Decoding 2020

fryoj

@Reesesp56 I’m not sure if you’re aware but we’re on a Kings Island forum, not Disney or Universal. Would you like to pay Universal and Disney prices for your pass to Kings Island? I’m good. I have an annual pass to Universal. Cost me $380. KI cost me $115. There is a trade off there. You’re not going to get the best service at a seasonal park that has seasonal employees. 

Also, you seem to have a lot of issues when you go to the park that no one else seems to have. I’ve gone 4 times this season, haven’t had a single problem that you’ve had. *shrug*

• Like 9

6 hours ago, Ben43065 said:

That’s another thing that’s confused me, this rollercoaster seems to block off so much potential land for expansion, yes they could build over / under it but that seems kind of doubtful.

Exact reason I said before that I was shocked they didn't put the lift hill/station over by old SoB. Would have also put the giant lift hill closer to the front of the park.

• Like 3

Exact reason I said before that I was shocked they didn't put the lift hill/station over by old SoB. Would have also put the giant lift hill closer to the front of the park.

It doesn’t block off a lot of land tho, if you’ve ever been to Cedar Point, you’ll see plenty of walkways go under coasters

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  • Like 5

3 hours ago, Logan said:

Lol way to be grateful

Lol, be grateful for what? This isnt a gift. It was a chance to build something amazing, and from these plans they cheaped out. it's not a true giga if it doesnt even have a 300ft lift. I live in Cincy and go to KI maybe once a year. I go to Cedar Point 4/5 times a year because the park and rides are amazing.  For now I'm sticking with calling it a kmart coaster, let them prove me wrong.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Sorner said:

@Reesesp56 I’m not sure if you’re aware but we’re on a Kings Island forum, not Disney or Universal. Would you like to pay Universal and Disney prices for your pass to Kings Island? I’m good. I have an annual pass to Universal. Cost me $380. KI cost me $115. There is a trade off there. You’re not going to get the best service at a seasonal park that has seasonal employees. 

Also, you seem to have a lot of issues when you go to the park that no one else seems to have. I’ve gone 4 times this season, haven’t had a single problem that you’ve had. *shrug*

Im very much aware of what site this is. I know I'm not the only one that had these issues, as literally everyone in front of us had some type of issue going on with their passes at guest services. *shrug*

And I'd gladly pay a higher premium if that meant the park could staff appropriately and get their sh*t together with food service and not trap you into purchasing lockers. That is the exact reason I'm an AP at WDW. I dont expect Disney service, BUT the service that I have received so far isn't worth the $115. I might have a different tune come the Fall, who knows. 

Back on the subject, again I'll 100% ride this thing next year, just maybe sans a gold pass.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

18 minutes ago, jcovelli said:

Has anyone done any figuring yet to see if the track piece numbers on the plan match up with anything seen at Clermont Steel? 

I did that went the first blueprints of the foundations were found. The track in the lot for Project MCT matched perfectly with the footer labels, and still match perfectly today. Project MCT is our coaster.

• Like 8

Also this makes me think even more there's gotta be something already in the works for the land over where SOB was within the next 5 years or so. RMC most likely. Why else wouldn't they use more space that they already have?

Plus that would be enough time to not compete with Steel Vengeance too...

• Like 8

@Reesesp56 Clearly not because you only want to compare Kings Island to Walt Disney World. Bit unfair, don’t you think? You seem to have come to a decoding thread to complain about food service and other park issues. There are separate threads for that. Obviously you have an issue with park operations, and you can talk with your money. Don’t renew.

• Like 4

Just now, FUN&ONLY! said:

I still want to know what color our giga coaster is going to be... I hope it is not grey!

I am all for the blue color track and black or grey supports. I think that was the colors used in the animation a user made recently and I think it looked awesome. 

• Like 2

I definitely get the disappointment here. I don't think when this all started anyone expected this to come in almost 40 feet shorter than Fury. Part of the experience with a ride like Fury is seeing it for the first time, towering over everything, knowing it is without a doubt the "big one". It's unfortunate that being located at the very back of the park, and close to WindSeeker this really won't look very impressive.

The 301 foot drop is good enough. 19 feet shorter than Fury, and it will be hard to tell a difference. Could they have stuck a couple more camel backs on the end to match the length? Sure, but those final two humps aren't what make Fury fun anyway. The elements of this ride look really solid, and it should provide a unique experience. 2030 giga anyone?

• Like 10

9 minutes ago, Melody said:

Also this makes me think even more there's gotta be something already in the works for the land over where SOB was within the next 5 years or so. RMC most likely. Why else wouldn't they use more space that they already have?

