Decoding 2020

fryoj

Welp I guess we about to see a Theme Giga. I think?

I seen several people saying airplane or hanger theme (which has already been done w Top Gun and Firehawk). But what if it's a space shuttle / NASA theme? "Reach for the stars" / "constellation". Fits in with Orion or Polaris too!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  • Like 3

3 minutes ago, Melody said:

From these blueprints can anyone tell there's
def no possibility of any type of launch up the lift hill? I'm assuming there's not but think that would be a cool new element if that's even something that's possible?

I'd say possibility of 0%. Electrical plans show circuitry for your typical chain lift design.

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, Melody said:

def no possibility of any type of launch up the lift hill? I'm assuming there's not but think that would be a cool new element if that's even something that's possible?

As far as I can tell, the only new element incorporated into this coaster will be the turnaround. Whether that is a reverse treble clef or some sort of non-inverting dive loop remains to be seen.

• Like 3

28 minutes ago, FUN&ONLY! said:

I still want to know what color our giga coaster is going to be... I hope it is not grey!

I would be OK with grey track, as long as it has blue supports. See the color scheme Afterburn @ Carowinds has (I like this paint job):

Afterburn_overview.jpg

(Image From Wikipedia)

I would probably still prefer the reverse (Blue Track and Silver Supports) though.

Also, dang I missed a LOT today. I guess that "leaked" layout was legit, which matches the clearing and everything. While the stats could be better, I feel I have ridden enough coasters already to realize stats are not everything (Mystic Timbers is awesome, and it didn't break a single record. Neither did Maverick.). And a 301-foot drop just barley beats out Millennium Force, which is a whopper of a drop anyhow, and while this coaster isn't going to be as long as Millennium Force, the elements are probably gonna be much better (Millennium Force is basically 90% overbanked turns with 2 giant airtime hills that give OK-to-good airtime and then 1 awesome speed ejector airtime hill) while this coaster is probably gonna have a much more feature-packed layout (with various overbanked airtime hills and such). Even if it just evens out and we get a coaster that is as good as Millennium Force, that is still one heck of a addition to KI's lineup (and could still be the best ride in the park). And the 3rd major ground-up coaster added in just 6 years. Very few parks can make the same claim: Cedar Point itself can only claim that if you count Steel Vengeance, which was not fully ground-up (but did cost a lot I have heard).

• Like 12
  • Thanks 1

Just now, JubJester said:

I just see the back of them.

I've definitely seen a side view of them, though I don't recall where. They are regular B&M giga trains that you find on Fury and Leviathan.

• Like 5

3 minutes ago, Logan said:

I've definitely seen a side view of them, though I don't recall where. They are regular B&M giga trains that you find on Fury and Leviathan.

Is it a possibility they've created a new train? Floorless would add even more intrigue with this ride.

• Like 3

12 minutes ago, Melody said:

Yes. One pages specifically mentions the "lube" system for the chain. 

• Like 4

3 minutes ago, JubJester said:

Is it a possibility they've created a new train? Floorless would add even more intrigue with this ride.

New trains have to go through more testing than new track design.. It takes years to get new trains up and running. I keep mentioning RMC Trex, and one of the reasons there isn't one yet is because they're still developing the trains.. it's been 4 years now. 

• Like 5

2 minutes ago, JubJester said:

I mean I guess technically it’s a possibility but I definitely would not entertain that idea

There’s almost zero chance the train is floorless

• Like 5

I don't understand why everyone is underwhelmed by stats. We could have an intense ride (see I-305) with B&M reliability. If Steel Vengeance wasn't to our north, people would probably consider something like what I mentioned above the best thing since sliced bread.

• Like 10

A giga is still a giga is still a giga. A lot of these comments are like if somebody is dating a supermodel, but they keep complaining that they would prefer the brunette supermodel over the blonde. It's still a supermodel people. Some of you act like it's Roseanne Barr here.:lol:

• Like 7
  • Haha 5

1 minute ago, ldhudsonjr said:

Or just don't bring a backpack and a phone in the park with you? You can leave them in the car...

I facepalm every time I see a family of 4, each person with a backpack, woman with huge purses.. and then they get mad they can't bring them to the station. I can go all day there with just my phone and wallet. Why bring all that extra junk. Topic for a new thread maybe.

• Like 7

3 minutes ago, starlitfire said:

I don't understand why everyone is underwhelmed by stats. We could have an intense ride (see I-305) with B&M reliability. If Steel Vengeance wasn't to our north, people would probably consider something like what I mentioned above the best thing since sliced bread.

Exactly what I've been saying all along. This ride is going to kick ass.

• Like 8

4 minutes ago, jcovelli said:

I facepalm every time I see a family of 4, each person with a backpack, woman with huge purses.. and then they get mad they can't bring them to the station. I can go all day there with just my phone and wallet. Why bring all that extra junk. Topic for a new thread maybe.

Back in 2017, I tagged along with a group who came from my former town in Indiana. Two people in the group brought these large backpacks and we had to get two lockers at Mystic Timbers for that. 

