Decoding 2020

fryoj

I think we made an OOPS guys... FoF and *Project X* coaster queues will NOT be next to each other. Looks like the old Firehawk photo will be the entry to the *Project X* coaster, and the exit will be right next to FoF's queue. 

20190522_181345.jpg

If someone has pointed this out before, forgive me.

• Like 9

6 minutes ago, Reesesp56 said:

This is just a piece to a much larger puzzle. I grew up going to KI once a week, and when I got my first car multiple times a week with my friends. I moved away from Ohio for a decade or so, and now once again live close to the park. Maybe it's maturing or being used Orlando theme parks, but all I see at KI now are money grabs and the service severely lacking in quite a few areas. I have a laundry list of issues we have experienced in only 4 visits to the park, and quite frankly I do not see the value in what we purchased. The park had a golden ring opportunity with this thing, and IMO let it slip out of their hands. Spend the few extra bucks it would take to get this thing to have a 321 foot drop. DB, MT and Banshee were great additons, but KI fans that grew up with the park  have become accustomed to world breaking rides or industry firsts. Don't deliver a subpar product (again, not even including this coaster) and expect me to still hand my cash over. Simple as that.

As someone who lives in the Orlando area and goes to those theme parks often, I actually prefer KI over them in most departments. Last time I went to KI (and the only time I went there) was right after Banshee opened, so maybe things have changed since, I don't know. But last time I went to KI I found the services, rides, and food to be excellent. The only thing that was disappointing is that the lines for the rides were somehow longer than the lines I encountered at BGT and Universal.

• Like 4
  • Confused 1

I think anyone can say they don’t like something if any company didn't their best,  it’s natural. It’s like going to a restaurant, you want good service and good food. You’re not spoiled if you complain about it, you’re paying money and spending your time there.  Ever since I rode MF at CP in 2000, I always wanted KI to get something big like that, yeah SOB was really big news back then as well, got people talking in Ohio.  I think we’ll be happy with this, but I hope it’s at least 300ft height, something with a code name like ‘Project X’, makes it sound it’s going to be something worth talking about!  The height is a selling point. 

• Like 5

4 hours ago, homestar92 said:

I have no doubts that our Giga will be better than the one at Cedar Point.

That said, it is my opinion that "better than Millennium Force" isn't a very high bar. I've always felt it's the weakest North American Giga by a mile (yes, I've ridden all of them) and I absolutely do not think that is changing in 2020.

MF is actually better than Fury.

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

4 minutes ago, Imperial79 said:

I think anyone can say they don’t like something if any company didn't their best,  it’s natural. It’s like going to a restaurant, you want good service and good food. You’re not spoiled if you complain about it, you’re paying money and spending your time there.  Ever since I rode MF at CP in 2000, I always wanted KI to get something big like that, yeah SOB was really big news back then as well, got people talking in Ohio.  I think I’ll be happy with this, but I hope it’s at least 300ft height.  The height is a selling point. 

It was established earlier in the thread that the actual height is 280-something I think. The ravine gives it a 301’ drop.

• Like 6

1 minute ago, RuthlessAirtime said:

It was established earlier in the thread that the actual height is 280-something I think. The ravine gives it a 301’ drop.

Yep, 286' lift height (per footings coordinates and today's blueprints) with a 301' drop (per today's blueprints). 

• Like 5

15 minutes ago, RuthlessAirtime said:

Oh that’s right. So I wonder what they’re going to have as a selling point?  The theming, and other elements of the coaster?  Sounds like this coaster is a giga/hyper hybrid.  I have a feeling if it’s not at least 300ft high (which it looks like it’s not) when they announce it at the announcement it won’t go over very well. But they might surprise us. 

• Like 2

I don't know why I bother reading this thread. Half of the people are complaining about a ride that hasn't even began to be built yet. 

Everyone had there heart set on a giga, that they think everything else is a complete failure. Who said it was going to be a giga? If it is a hyper, it's still going to draw people in. 95 percent of the people at the parks aren't going to be upset if it if its 15 feet short. Giga is just a word. 

If it's a great ride, who the heck cares? It doesn't need to be a giga to be a great ride. Give it a rest.

• Like 10
  • Thanks 5

I just realized that if you only consider a giga is a giga based off lift hill height, then KI isn’t getting their giga yet, so you can just wait forever more until they do finally get their giga. At least you’ll have that to look forward to!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 3

I don't know why I bother reading this thread. Half of the people are complaining about a ride that hasn't even began to be built yet. 

Everyone had there heart set on a giga, that they think everything else is a complete failure. Who said it was going to be a giga? If it is a hyper, it's still going to draw people in. 95 percent of the people at the parks aren't going to be upset if it if its 15 feet short. Giga is just a word. 

If it's a great ride, who the heck cares? It doesn't need to be a giga to be a great ride. Give it a rest.

And to add to JubJester’s comment, we don’t even have the official stats of the ride! We’re just all guessing still. Let’s wait and see what this coaster is stat-wise from park before we get our underwear in a wad!

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, JubJester said:

Everyone had there heart set on a giga, that they think everything else is a complete failure. Who said it was going to be a giga? If it is a hyper, it's still going to draw people in. 95 percent of the people at the parks aren't going to be upset if it is 15 feet short. 

95% of the people at the park don't know the difference between The Beast and Diamond back lol. Can't tell how many times I've heard people say.. "Oh that's The Beast" ... pointing at DB. Yes the GP doesn't care, a coaster is a coaster. They can advertise it simply as "Our new 2020 coaster" and it will bring people, lots of people.

