Decoding 2020

fryoj

1 minute ago, BavarianBeatle said:

Having ridden 30 or so of B&M's snoozers, I have come to expect nothing from them, yet I still feel let down.   

Agreed, I just wish CF didn't have such a love affair with B&M.

But they're so reliable!

Too bad Intamin screwed up Shoot the Rapids so badly.

• Like 2

It all depends on the datum that the park sets as the zero height. I have reason to believe that the 0 height will be set at the base of the station. If this is indeed the case, as measuring from the map, the coaster will have a height of 300-305 ft and a drop of about 301 ft. REGARDLESS, they will market it as a giga, because it is a giga. 

Exactly! Try measuring from the station height instead of from the footings. The station looks to be 18ft off the ground add that to your 286 height you guys came up with and you get a 304ft lift hill.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  • Like 10

10 minutes ago, BavarianBeatle said:

Having ridden 30 or so of B&M's snoozers, I have come to expect nothing from them, yet I still feel let down.   

B&M has probably more coasters in Golden Ticket top 10 than any other manufacturer. Like music, coasters are subjective.

• Like 7
  • Thanks 1

19 minutes ago, DustinTheNow said:

It all depends on the datum that the park sets as the zero height. I have reason to believe that the 0 height will be set at the base of the station. If this is indeed the case, as measuring from the map, the coaster will have a height of 300-305 ft and a drop of about 301 ft. REGARDLESS, they will market it as a giga, because it is a giga. 

4 minutes ago, THE_BEASTmaster said:

Exactly! Try measuring from the station height instead of from the footings. The station looks to be 18ft off the ground add that to your 286 height you guys came up with and you get a 304ft lift hill.

The ground at the station is 740 ft. Top of the lift is 1035. Still not getting to 300. 

• Like 4

1 minute ago, fryoj said:

The ground at the station is 740 ft. Top of the lift is 1035. Still not getting to 300. 

I bet the first drop will have mag brakes the whole way down and limit the drop to 10mph so it's not too much better than MF

Drive tires the rest of the way to complete the circuit

• Like 4
  • Haha 3

I bet the first drop will have mag brakes the whole way down and limit the drop to 10mph so it's not too much better than MF

Drive tires the rest of the way to complete the circuit
Why did I laugh so hard at this

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

• Like 3

18 minutes ago, BavarianBeatle said:

I know what you mean, but I think the reason why Cedar Fair loves working with B&M so much is because of three reasons:

1. B&M’s are not too intense, making them very re-rideable and GP magnets (the GP makes up almost all of Kings Island’s attendance)

2. B&M’s are always reliable and they can absolutely eat through heavy crowds

3. B&M’s just look so good... when the average guest walks into a park, and they see this towering roller coaster, they are automatically going to assume it is super fun and scary

I think when Cedar Fair approaches B&M to build a new ride, they want them to design it to appeal to the average guests, but I will say that when B&M has the opportunity to make something big... out comes a darn good ride!

• Like 8
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, KIGiga2019 said:

Sucks that KI is 20 years behind CP.  Magnum89/DB09, Raptor94/Banshee14, MF00/KIGiga20.  May have to wait 19 more years for an RMC like SV.

I don't think we'll get an RMC hybrid, but I could see us being one of the first parks to get a Trex. Or I could see a topper track wooden coaster like Outlaw Run. 

• Like 7

Sucks that KI is 20 years behind CP.  Magnum89/DB09, Raptor94/Banshee14, MF00/KIGiga20.  May have to wait 19 more years for an RMC like SV.

Wow that's crazy to think about

• Like 4

7 minutes ago, BoddaH1994 said:

So these heights we are talking... are they stated on the blueprints or are we still deriving them from the footers? 

Sorry, I stepped away from this thread for an hour and now I’m at least two seasons behind. :D

I'm pretty sure they were the heights listed on the blueprints found today. People subtracted the height of the ground (740ft maybe?) at the top of the lift hill from the height listed at the top of the lift hill.

I'm not explaining this well but to answer your question from numbers listed on the blueprints, people were able to get the height of the lift hill and the drop. 

• Like 6

3 minutes ago, sixohdieselrage said:

Uhh... the drop will be 300.9. Unless my calculator is wrong. So, longer drop than lift.. I'm ok with that.  

Screenshot_20190522-214932_Calculator.jpg

People in this thread actually about to debate the calculators accuracy based on only one decimal place being seen...  we don't know the full story yet.  Could be 300.91

• Like 4

7 minutes ago, BoddaH1994 said:

So these heights we are talking... are they stated on the blueprints or are we still deriving them from the footers? 

Sorry, I stepped away from this thread for an hour and now I’m at least two seasons behind. :D

There are height measurements on the blueprints.

https://imgur.com/gallery/evgVSOa

6 minutes ago, sixohdieselrage said:

Uhh... the drop will be 300.9. Unless my calculator is wrong. So, longer drop than lift.. I'm ok with that.  

@BoddaH1994 Elevations are stated on the blueprints. 

Thats the drop. We are talking about lift height. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Today's blueprints only completed the picture for height. You'll need to reference the last batch of blueprints (the concrete footing blueprints for the lift/station) to come up with ground-to-crest height while using the lift elevation (1035') from today's blueprints. That's where I was getting the 286' lift height. The 301' drop height completely came from today's blueprints. 

• Like 4

I was looking through the blueprints, and I was wondering why the new ride photo building, supposedly for the giga, looks to be way smaller than the current Firehawk ride photo building. You would think it would be much larger for such a coaster as the Firehawk ride photo building was maybe... average size...

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, JubJester said:

giphy (36).gif

Also, how tall do you guys think the station is from the ground to the track?

The prints today show the track and station floor to be right at 20' off the ground (760' in the elevation plans). 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

23 minutes ago, KI FANATIC 37 said:

I'm pretty sure they were the heights listed on the blueprints found today. People subtracted the height of the ground (740ft maybe?) at the top of the lift hill from the height listed at the top of the lift hill.

I'm not explaining this well but to answer your question from numbers listed on the blueprints, people were able to get the height of the lift hill and the drop. 

I may have missed something as fast as this is moving but, the 286'  was figured from the high spot of the lift to the station. Isn't the ground under that part of the lift lower than the station?

Guess I'm trying to ask if the 286 is from peak to station or peak to ground directly under peak?

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Jallie79 said:

I may have missed something as fast as this is moving but, the 286'  was figured from the high spot of the lift to the station. Isn't the ground under that part of the lift lower than the station?

Guess I'm trying to ask if the 286 is from peak to station or peak to ground directly under peak?

Yeah dont listen to me I'm not familar with how others got it. I was just answering Boddah's question!

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Jallie79 said:

Peak of crest to directly below crest. 

If we measure from peak of crest to ground at station, we get 295'. 

• Like 6

• malem locked this topic