Decoding 2020

fryoj

11 minutes ago, DiamondBanshee said:

That was a completely separate reply to the post directly above it. In this case, separate posts were necessary as they were in response to different things. Also, read the post above the one about Invertigos trains to see why they were mentioned.

If you would like to police, please make sure what you are saying makes sense and is correct first

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Lol. Am I allowed to police the fact we're now talking about the Crypt returning, or nah?

• Like 2
  • Confused 1

5 minutes ago, lifetimecoaster said:

The queue situation will be interesting. I'm actually looking at those plans, and trying to decide if they are taking out part of the outdoor queue area from FOF to make more room in X Base, and possibly this is why the old Firehawk queue is being used for FOF now. It's really tough to decipher on the plans (mainly because it's been 20 years since I've look at working drawings) 

It looks to me they are taking some lines from the FOF queue to make extra locker space and the PX on ride photo booth. 

• Like 5

^^If you want but it’ll probably leave a bad taste in a lot of people’s mouths. While this thread is mainly about the 2020 project, variety in topics is what keeps it alive and running. Somebody recently got mad that this thread was wandering off topic and many people were upset at this because of the reasons mentioned prior. Many times, policing should be left to the moderators, unless it is necessary by others.

What I’m trying to say is, police as you please, but be ready to accept some backlash.

• Like 4

Getting back on topic, I do think it's interesting that the park decided to combine Firehawk and Flight of Fear's que line. However, something bugs me. Every time I've been to the park, only half of the FoF que has ever been open; the part to the right of the UFO. Does the park still utilize the left hand side of the que?

• Like 5

I would assume they just thought they should plan for the worst and assume it will be very crowded back there next year. It really doesn't affect them if they never use it. It reminds me of the queue lines closer to DB's splashdown that are hardly ever used. On really busy days next year they can open up FH's old queue so the midway isn't packed. I'm sure they will have temporary queues for Project X setup all over the midway at least for the first few weeks.

• Like 4

14 minutes ago, DiamondBanshee said:

^^If you want but it’ll probably leave a bad taste in a lot of people’s mouths. While this thread is mainly about the 2020 project, variety in topics is what keeps it alive and running. Somebody recently got mad that this thread was wandering off topic and many people were upset at this because of the reasons mentioned prior. Many times, policing should be left to the moderators, unless it is necessary by others.

What I’m trying to say is, police as you please, but be ready to accept some backlash.

6 minutes ago, lifetimecoaster said:

Are you a moderator or admin for KIC? If you aren't, I would say that the policing is probably handled already. 

Yet, no one says a word when someone makes a claim and 20 people jump in to ask for a source because it's in the TOS. 

• Like 2

45 minutes ago, Hawaiian Coasters 325 said:

45 minutes ago, Hawaiian Coasters 325 said:

Kinda interesting if they are walking around Congo Falls as well. There are rumors that both Congo and Invertigo will be removed in the next few years. I could see those two being the next on the chopping block and it could be where our next coaster is going (after 2020). But it could be nothing (like the whole RMC spotted at KI rumors from last summer). 

I have since seen them elsewhere in the park. They were also in Rivertown last time I saw them. I’m thinking it is unrelated now. They might just be investors or something. 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, fryoj said:

Yet, no one says a word when someone makes a claim and 20 people jump in to ask for a source because it's in the TOS. 

If I'm to be honest, I'm a little perturbed by a person who has 4 posts, and 50% of those are telling other members of the forum what they should be doing on the forum. Beyond that, I guess I'm just being cranky. 

• Like 8

I doubt it’s bathroom because there’s no piping for plumbing. If it is for haunt, WHY that location. Anything else, WHY THERE?? Haha. I feel that there are many other areas that a building could be placed that doesn’t seem out of place. 

One thing I always have to remind myself is that we always see things from way up high thanks to the Eiffel Tower. I tend to think that they’re putting things in plain site when it’s really not. 

• Like 5

32 minutes ago, KI FANATIC 37 said:

I would assume they just thought they should plan for the worst and assume it will be very crowded back there next year. It really doesn't affect them if they never use it. It reminds me of the queue lines closer to DB's splashdown that are hardly ever used. On really busy days next year they can open up FH's old queue so the midway isn't packed. I'm sure they will have temporary queues for Project X setup all over the midway at least for the first few weeks.

