Decoding 2020

fryoj

3 minutes ago, BringBackOurEagles said:

"...wouldn’t stomp all over the once-charming look of The Racer..."

While the other items I won't get into (not really decoding, seriously enough already!), I can relate to your above concern.  While Project X seems to be getting themed to align with the X-base location per station side views (which is awesome :D) I wonder if the coaster being visible throughout Coney Mall may detract from some of its quaintness.  The Antique Auto's are literally going to be in the morning shadows of the lift hill.  

• Like 2

45 minutes ago, BeeastFarmer said:

I hope KI is not pulling a KD with FoF.  It concerns me that they are using Firehawk's queue for FoF because they could take out some of the indoor portions and use it for Haunt as KD has done.  

This was my exact thought, actually.

• Like 4

1 hour ago, IndyGuy4KI said:

The answer to what this is was given a few times and is floating around in this very thread back when I first posted the pictures originally. Everyone was to busy turning it into train storage.

It looks too small for a B&M train storage facility. It is probably just a storage facility or something, because it’s small.

• Like 1

Just now, Phantom Theater said:

Has anyone pointed out the "new prop building" in the queue line? Would this be a themed room, like FoF?kmDSIAW.jpg

Yes, it's labeled as a Quonset hut on another sheet and is listed as being filed separately from Project X. Since it appears both Fast Lane and the regular line are routed through it, it apparently must have something pretty important inside.

• Like 12
  • Thanks 2

I think the fact that this building is filed separately (a la the ride photo booth) than the rest of this project indicates that this building is not just another shade structure. Very excited to see what they do for the theming!  

• Like 5

8 minutes ago, KIghostguy said:

I think the fact that this building is filed separately (a la the ride photo booth) than the rest of this project indicates that this building is not just another shade structure. Very excited to see what they do for the theming!  

I'm expecting this building to be something akin to the gotham city sewers you find in the lines for the various installations of Batman The Ride.

In other words, just a shade structure made of corrugated steel instead of canvas.

• Like 2

I'm expecting this building to be something akin to the gotham city sewers you find in the lines for the various installations of Batman The Ride.
In other words, just a shade structure made of corrugated steel instead of canvas.

Please no that thing gets so hot and smelly in the summer.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  • Like 1

13 minutes ago, silver2005 said:

With the rumor that Flight of Fear being renamed, could we see some sort of joint combined theming between the 2?  Maybe something that let's them play off one another?

We started that rumor on this site. I really, really don't think FoF would get renamed.

Then again, had you told me on October 28th, 2013 that Flight Deck was to be renamed, I'd have called you crazy. But even still, I don't think FoF would be renamed.

• Like 4

I've seen numerous people say that CF is short changing KI as yo not upstage CP.  I can't fathom a world where a company would do this.  CF would honestly want every property to do well. KI is already one of the better performing parks. Despite the markets,  CW and carowinds didnt perform that well pre CF in comparison. The investments made have been great for those parks.  Hopefully they will spread some love to the smaller properties now such as Dorney, MiA WoF etc 

As for not getting another Fury. I for one am glad. I applaud CF for not cloning every ride in every park. I think each park being diffrent is great. Not to mention sells more platinum passes. IMO, that is six flags weak point as was paramount's  when they had the parks.  

Now that is off my chest, back to 2020. I still think we will eventually see an expansion to x-base. I'm not sure it's in line for 2020 but hopefully when it happens it includes a new dark ride.

• Like 6

^^I know that, but it'd be a fun way to rename it IMO.  Even if it isn't renamed, Flight of Fear has a good story line to play off of.  I'm not sure we'd get a full fledged video for the new one like FoF, but with how Mystic Timbers was handled, there are certainly creative ways to do it.  

17 minutes ago, silver2005 said:

With the rumor that Flight of Fear being renamed, could we see some sort of joint combined theming between the 2?  Maybe something that let's them play off one another?

Looking at the plans, the station looks like a military hangar. If they keep the Area 51/UFO theme on FOF, then perhaps "Project X" is the new aircraft (spacecraft?) built from that technology?

• Like 7

7 minutes ago, Joshua said:

Looking at the plans, the station looks like a military hangar. If they keep the Area 51/UFO theme on FOF, then perhaps "Project X" is the new aircraft (spacecraft?) built from that technology?

That would make it an X-plane (experimental plane). A name something like X-301 would be interesting, because it's both lacking but at the same time, fits the theme perfectly.

• Like 6

11 minutes ago, jcovelli said:

That would make it an X-plane (experimental plane). A name something like X-301 would be interesting, because it's both lacking but at the same time, fits the theme perfectly.

My guess is the ride would still have a name that could also serve as the "project name" in the theme's backstory. (For example, "Project Orion")

• Like 4

Here's an odd thought.. which I seriously hope they DON'T do. Are they still trying VR on coasters.. or was that a phase? Please tell me that was a phase lol

No that’s generally only a Six Flags thing. Cedar Fair hasn’t tried it yet.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  • Like 1

• malem locked this topic