2 minutes ago, Logan said:

Source for both of those?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1 minute ago, flightoffear1996 said:

Source?

Just now, Logan said:

Was it the Dippin’ Dots guy?

I wouldn't say this is credible coming from a user who can't even spell Cincinnati right

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

I haven't been up to the park yet this season, but if Field of Screams isn't still in its normal place with all the land clearing in that area, then that concrete pad in between FOF and Racer will more than likely be its new home.

Speaking of which, using the old Firehawk queue as an extension for FOF is a good idea come next Haunt season, as the crowds having to contend with two coasters and a Haunt maze accessible through a single cul-de-sac will be terrible (potentially two mazes if Field's relocation needs to be accessed through X-Base).

EDIT: Chaos shouldn't be affected too much, if at all, by any construction for Project X; it's far enough away to remain open.

Edited by RingMaster
  • Like 5

5 minutes ago, Diamondbackfanatic said:

read through........a lot of people think they will start soon.  but who knows......with recent rides they have already been started by this point. 

Hopefully they hold off till next year, save up an extra five million, and make it a record breaker. 

• Like 1

Hopefully they hold off till next year, save up an extra five million, and make it a record breaker. 

The ride is probably already being manufactured at CSF as we speak. It’s a little too late to change anything now. That’s like telling the cook at a restaurant after he made your order that you decided to change it entirely! How do you think he’ll react?

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, Cincinatired said:

they are supposed to announce this weekend

also i heard the action fx theater is going to reopen next year

There may be some validity to this. If you look at the "leaked" layout, there are a few red lines near the FOF/Firehawk queues where they're getting a bit reworked to combine the two queues, and lots of red lines at the new coaster's queue line. If you look at the theater, there are some similar red lines in the northern side of the theater. This may mean nothing, or it may mean red lines signify paths/walkways/etc. that are getting work done.

The below is my fixed image of the leaked layout, where I properly scaled both images of the leak and stitched them together. Note that everything at the seam now lines up correctly. The previous, reddit-shared image (where the two images did not properly line up) had the entire right image (and thus that portion of the coaster) scaled down by ~10%, but I have fixed that in the below. I figured this updated leaked image was worthless after yesterday's blueprints, but this still may shed a bit of light on things!

KI layout fixed.PNG

• Like 5

7 minutes ago, Kings Island lover said:

Is project x the name of the coaster

In all likelihood, the ride design was being worked on before the marketing and PR teams had all of their plans finalized, so it was designed (and had zoning and permits filed) using a temporary and generic name.

All of those details are probably known to the park now, but may not have been when those permits were filed. And even if they were known, there's no good reason to put them on the permits. The city doesn't need to know that information and putting it on there just means it will be known as soon as the permits become available as public record.

• Like 3

There is a full time park employee taking some executives or something around the park. I saw them near FOF and Congo Falls today (5-23-19). They’ve been roaming since I got here an hour ago...wonder if they are here about 2020 projects...

9A05CE88-60E5-4175-B77B-3EC0AC7DAE23.jpeg

• Like 5

3 minutes ago, LondonFreak said:

There is a full time park employee taking some executives or something around the park. I saw them near FOF and Congo Falls today (5-23-19). They’ve been roaming since I got here an hour ago...wonder if they are here about 2020 projects...

9A05CE88-60E5-4175-B77B-3EC0AC7DAE23.jpeg

Kinda interesting if they are walking around Congo Falls as well. There are rumors that both Congo and Invertigo will be removed in the next few years. I could see those two being the next on the chopping block and it could be where our next coaster is going (after 2020). But it could be nothing (like the whole RMC spotted at KI rumors from last summer). 

• Like 6

Can you be a little more organized with your posting? Each sentence doesn't need its own post. Also - not sure what Invertigo has anything to do with the 2020 coaster.

That was a completely separate reply to the post directly above it. In this case, separate posts were necessary as they were in response to different things. Also, read the post above the one about Invertigos trains to see why they were mentioned.

If you would like to police, please make sure what you are saying makes sense and is correct first

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2

1 minute ago, Kings Island lover said:

What's the new pad for

I read someone's post a while back and they said that the crypt may be returning 

Is that true 

No one is too much sure just yet what the pad is for. There is thought that possibly may be a new haunt. 

I've not heard anything about Crypt returning. So far that building is a seasonal use building that will be used for Haunt. 

• Like 3

The queue situation will be interesting. I'm actually looking at those plans, and trying to decide if they are taking out part of the outdoor queue area from FOF to make more room in X Base, and possibly this is why the old Firehawk queue is being used for FOF now. It's really tough to decipher on the plans (mainly because it's been 20 years since I've look at working drawings) 

• Like 3

• malem locked this topic