Decoding 2020

fryoj

2 minutes ago, JbGbat7 said:

My opinion, this maybe stadium seating like DB. Doesn’t seem to have the traditional “car” type seating. Plus you can’t quite tell where the seats are located on each car. Looks kind of like an open concept seating like DB. Just my opinion.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

It's gonna be 4 seats across per row with 8 rows per train, just like Fury 325.
spacer.png

• Like 6

2 hours ago, sixohdieselrage said:

I think we made an OOPS guys... FoF and *Project X* coaster queues will NOT be next to each other. Looks like the old Firehawk photo will be the entry to the *Project X* coaster, and the exit will be right next to FoF's queue. 

If someone has pointed this out before, forgive me.

That was brought up from the leaked layout. It didn't get much talk though as people were too busy trying to say it was fake. 

1 hour ago, THE_BEASTmaster said:

And to add to JubJester’s comment, we don’t even have the official stats of the ride! We’re just all guessing still. Let’s wait and see what this coaster is stat-wise from park before we get our underwear in a wad!

Except we have the official height of all of the hills and valleys. These are engineered blueprints. They are more accurate than any spin the park puts on them. 

1 hour ago, jcovelli said:

Has anyone done any figuring yet to see if the track piece numbers on the plan match up with anything seen at Clermont Steel? 

Yeah, we had that from the lift blue prints. The track from the start of the brake run (ST1) to the station and base of the lift(ST9) including the transfer track is accounted for. MCT is KI's.

1 hour ago, Sorner said:

@Reesesp56 I’m not sure if you’re aware but we’re on a Kings Island forum, not Disney or Universal. Would you like to pay Universal and Disney prices for your pass to Kings Island? I’m good. I have an annual pass to Universal. Cost me $380. KI cost me $115. There is a trade off there. You’re not going to get the best service at a seasonal park that has seasonal employees. 

Also, you seem to have a lot of issues when you go to the park that no one else seems to have. I’ve gone 4 times this season, haven’t had a single problem that you’ve had. *shrug*

Universal is full year park and includes 2 parks. Even at 3 times the price it's a bargain. 

1 hour ago, Melody said:

Also this makes me think even more there's gotta be something already in the works for the land over where SOB was within the next 5 years or so. RMC most likely. Why else wouldn't they use more space that they already have?

Plus that would be enough time to not compete with Steel Vengeance too...

Except it'll probably be an inferior RMC to SV. 

45 minutes ago, JubJester said:

Is the posssiblilty of this being a floorless coaster still in play?

Edit: I'd think that would add even more to this ride.

No. The station prints would show the hydraulic floors. 

30 minutes ago, presto123 said:

A giga is still a giga is still a giga. A lot of these comments are like if somebody is dating a supermodel, but they keep complaining that they would prefer the brunette supermodel over the blonde. It's still a supermodel people. Some of you act like it's Roseanne Barr here.:lol:

So is a 286 ft tall coaster a giga? 

• Like 5

5 minutes ago, JbGbat7 said:

My opinion, this maybe stadium seating like DB. Doesn’t seem to have the traditional “car” type seating. Plus you can’t quite tell where the seats are located on each car. Looks kind of like an open concept seating like DB. Just my opinion.

It's been discussed that the station length is probably too short for stadium style seating.

• Like 6

3 minutes ago, fryoj said:

That was brought up from the leaked layout. It didn't get much talk though as people were too busy trying to say it was fake. 

Except we have the official height of all of the hills and valleys. These are engineered blueprints. They are more accurate than any spin the park puts on them. 

Yeah, we had that from the lift blue prints. The track from the start of the brake run (ST1) to the station and base of the lift(ST9) including the transfer track is accounted for. MCT is KI's.

Universal is full year park and includes 2 parks. Even at 3 times the price it's a bargain. 

Except it'll probably be an inferior RMC to SV. 

No. The station prints would show the hydraulic floors. 

If the drop is over 300, it is in my book.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

Would love to reply Fryoj but there’s one million replies in your posts haha. 

I would definitely say it’s going to be 4 across seating like Fury, but those plans don’t tell us if they will be or not. Unless someone can point out something that tells us it will be 4 across?

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

2 minutes ago, fryoj said:

I've always gone by a qualifying height OR drop length for determining hypers, especially when a drop reaches the threshold. I don't see why we shouldn't be calling our coaster with a 301 ft drop a giga.

Granted, I also thought that this method was the norm, but who knows.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, fryoj said:

I consider it a giga if either the drop or height is above 300' and the other is within 10% of 300 feet. For example, Apollo's Chariot is a hyper but Lightning Rod is not becauase the drop is 165'.

• Like 5

6 minutes ago, Sorner said:

I would definitely say it’s going to be 4 across seating like Fury, but those plans don’t tell us if they will be or not. Unless someone can point out something that tells us it will be 4 across?

Some of the zoomed in, detailed blueprints of the station and queue area show 8 lines and gates in the loading station. 

EDIT: Credit to @Banding Banshee

spacer.png

• Like 4

1 minute ago, pkiknex25 said:

I've always gone by a qualifying height OR drop length for determining hypers, especially when a drop reaches the threshold. I don't see why we shouldn't be calling our coaster with a 301 ft drop a giga.

Granted, I also thought that this method was the norm, but who knows.

Yeah the drop on this coaster will be longer than that of half the other North American gigas.

• Like 4

Darn i pick today to switch phone carriers and get a bum phone and have missed everything! Im not disappointed in the least, i love my home park. I used to say that Cedar Point was the only park because they do have cool cossters but hands down the employees and atmosphere at KI is bettwr than CP any day. I am so thankful for how wonderful KI employees are in helping me have a fantastic day even with my limitations. I have no doubt however this coaster comes out it will be awesome.