I'm really surprised they didn't lay out the queues in such a way that the Firehawk queue could serve as overflow for Flight of Fear OR for the Giga based on which of the two needs overflow. On opening day, you can rest assured it will be the Giga, however, the rest of the time, it would more likely be Flight of Fear. The Giga will be a people-eater and if it's anything like Banshee, may move people so quickly that it almost never has a line at all.

The best thing about our Giga is that if Banshee is anything to go by, we can expect relatively short waits most of the time. That thing is extremely popular but has very short lines on even the busiest of days due to its capacity.

• Like 10

40 minutes ago, KI FANATIC 37 said:

Then that almost confirms that X base will remain a dead-end in the park won't add another path. Also people who are in line for Flight of Fear, when the Firehawk que is used, will have an awesome view of the new coaster

• Like 6

I know some people are disappointed by the new coaster, but I've only ridden one other giga and am very excited to ride our new one next year.  Like everyone I wish it was a longer ride, but with all of the different elements it will have I can't wait to ride it next year.

• Like 7

22 minutes ago, Sorner said:

I doubt it’s bathroom because there’s no piping for plumbing. If it is for haunt, WHY that location. Anything else, WHY THERE?? Haha. I feel that there are many other areas that a building could be placed that doesn’t seem out of place. 

One thing I always have to remind myself is that we always see things from way up high thanks to the Eiffel Tower. I tend to think that they’re putting things in plain site when it’s really not. 

It’s definitely something. It looks too small for Haunt building. The bathrooms were a joke but it won’t let me post emojis from my phone!

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Hawaiian Coasters 325 said:

Kinda interesting if they are walking around Congo Falls as well. There are rumors that both Congo and Invertigo will be removed in the next few years. I could see those two being the next on the chopping block and it could be where our next coaster is going (after 2020). But it could be nothing (like the whole RMC spotted at KI rumors from last summer). 

Personally I'd rather see Vortex replaced with something similar to Copperhead Strike, but that's for another thread. 

Have I missed the NL release? Hard to keep up with everything while in the office.

• Like 2

Sorry if it's been mentioned, but wouldn't it make sense to axe those dumb games by the Coke free-style and create another X base entrance by AE? That area is already a key crossroads of the park, and there is plenty of room back there for some flats and to develop X base and improve traffic. If not, it seems like the X base entrance by zephyr will be a constant logjam. 

Screen Shot 2019-05-23 at 1.39.24 PM.png

• Like 5

2 minutes ago, HandsUp said:

Sorry if it's been mentioned, but wouldn't it make sense to axe those dumb games by the Coke free-style and create another X base entrance by AE? That area is already a key crossroads of the park, and there is plenty of room back there for some flats and to develop X base and improve traffic. If not, it seems like the X base entrance by zephyr will be a constant logjam. 

Spend money to remove something that makes money just to change traffic flow? 

• Like 4

8 minutes ago, HandsUp said:

Screen Shot 2019-05-23 at 1.39.24 PM.png

When I worked there, that basketball game along with the rope ladder game were both top 10 games in terms of revenue. Axing both of them would be a tough sell.

• Like 5

5 minutes ago, SonofBaconator said:

@HandsUp It was talked about at one point a while ago. I think them using FH's que for FoF and the lack of grass clearing suggests it'll remain a dead end for now

@fryoj I'm excited but my biggest question would be "is going 300ft high so hard?" Its only a 15ft difference in height but that 15ft difference has triggered so many.

If it was 324ft you would still have many on here complaining!  I am for happy KI is installing coasters at the rate they have been.

• Like 10

When I worked there, that basketball game along with the rope ladder game were both top 10 games in terms of revenue. Axing both of them would be a tough sell.
Technically speaking they really wouldnt have to axe them... use those games during the season to keep that area blocked off then just move them to fit in the new space when completed. It could be done in the off season when not being used

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

• Like 4

2 minutes ago, kirbias1 said:

I would like to acknowledge @fryoj @BSBMX@DustinTheNow and the others who calculated the 285' foot lift before the rest of the prints were released. Nice work decoding! I'm sure this coaster will be good, although, CF probably could've gone all out on this one and done better

No problem! It was more of a calculated estimate back then, but yesterday's blueprints solidified several things.

KI can arbitrarily measure the height from anywhere though, so they still may say it's 3xx' feet tall, but per engineered prints, it's only 286' from the ground directly below the crest, so that's what I'm sticking with!

• Like 7

• malem locked this topic