Decoding 2020

fryoj

I may be looking into the plans too closely and it could mean nothing but it looks to me like there is going to be another entry structure similar to the arch. going into X-Base?0e83548bf7cc2dac41e60f80821d4f9c.jpg

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

• Like 4

1 minute ago, Codyfryguy said:

I may be looking into the plans too closely and it could mean nothing but it looks to me like there is going to be another entry structure similar to the arch. going into X-Base?

I'm not completely sure, but isn't that the exact location of the former arch that was just removed (including footings)?   If so that may be due to the timing of the drawings (timeline of when KI provided the base plots to which the coaster was then overlaid).  

Others correct my memory if needed...^_^

• Like 4

Guessing what the ride entrance/queue/plaza will look like is always one of my favorite parts. I look forward to seeing what this will look like.

I also find it funny how they are reusing FHs queue and photo stand. I thought there was no way in hell this would happen. Shows how much I know!

• Like 5

No problem! It was more of a calculated estimate back then, but yesterday's blueprints solidified several things.
KI can arbitrarily measure the height from anywhere though, so they still may say it's 3xx' feet tall, but per engineered prints, it's only 286' from the ground directly below the crest, so that's what I'm sticking with!

Make no mistake about it, Kings Island will call this a 300+ foot tall coaster and drop. They can basically make up any figure they want because you can’t disprove it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  • Like 3

21 minutes ago, Driver8rws said:

Ummm... Ok..  it's that "better"??  Or even different in a way? 

I have no idea. I'm sure it'll be fun. I was just stating a fact because the turnaround was being compared to Levi's. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, BSBMX said:

There may be some validity to this. If you look at the "leaked" layout, there are a few red lines near the FOF/Firehawk queues where they're getting a bit reworked to combine the two queues, and lots of red lines at the new coaster's queue line. If you look at the theater, there are some similar red lines in the northern side of the theater. This may mean nothing, or it may mean red lines signify paths/walkways/etc. that are getting work done.

The below is my fixed image of the leaked layout, where I properly scaled both images of the leak and stitched them together. Note that everything at the seam now lines up correctly. The previous, reddit-shared image (where the two images did not properly line up) had the entire right image (and thus that portion of the coaster) scaled down by ~10%, but I have fixed that in the below. I figured this updated leaked image was worthless after yesterday's blueprints, but this still may shed a bit of light on things!

KI layout fixed.PNG

Check out the size of that brake run! We might have a record breaker on our hands folks! I’m absolutely ecstatic about B&M bringing their truly one of a kind coaster element to Kings Island! 

• Like 6

1 hour ago, flightoffear1996 said:

Wonder how many guest will think they are boarding Firehawk to find them self’s in line for Flight of Fear. 

Sidenote: Wouldn’t the haunt building need water lines for fire suppression systems? 

It would absoluetly need fire supression to meet Ohio Fire Code.  At work right now so I can't vote the exact O.R.C section. But yes, all haunted attractions , permanent or temporary are required to have a fire suppression system in place

1 hour ago, silver2005 said:

I honestly hope after this, KI moves away from building new coasters at the rate they've been.  I'd like to see some more creative flats or a decent dark ride, spruce up the non-coaster line up.  

I would love a new dark ride.

• Like 1

Someone asked about the lift lights a few pages back (sorry this is a very active thread), and where I came to the conclusion of stream/chaser lights possibly like Valravn, see highlighted section from lift electrical prints below, circuit LP-247B-7:

Lift Lights.png

Personally I'm glad this lift will look different in the skyline than Diamondback (the single point egress lights every so often don't really highlight the lift).

• Like 7

10 minutes ago, Tr0y said:

Check out the size of that brake run! We might have a record breaker on our hands folks! I’m absolutely ecstatic about B&M bringing their truly one of a kind coaster element to Kings Island! 

Im hoping that that implies its going to be coming into that brake run at a decent speed!

• Like 3

Leviathan’s brake run is definitely higher.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, LondonFreak said:

These are construction by FOF and Adventure Express today from The Racer exit. They have an area to pour concrete. Maybe it’s those rumored bathrooms! Construction is in full force...

88EA8180-4AA0-423B-BEDB-4E2B9C8A08D0.jpeg

2 hours ago, Sorner said:

I doubt it’s bathroom because there’s no piping for plumbing. If it is for haunt, WHY that location. Anything else, WHY THERE?? Haha. I feel that there are many other areas that a building could be placed that doesn’t seem out of place. 