• Like 11

To me, height is very simple.  At it's tallest point, measure from the top of the rail vertically down to grade.  That is the height of the coaster for the sake of categorization.  I'm acrophobic, though, so all I care about is how close I am to the ground.  :P

• Like 4

2 minutes ago, Logan said:

I consider it a giga if either the drop or height is above 300' and the other is within 10% of 300 feet. For example, Apollo's Chariot is a hyper but Lightning Rod is not becauase the drop is 165'.

my thoughts are very similar 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, bacontwins31 said:

again Apollo's Chariot is a perfect example of this, a roller coaster that is not Hyper height but is a hyper because of its drop

Yeah and two more. Magnum would be a hyper even though the drop is 195 feet and Goliath at SFOG is not a hyper because the drop is only 175 feet.

• Like 5

I've spent a lot of time stalking this thread but this is my first comment so I apologize if it's an ignorant question lol. I seen mentioning that Fury's released blueprints were different than the actual ride. I didn't follow the Fury build so I have no idea if that's true. With that being said, can possible changes be made to this layout? Maybe CF comes to their senses and makes the lift hill a bit taller?

• Like 5

Wow! A lot to catch up on....

First, off, the legit blueprints: I'll admit, I was a bit disappointed to see that the actual track layout matched up with the "leak" due to the "short" track length. Then, someone mentioned the possible theming and I got really excited; also, this thing is gonna haul and I'm excited for the pure speed as that's one of the best parts about Millennium Force (the only other Giga I've ridden). And from the looks of it, it could have some pretty cool unique turn-based elements. Basically, as long as the theming and overall ride experience is done right, I think this coaster should be pretty awesome and I'll be a happy camper. That being said, I really hope we get the 4-across trains like the other B&M Gigas.

Second, speaking of B&M, the only outright garbage coaster I've ridden by them is Iron Wolf and to be fair, that was their first coaster, and they've come a looong way since then.

Third, yes I am one of those people who rides Valravn at The Point, thank you very much! I also like Steel Vengeance, Wicked Twister, Maverick and Rougarou (Millennium Force and TTD are up there as well).

Finally, another possible speculation topic... what do we think the announcement video will be like? I mean, personally I'm all hyped up for a fast, fun ride, but I suppose there could always be more hype (well, let's not forget the shed overhype lol)...

EDIT: Remember this...

Also, this could be split into another thread, but... what was the hype like for Millennium Force around this time? Curious to know what they were thinking back in the day.

• Like 7

Yeah I agree with what you've said. This looks to be the layout and intensity of an Intamin paired with the reliability and comfort of a B&M. That to me makes it a winner in my book. It doesn't matter whether or not the lift hill makes it over the arbitrary 300' figure. The drop is longer than 2 of the 4 extant North American gigas and that alone should be exciting. And there's no MCBR so the intensity should be there throughout.

• Like 11

I could see them making a tunnel that looks like the one from Goliath( Magic Mountain) but with small LED's that look like stars to fit the theme. A tunnel will also be how the ride hits its 301 ft drop.     

(the plans show somewhat of a tunnel)

• Like 5

13 minutes ago, bacontwins31 said:

correct me if in wrong but doesn't the classification for a Giga work both ways (Height and or drop)  

Giga is really a made up term. There are no rules or official board to enforce it. B&M just calls them Mega Coaster. Intamin lumps them all into a Mega/Giga category. The rules are vague cause there are no rules. 

6 minutes ago, Nonamekate said:

I've spent a lot of time stalking this thread but this is my first comment so I apologize if it's an ignorant question lol. I seen mentioning that Fury's released blueprints were different than the actual ride. I didn't follow the Fury build so I have no idea if that's true. With that being said, can possible changes be made to this layout? Maybe CF comes to their senses and makes the lift hill a bit taller?

They don't make changes this late in the process. These are highly engineered plans that have probably been in the process for years. You don't just call B&M up and say yeah, that $30 million ride we asked you to build, you submitted plans to the city for, and they are already building track for? Can we make it taller and longer? Oh, $30 million more and 2 more years? Nevermind. 

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, bacontwins31 said:

I could see them making a tunnel that looks like the one from Goliath( Magic Mountain) but with small LED's that look like stars to fit the theme. A tunnel will also be how the ride hits its 301 ft drop.      

I think a tunnel would be on the plans...

• Like 5

3 hours ago, homestar92 said:

Lol, where did he get the 305 foot drop from? I saw one post here that initially speculated 330 and was corrected and then since then the consensus has been 301. I don't think I've seen anyone on this forum give 305 as their estimate.

Sorry for the late reply, Just got out of a midweek church service! But he probably saw this! Lol

AD86CA76-F24B-456E-A475-360FDE94931D.png

(Layout image outdated)

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

32 minutes ago, Sorner said:

if I'm not mistaken, DB second row seats are inset from the first row a bit. from the rear this would look the outer seats overlapping the inner seats a bit. 

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, BSBMX said:

Yep, 286' lift height (per footings coordinates and today's blueprints) with a 301' drop (per today's blueprints). 

It all depends on the datum that the park sets as the zero height. I have reason to believe that the 0 height will be set at the base of the station. If this is indeed the case, as measuring from the map, the coaster will have a height of 300-305 ft and a drop of about 301 ft. REGARDLESS, they will market it as a giga, because it is a giga. 

• Like 10

• malem locked this topic