Plus that would be enough time to not compete with Steel Vengeance too...

I feel like if Kings Island gets an RMC, it's going to be a T-Rex. KI already has the most wooden coaster track in the world. and if they do a wood or hybrid and it doesn't live up to the same standard as SV.. this forum would literally explode lol.  4-5 years from now would be about the time RMC would be wanting to mass roll out the T-REX also. 

• Like 4

I feel like if Kings Island gets an RMC, it's going to be a T-Rex. KI already has the most wooden coaster track in the world. and if they do a wood or hybrid and it doesn't live up to the same standard as SV.. this forum would literally explode lol.  4-5 years from now would be about the time RMC would be wanting to mass roll out the T-REX also. 

I actually don't know what that is. I must go Google now haha

• Like 1

1 minute ago, jcovelli said:

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Sorner said:

@Reesesp56 Clearly not because you only want to compare Kings Island to Walt Disney World. Bit unfair, don’t you think? You seem to have come to a decoding thread to complain about food service and other park issues. There are separate threads for that. Obviously you have an issue with park operations, and you can talk with your money. Don’t renew.

Im decoding someone here is trying to play moderator.... I was simply responding to someone who stated everyone is being entitled and how we should be grateful for anything CF does for the park. I was giving my experience about CF and KI not providing a "value".... that ok there bud? 

• Like 4
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, sixohdieselrage said:

I think we made an OOPS guys... FoF and *Project X* coaster queues will NOT be next to each other. Looks like the old Firehawk photo will be the entry to the *Project X* coaster, and the exit will be right next to FoF's queue. 

20190522_181345.jpg

If someone has pointed this out before, forgive me.

Yeah I noted a few pages back, but any discussion about the actual ride and various interesting elements have been lost in all this non-decoding crap discussion.

Maybe we should make a different thread about "your disappointment", "you shouldn't feel entitled", "Cedar Fair will never upstage Cedar Point at KI", "KI is going downhill", "KI is no longer worth my money" that this thread is devolving into...

I'd like to discuss with people who want to geek out on the fine details in the plans. Maybe I'll stop back tomorrow when things die down.

• Like 12

3 minutes ago, Reesesp56 said:

Im decoding someone here is trying to play moderator.... I was simply responding to someone who stated everyone is being entitled and how we should be grateful for anything CF does for the park. I was giving my experience about CF and KI not providing a "value".... that ok there bud? 

Yes sir!! Thank you. 

^ talking about the queue, I am surprised to see that there is no gift shop exit. I wonder if they will have a stand selling merch and other related items somewhere by the exit. 

• Like 6

From these blueprints can anyone tell there's
def no possibility of any type of launch up the lift hill? I'm assuming there's not but think that would be a cool new element if that's even something that's possible?

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, Maddog said:

Yeah I noted a few pages back, but any discussion about the actual ride and various interesting elements have been lost in all this non-decoding crap discussion.

Maybe we should make a different thread about "your disappointment", "you shouldn't feel entitled", "Cedar Fair will never upstage Cedar Point at KI", "KI is going downhill", "KI is no longer worth my money" that this thread is devolving into...

I'd like to discuss with people who want to geek out on the fine details in the plans. Maybe I'll stop back tomorrow when things die down.

I assume that new compressor building is to solely power the one single trim brake before the helix?..  

• Like 4

28 minutes ago, Legion_SS said:

For now I'm sticking with calling it a kmart coaster, let them prove me wrong.

I'd go with "The Blue Light Special" instead.  Still has the biting enmity of a kmart reference, but more subtle and only old people will get it.  :D

• Like 4
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, jcovelli said:

I assume that new compressor building is to solely power the one single trim brake before the helix?..  

It looks that way, as it is quite a distance from the main station, and I'd imagine there's a compressor in the downstairs rooms shown on the station plans.

• Like 3

I'd go with "The Blue Light Special" instead.  Still has the biting enmity of a kmart reference, but more subtle and only old people will get it. 
I dont consider myself too old I'm only 20 and I understand that reference

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

• Like 3

1 minute ago, Melody said:

From these blueprints can anyone tell there's
def no possibility of any type of launch up the lift hill? I'm assuming there's not but think that would be a cool new element if that's even something that's possible?

I was trying to figure out if it's a chain lift or cable lift. My guess is chain just to keep it simple. I happen to think all new steel coasters should have a cable lift.. why not? And yes launched lift hills are possible, Lightning Rod and Maverick have them, as well as a few others across the pond.. 

• Like 3

• malem locked this topic