• Like 4

8 minutes ago, Banding Banshee said:

Where is the guy with CAD where we can actually get the spot on stats of this coaster

I think I'm that guy you're referring to? I've done about all I can with what we got today. I could drop the overhead view into CAD, and sketch splines to match the overhead view and give them Z heights to match the few bottom/top heights that the blueprints give today to get a ROUGH layout length and 3D view of the track, but I'm sure someone tonight will provide a NL recreation based on what we learned today, which will be just as good as what I can do in CAD. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Here we go. That's the best we have to work with for right now.

train.png.a46a48e7e41c0217836c657decdd8683.png

I was hoping there would be something new about this like it would be the first wing giga so guess that's out now. My friend who is bigger can't fit on Diamondback. These trains seem very similar so guess she won't be riding this either. Do any of the B&M Gigas have any seats with longer seatbelts like how Banshee does? She can ride in those rows. Or is it not possible with the clamshell bars?

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, jcovelli said:

95% of the people at the park don't know the difference between The Beast and Diamond back lol. Can't tell how many times I've heard people say.. "Oh that's The Beast" ... pointing at DB. Yes the GP doesn't care, a coaster is a coaster. They can advertise it simply as "Our new 2020 coaster" and it will bring people, lots of people.

Yeah I can't tell you how many times people have asked me if I would ride "the tallest and fastest roller coaster in the world" Steel Vengeance at Cedar Point.

• Like 4

I was hoping there would be something new about this like it would be the first wing giga so guess that's out now. My friend who is bigger can't fit on Diamondback. These trains seem very similar so guess she won't be riding this either. Do any of the B&M Gigas have any seats with longer seatbelts like how Banshee does? She can ride in those rows. Or is it not possible with the clamshell bars?

Newer b&m can occupy larger guest in the middle

• Like 2

Be interesting if Polaris and Orion were 2 different trains. Is there a rollercoaster that runs 2 different types of seating arrangements at the same time and it be unexpected as to which train you'll get by the time you load?

• Like 2

On clamshells I’d venture to say it doesn’t matter. They aren’t constrained by seatbelts like Banshees restraints are. Even if the seatbelt was 50’ long, if the clamshell doesn’t fit, it doesn’t fit, unfortunately.

You're right I guess I was confused how Diamondback added the seatbelts too later on. I wonder if this coaster will have seatbelts or just clamshells. Do the other Giga's have seatbelts added too. I've never ridden one

• Like 1

I guess I'm the sole enthusiast on the planet that could care less about stats.  MT is my no 2 wooden coaster (The Beast gets the top spot for nostalgic reasons alone, it was my first coaster.)  We all can agree that the stats for Mystic are less than exciting.  Still an amazing ride.  

When CP opened Mean Streak, it was the tallest, fastest wooden coaster on the planet.  No where near the ride that Mystic is.

So bigger isn't always better.  This could quite possibly be the best steel coaster on the planet.  We won't know untill we ride it.  

I will still purchase passes next year.  I will still visit the park. I will be in line for the opening of this coaster.  If it sucks, probably won't ride again. Just won't know till I pull down the restraint and physically ride.  No announcement,  POV or stat sheet will sway me one way or the other untill then

Sorry for the long post. Lol

• Like 10
  • Thanks 2

11 minutes ago, LintemuthStudios said:

As someone who lives in the Orlando area and goes to those theme parks often, I actually prefer KI over them in most departments. Last time I went to KI (and the only time I went there) was right after Banshee opened, so maybe things have changed since, I don't know. But last time I went to KI I found the services, rides, and food to be excellent. The only thing that was disappointing is that the lines for the rides were somehow longer than the lines I encountered at BGT and Universal.

It's smaller things that have just piled up. Every food service we've been to has always been a 20+ minute wait, with lines spilling out onto the midway. And usually only one side operating. Our first visit, passes got us into the park, meal and drink plan didnt work. Second visit, our passes wouldn't work at parking toll booth. Luckily an associate let us through after seeing that we had the pass on the app. Once through security, 2 supervisors told us to go to guest services. After waiting 15 minutes, the rep told us they don't do that there and to go to the ticket booths for our situation. Then there are the lockers, Disney doesnt have the issue due to the lacknof extreme rides, but even universal offers free lockers for those waiting in line. KI strictly enforces no bags on certain rides, and unless you have someone not riding you're forced into purchasing a locker. Never ran into any of these issues at WDW or USO.

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, Melody said:

You're right I guess I was confused how Diamondback added the seatbelts too later on. I wonder if this coaster will have seatbelts or just clamshells. Do the other Giga's have seatbelts added too. I've never ridden one

I think anyway, Cedar Fair is putting belts on all of it's coasters now regardless of if it needs them or not.

• Like 3

15 hours ago, SonofBaconator said:

The architecture of this station, by the looks of it, resembles the exterior of Flight of Fear to a degree.

That was my thought also, Will probably have the same grey, white, and blue color theme. They just painted that building across from FOF the same. A coaster with white track, grey supports, and blue trains maybe.. That would look quite good I think.  And tie into blue racer right next door also

Has anyone done any figuring yet to see if the track piece numbers on the plan match up with anything seen at Clermont Steel? 

• Like 2

I like many others find it crazy they didn't just go a few feet taller to break a world record. Plenty of space and already spending plenty of money I'm sure. Or at least something new like the first giga with a loop or inversion. That being said the only 2 B&Ms I have been on are Diamondback and Banshee and I love them both so I'm sure I will love this one too! I'm still very excited and can't wait to ride my first giga coaster!

• Like 7

• malem locked this topic