The answer to what this is was given a few times and is floating around in this very thread back when I first posted the pictures originally. Everyone was to busy turning it into train storage.

• Like 3

17 minutes ago, Logan said:

Leviathan’s brake run is definitely higher. 

I'm thinking the drop from the top of the helix 854.0' down 106.5 feet to the bottom under the lift at 747.5' back up 88.2 feet to the last curve at 835.7' back down 56.4 feet to the valley at 779.3' will burn a bit of energy before finally going back up 46.4 feet to the final brake run which is 825.7'  

Not so sure comparing brake run height is a worthy metric.  The end of this ride will be quite cool.  

Edited by Maddog
spelling
  • Like 3

Just now, sikkinixx99 said:

Does anyone that's smarter than me,which is quite easy lol figure out what the 1st drop will be degree wise??

Thanks

Latest blueprints do not show enough to say at this point. Knowing the height now, I'm going to estimate 81°, but there's no guarantee. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2

For good ole times sake, this was my original height calc back when we got the footer drawings and the decoding 2020 was mainly trying to decode that faulty scale bar lol. It was 285 ft then, and it’s 285.9 ft high now! Boy how things change, and even more so how things don’t change. Lol 

CC790CC1-34A2-4621-AFF7-969A72887496.jpeg

• Like 4
  • Haha 2

5 minutes ago, BSBMX said:

Latest blueprints do not show enough to say at this point. Knowing the height now, I'm going to estimate 81°, but there's no guarantee. 

I’ll figure this out later for ya! (Building a Prediction Layout based on the plans this week in No Limits) You are probably right, though! 81-82 degrees makes sense given the height! 

• Like 4

9 minutes ago, DustinTheNow said:

For good ole times sake, this was my original height calc back when we got the footer drawings and the decoding 2020 was mainly trying to decode that faulty scale bar lol. It was 285 ft then, and it’s 285.9 ft high now! Boy how things change, and even more so how things don’t change. Lol 

CC790CC1-34A2-4621-AFF7-969A72887496.jpeg

Oh man lol I forgot I said this 

consider me flabbergasted I suppose

• Like 5
  • Haha 3

I think people have every right to be disappointed. We love the park and want it to do big, great things. This is the only time we will ever get an investment like this, and while I’m sure it will be a GP crowd-pleaser and get a decent return, saying “shut up and be grateful for your ride” isn’t fair.  It is disappointing because to pull in big TOURIST crowds, that’s when big record-breakers matter, and I had hoped this was the direction this park would ultimately go, but it seems they don’t want to compete with their own tourist base to the north. Mostly I just don’t get the exorbitant expense for a ride like this. I was almost sure the initially leaked plans were fake because it just didn’t make business sense to me. There are a lot cheaper ways to bring in *some* people and appease the GP. Maybe ways that wouldn’t stomp all over the once-charming look of The Racer, add another massive south-facing lift hill to the skyline, and ruin The Beast’s backwooded solidarity - its best attribute. The 30 feet of trees between the two rides will offer almost no camouflage from a towering, colorful, roaring 100-ft-tall turnaround. If we’re going to be relegated to being in the “charming family park” category, and not get the very best roller coasters, I’d rather we at least actually kept the charm. Finding the cheapest way to technically have a Giga is not a good sign for how the chain considers the park. 

• Like 12

Okay, there aren't that many posts telling people to be grateful and that they can't be disappointed. We get it everyone. All of us are entitled to our own opinion and you can excited, disappointed, whatever you feel. If I have to read another paragraph defending peoples disappointment... <_<

• Like 8

2 hours ago, calakapepe said:

Imagine how it felt for this lol

https://rcdb.com/277.htm

I had the pleasure of going here the year this opened and was really looking forward to this thing.  Now mind you, the internet wasn't anything 20 years ago like it is today, but I don't remember ANYONE complaining about this thing being JUST shy of 200ft.  This was also on vacation so this was my only time visiting this park.  I remember only thinking this was Raptor on some SERIOUS steroids and I remember really enjoying it.  I expect I'll feel the same about this KI giga when it finally opens.  It will be awesome!

• Like 7

• malem locked this topic