Decoding 2020

fryoj

1 hour ago, KIghostguy said:

Yes, it's labeled as a Quonset hut on another sheet and is listed as being filed separately from Project X. Since it appears both Fast Lane and the regular line are routed through it, it apparently must have something pretty important inside.

#whatsinthequonsethut

47 minutes ago, jcovelli said:

Here's an odd thought.. which I seriously hope they DON'T do. Are they still trying VR on coasters.. or was that a phase? Please tell me that was a phase lol

Seems like that fad has quickly died off. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

I believe a lot of people's frustration comes out of the fact they wanted and hyped it in their minds that this would be better than Fury and be the number one ride in the world. Very similar to the ridiculous theories people had with the shed. 

Also, I find it interesting that Millennium Force has a space theme, and this ride is looking like it will, too. Even the station looks similar to Millennium's. Maybe they wanted this ride to compliment and/or be better than Millennium.

• Like 9

My guess is the ride would still have a name that could also serve as the "project name" in the theme's backstory. (For example, "Project Orion")
"Project Orion" would make sense. NASA has been exploring it a lot recently because there are a lot of binary systems... and "earth-like" planets.

Since FOF is UFO themed.. we could say that "Project Orion" is us attempting to make it to Orion.

The movie "Contact" does this. Alien's reach out with a message on how to construct a spacecraft that'll get them to their planet.

Cool theme idea.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

• Like 5

4 minutes ago, presto123 said:

Quick question: If you had your choice, would you prefer KI be getting the coaster they are putting in or an even shorter more intense launch coaster like TTD or Kingda Ka?

TTD. No questions asked. 

• Like 2

I find it funny that everyone is complaining that this coaster is so short when it's longer, taller, and probably faster than all the coasters at Busch Gardens Tampa (my home park). Not to mention that it actually has airtime (none of the coasters I've ridden in Florida have airtime, and I've ridden quite a few). I'd kill to have this down here.

• Like 3

Personally I would take the giga. TTD does it's one thing really well, but I am a multiple elements kinda guy. Love Beast, but MT really made me appreciate modern wood coasters a lot more because how much it packed into such a small layout. 

• Like 6

On 5/6/2019 at 1:51 PM, LovinMeSomeBanshee said:

Co-founder of KI looked over these designs. Claims 300 to 305 ft. And he said there might be a vertical loop. He doesnt work at KI anymore, but if he calls this stuff wouldnt that be cool. And an inversion on a giga? Thatd be breaking the space time continuum.

• Like 4

22 minutes ago, presto123 said:

Quick question: If you had your choice, would you prefer KI be getting the coaster they are putting in or an even shorter more intense launch coaster like TTD or Kingda Ka?

TTD , just because I really love it

I'm happy to be getting this coaster though :)

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Mr_Krispy said:

Co-founder of KI looked over these designs. Claims 300 to 305 ft. And he said there might be a vertical loop. He doesnt work at KI anymore, but if he calls this stuff wouldnt that be cool. And an inversion on a giga? Thatd be breaking the space time continuum.

There sure as hell won't be a vertical loop, but I could see that "Treble-Clef" going upside-down like a dive loop. I still don't think it's happening though.

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, LintemuthStudios said:

I find it funny that everyone is complaining that this coaster is so short when it's longer, taller, and probably faster than all the coasters at Busch Gardens Tampa (my home park). Not to mention that it actually has airtime (none of the coasters I've ridden in Florida have airtime, and I've ridden quite a few). I'd kill to have this down here.

That’s sort of evaluating it in a bubble though and ignoring patterns of existing parks. 

Every time I hear someone say “I would kill to have this in my park!!!” I compare it to lambasting fans of the losing Super Bowl team and being like “I would have killed to have my team even make it to the super bowl!” Yeah but... not really the point.

Not sure that’s a totally accurate analogy but hopefully you get what I mean. Guess you could also argue that KI getting a giga at all would more aptly be compared to flat out winning the super bowl.

• Like 7

24 minutes ago, Mr_Krispy said:

That pretty much kills his credibility. Theres absolutely no vertical loop on this. We can see the track in the layout. The most we can expect is an overbanked turn. There will be no inversions on it. 