• Like 4

4 hours ago, BSBMX said:

Kentucky Kingdom is literally across the highway from Louisville's airport, and one portion of the park had a 200' max build height. The closest airport to KI is about 11 miles away, so if they have a max build height, it's either way more then 325'ish, or dictated by something else other than the airport. 

I doubt there is a max build under the ET height. I've actually heard the max build height because of the Airport (unless height increase is requested to FAA) is 399'. Don't know how true that is but i've heard that from multiple credible sources over the years.  To me, this will be a hyper coaster with a giga drop into a ravine. Some people on this site are delusional and will choose to defend CF at all costs by blaming other reasons as to why CF continues to snub KI of its record breaker. To me, it's obvious. CP is always going to get the best coasters. Period. Let's not forget that we lost Firehawk to get this coaster next year, too. So, that takes away from it even more. Wanna guess what CP's 2021 coaster will be? I'm thinking B&M flyer. Firehawk being removed was more strategic than just to free up room for another coaster, it was also so CP will have the only flying coaster in the midwest, plus of course it will be the highest and fastest and longest. Think I'm wrong? Could be. Let's wait and see. 

• Like 5

32 minutes ago, Sorner said:

talking about the queue, I am surprised to see that there is no gift shop exit. 

They removed the gift shop from Banshee and Mystic Timbers doesn't have one. With a lot of the same merchandise being offered at other gift shops in the park and the necessity of employees to man the shop (in addition to having one at the ride photos kiosk), I wonder if they are doing away with that altogether.

Although, correct me if I am wrong, but Coney Mall doesn't have a basic gift shop at the moment apart from Coney Confections, which mostly only sells candy, right?

• Like 3

11 minutes ago, Logan said:

Exactly what I've been saying all along. This ride is going to kick ass.

I can think of one reason why half of the park's attendees would want to bring a bag in during a certain period of the month...

Oops wrong quote. While im here, any update to a NL recreation with today's info?

• Like 3

1 minute ago, kirbias1 said:

Wanna guess what CP's 2021 coaster will be? I'm thinking B&M flyer. Firehawk being removed was more strategic than just to free up room for another coaster, it was also so CP will have the only flying coaster in the midwest, plus of course it will be the highest and fastest and longest. Think I'm wrong? Could be. Let's wait and see. 

I often thought the same thing, maybe create a thread around it to discuss further

• Like 4

6 minutes ago, Joshua said:

They removed the gift shop from Banshee and Mystic Timbers doesn't have one. With a lot of the same merchandise being offered at other gift shops in the park and the necessity of employees to man the shop (in addition to having one at the ride photos kiosk), I wonder if they are doing away with that.

Although, correct me if I am wrong, but Coney Mall doesn't have a basic gift shop at the moment apart from Coney Confections, which mostly only sells candy, right?

The attendants at Banshees gift shop never paid attention to the store and along with all the people standing around looking at the pics.. I thought multiple times about how easy it would be for someone to walk out of there with a free shirt. 

• Like 4

16 minutes ago, kirbias1 said:

I doubt there is a max build under the ET height. I've actually heard the max build height because of the Airport (unless height increase is requested to FAA) is 399'. Don't know how true that is but i've heard that from multiple credible sources over the years.  To me, this will be a hyper coaster with a giga drop into a ravine. Some people on this site are delusional and will choose to defend CF at all costs by blaming other reasons as to why CF continues to snub KI of its record breaker. To me, it's obvious. CP is always going to get the best coasters. Period. Let's not forget that we lost Firehawk to get this coaster next year, too. So, that takes away from it even more. Wanna guess what CP's 2021 coaster will be? I'm thinking B&M flyer. Firehawk being removed was more strategic than just to free up room for another coaster, it was also so CP will have the only flying coaster in the midwest, plus of course it will be the highest and fastest and longest. Think I'm wrong? Could be. Let's wait and see. 

I think Cedar Point will get a GCI or Gravity Group woodie next on Millennium Island, but we will see.

• Like 5

I like the “reach” zone is laid out in this

My opinion, this maybe stadium seating like DB. Doesn’t seem to have the traditional “car” type seating. Plus you can’t quite tell where the seats are located on each car. Looks kind of like an open concept seating like DB. Just my opinion.

• Like 4

For the people complaining about the layout, it seems to me that it's more of a complaint about the length of the layout, not the layout itself.

In terms of height, I would rather the ride be 286 feet and drop 301 than be 301 and drop 286.

Having ridden Fury, I think this turn around can be really awesome, especially given how it appears to be over 90*.  The Shambrahala helix looks pretty interesting.  I also like that this ride has no MCBR.

Am I disappointed that it's not a record breaker?  Sure.  Records get broken though.  

If you would have asked me 15 years ago if I ever thought Kings Island would have any rollercoasters on par with what's at Cedar Point, I would have laughed.  Maybe a lot of you were too young then, who knows.  I would urge all of you to relax your disappointment until after you saw the ride video and what all Kings Island has in store for this ride and possibly Flight of Fear.

• Like 8
  • Thanks 4

• malem locked this topic