spectacular. They are not even going to have a "true" giga that is 300 feet from lift apex to ground directly below?!. That is pathetic. KI basically will have 2 hypers now! 

• Like 8
  • Haha 1

5 minutes ago, Logan said:

I think everyone rioting because our giga "isn't good enough" is absolutely hilarious. If we didn't get any coaster at all in 2020, no one would be complaining. We got a giga, which is amazing. This is the best and biggest ride Kings Island has ever gotten and people are whining that it isn't exactly what they wanted.

No, people complained last year when it became clear a coaster wasn't coming. They'll complain again in 2021 when a coaster isn't built. It's great that you are tickled to death, but your opinion carries no more weight than those who are disappointed. 

• Like 9

1 minute ago, Logan said:

We are spoiled rotten at this point. We should take a step back and appreciate all the money and resources Cedar Fair is pouring into the park to make it a top-notch experience for us.

LMAO. You think they sit around at stockholder meetings asking what they can do for the coaster community because it would be nice? They are doing this to make money. They say if we put forth this capital expenditure, what kind of return on investment can we expect. Guest experience, outside of getting them to make return trips, has nothing to do with it. Don't try to fool yourself otherwise. 

• Like 9

16 minutes ago, Logan said:

If we didn't get any coaster at all in 2020, no one would be complaining. 

Exactly. You kind of indirectly nailed it here.

A giga is your one shot to build something incredible, and loads of people feel like this has been full of missed opportunities so far.

KI will likely never get anything higher than 300 feet ever again, or at least not soon enough that it’s even worth mentioning.

If it was an RMC, we would probably all be happy right now regardless of what it was.

Gigas have a reputation for being the record breakers, the precedent-setters, the bar-uppers.

On paper it looks like this doesn’t do any of that, and that’s why people are bummed - especially when you consider the size of the plot of land and the topography KI had to work with.

As a footnote, being bummed about the product that KI is getting ready to deliver to earn our dollars is in no way spoiled. This is not a birthday present - it is a product, and products are criticized all the time.

• Like 15

1 hour ago, corn4ahead said:

And as a side note, I just watched POVs from Leviathan and Fury. They each have a tunnel of some sort so I think there's a good chance this new Giga will as well.

Leviathan didn't have a tunnel when it opened. 

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Logan said:

We are spoiled rotten at this point. We should take a step back and appreciate all the money and resources Cedar Fair is pouring into the park to make it a top-notch experience for us.

If Cedar Fair was based in the North Pole and just built this stuff for us just to give us a top notch experience, expecting nothing in return, I'd agree with you that we're all kind of being a bunch of spoiled brats. I'm going to ride this thing as much as I can, I'm probably also going to really like it. I'm still disappointed. This is the long rumored Kings Island giga? This is what they follow up Fury with? If this was just the first of a series of Gigacoasters that would be built at Kings Island, I'd be psyched as hell. Knowing this is probably the biggest attraction KI is going to get for quite some time? Not so much.

• Like 10

1 minute ago, RuthlessAirtime said:

Exactly. You kind of indirectly nailed it here.

A giga is your one shot to build something incredible, and loads of people feel like this has been full of missed opportunities so far.

KI will likely never get anything higher than 300 feet ever again, or at least not soon enough that it’s even worth mentioning.

If it was an RMC, we would probably all be happy right now regardless of what it was.

Gigas have a reputation for being the record breakers, the precedent-setters, the bar-uppers.

On paper it looks like this doesn’t do any of that, and that’s why people are bummed - especially when you consider the size of the plot of land and the topography KI had to work with.

Exactly. People want a world record ride for their home park. They want to be able to travel a short distance to ride the world's best, and not have to travel hours, or just read about it. After watching CF one-up themselves with rides, they didn't expect a "tallest fastest ride in this park"

• Like 7

• malem locked this topic