• Like 8

10 minutes ago, fryoj said:

That pretty much kills his credibility. Theres absolutely no vertical loop on this. We can see the track in the layout. The most we can expect is an overbanked turn. There will be no inversions on it. 

Spiegel was commenting on the original foundation plans, not the leaked full layout. I think he was saying it could possibly happen, not that it was with any certainty. 

He’s called “Mr. Theme Park” for a reason. Look him up. 

• Like 6

2 minutes ago, DeltaFlyer said:

Spiegel was commenting on the original foundation plans, not the leaked full layout. I think he was saying it could possibly happen, not that it was with any certainty. 

He’s called “Mr. Theme Park” for a reason. Look him up. 

I don't need to. I'm aware who he is. I responded to someone else saying he looked at these plans and said there might be a vertical loop. I stand by my statement. If he looked at these plans and said theres a vertical loop, it would kill his credibility. If the other poster misquoted him, that would make the whole conversation irrelevant. 

1 minute ago, ohiocoasterfan said:

I don’t know if these is even possible but to me this turnaround looks like it could be an outside banked turn. Notice the lines and how they twist like the coaster is riding on the outside and not the inside. That would be an awesome element!

The ride envelope is on the inside of the curve. If it was an outside turn, it would be on the outside of the curve. 

• Like 6

3 minutes ago, ohiocoasterfan said:

I don’t know if these is even possible but to me this turnaround looks like it could be an outside banked turn. Notice the lines and how they twist like the coaster is riding on the outside and not the inside. That would be an awesome element!

71755e0b98a7fc79f6ce6f1c23812ff7.jpg

I seriously doubt outward sideways ejector airtime.  It's much more realistic to interpret those lines as the right rail moving under the left rail (inward-facing) as you enter the right hand turn, rather than the right rail moving above the left rail (outward facing).

• Like 4

1 hour ago, sixohdieselrage said:

Iron Dragon has VR later in the day. Or at least did last year. 

See also Thunder Run at Canada's Wonderland.

EDIT: Also, it blows my mind to think that outer banked turns are now a legitimate (and awesome) roller coaster element now. Before Steel Vengeance making outer banked turns “cool”, the only places I saw them were on S&S Coasters (like Wild Hawg at Indiana Beach), PAX (Russian coaster company with some interesting designs), a roller coaster toy at KB Toys back in the day, and Ultimate Ride (a roller coaster designing game where you could control the length and banking of track sections to make insane coasters).

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, MDMC01 said:

See also Thunder Run at Canada's Wonderland.

EDIT: Also, it blows my mind to think that outer banked turns are now a legitimate (and awesome) roller coaster element now. Before Steel Vengeance making outer banked turns “cool”, the only places I saw them were on S&S Coasters (like Wild Hawg at Indiana Beach), PAX (Russian coaster company with some interesting designs), a roller coaster toy at KB Toys back in the day, and Ultimate Ride (a roller coaster designing game where you could control the length and banking of track sections to make insane coasters).

Thank Alan Schilke for those first two examples next time you see him :D

• Like 2

1 hour ago, LintemuthStudios said:

There sure as hell won't be a vertical loop, but I could see that "Treble-Clef" going upside-down like a dive loop. I still don't think it's happening though.

On 5/6/2019 at 1:51 PM, LovinMeSomeBanshee said:

Yeah, I'm 99.9% doubting it. But you gotta admit, itd be cool.

• Like 2

19 minutes ago, MDMC01 said:

Yeah, but they can only really be very gentle turns or taken quite slowly (relatively).  Humans don't tolerate high negative Gs nearly as easily as positive Gs.  All the blood slamming into your head at -4Gs is a recipe for a killer headache at best, and an aneurysm at worst.  Most humans lose consciousness at between -2 to -3Gs.

• Like 4

3 minutes ago, BSBMX said:

The Voyage had an outer banked turn before it was cool. 

I feel like Voyage is the most underrated coaster in the world.. mostly because no one knows about it lol. I never even heard of Holiday World until two years ago. 

• Like 4

• malem locked this topic