Decoding 2020

fryoj

14 minutes ago, Logan said:

Did anyone else see that WLWT article with Dennis Spiegel? It's clear that guy has no idea what he's talking about. He said there would be a vertical loop.

Ikr? And hes the co founder of KI. I hope hes just playing around

• Like 2

30 minutes ago, Logan said:

Did anyone else see that WLWT article with Dennis Spiegel? It's clear that guy has no idea what he's talking about. He said there would be a vertical loop.

He also thought The Banshee was going to be a wing coaster based off of the blueprints. That guy's a legend, he's probably just either trolling or a little rusty on his blueprint knowledge

• Like 6

26 minutes ago, Shawn Meyer said:

Yeah I wanted to ask last week where Gary Walks was and why he didn't speak a little? He was the founder and still is the founder of Kings Island. I would have stayed for that.

Wachs not Walks.

• Like 5

8 minutes ago, pkiknex25 said:

Is it possible that he's just a business guru with little knowledge of the engineering field?

to me it seems like he is kinda locally famous for being a part of Kings Islands history but he seems like is just an enthusiast like us. i take everything he says when it comes to predictions with a grain of salt. but i loved seeing him in a KI documentary i saw on youtube. he seems like a really nice guy

• Like 4

27 minutes ago, SonofBaconator said:

He also thought The Banshee was going to be a wing coaster based off of the blueprints. That guy's a legend, he's probably just either trolling or a little rusty on his blueprint knowledge

He also pegged Diamondback as a dive coaster based entirely on the splash construction. 

• Like 7

He always thinks the helixes are vertical loops... I remember when he said that Diamondback was going to have multiple loops, probably looking at the turn arounds and helixes. He probably thought that the ampersand turn (or whatever kind of element that is) near the end of the layout was a loop. 

• Like 5

43 minutes ago, silver2005 said:

To be fair, the turn around does kind of look like an inclined dive loop/Immelman. 

It'd be cool if that turn around had some sort of ridiculous banking to it.  

Totally agree. I saw someone said that the clamshell restraints wouldn't handle inversions.  But could either

A. The amount of speed this thing will more than likely carry into the turnaround allow them to work.  (More than likely not the case.)

B.  B&M is using a new restraint type.  I dont recall seeing the restraints in the plans.  Again, probably not the case, just speculation. 

But a psuedo inversion/brand new elements could be what sets our giga apart from everything else out there.  

• Like 6

7 hours ago, upstop said:

I’m wholeheartedly on team Shooting Star now.... the layout for this coaster is kind of like a giant version of the old coaster from Coney Island. Out and back with a final helix before the break run. 

No offense but I really hope you're wrong about this. I know there is history there, but check it out:

MILLENIUM FORCE

INTIMIDATOR 305

LEVIATHAN

FURY 325

sHoOtInsGsTAr!!!!1111

:P

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, ldhudsonjr said:

No offense but I really hope you're wrong about this. I know there is history there, but check it out:

MILLENIUM FORCE

INTIMIDATOR 305

LEVIATHAN

FURY 325

sHoOtInsGsTAr!!!!1111 :P

perhaps well go daft punk and be INTERSTELLA 5555 :P

• Like 4
  • Haha 2

1 hour ago, ldhudsonjr said:

MILLENIUM FORCE

INTIMIDATOR 305

LEVIATHAN

FURY 325

sHoOtInsGsTAr!!!!1111

Wait is Shooting Star the going name prediction now? If so, I like it! :-)

• Like 4

Could you imagine that for a second? A Dive coaster with the layout of a hyper. Expensive but still cool!

That would kinda suck. It would lose all its energy after the second hill. Dive trains are not aerodynamic in any way.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, ldhudsonjr said:

MILLENIUM FORCE

INTIMIDATOR 305

LEVIATHAN

FURY 325

sHoOtInsGsTAr!!!!1111

Millennium Force: Cool name in 1999 for announcement and 2000. Outdated reference by 2001. What does it even mean? (Yes, I know a cheesy story explains it.)

Intimidator 305: decent name,  theme pretty good. Licensing fee and NASCAR popularity has been declining since even before its debut.

Leviathan: Great,  unique name that fitting a giant coaster.

Fury 325: What does it even mean? Hopelessly generic.

Shooting Star: Timeless. Throwback to Cincinnati history, everyone knows what a shooting star is.

My point is Shooting Star has appeal even though it may not be the trendiest name.

• Like 10

13 minutes ago, KI Guy said:

Millennium Force: Cool name in 1999 for announcement and 2000. Outdated reference by 2001. What does it even mean? (Yes, I know a cheesy story explains it.)

Intimidator 305: decent name,  theme pretty good. Licensing fee and NASCAR popularity has been declining since even before its debut.

Leviathan: Great,  unique name that fitting a giant coaster.

Fury 325: What does it even mean? Hopelessly generic.

Shooting Star: Timeless. Throwback to Cincinnati history, everyone knows what a shooting star is.

My point is Shooting Star has appeal even though it may not be the trendiest name.

Wait, let me play dumb for a moment. Is the coaster called shooting star? Lol

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

19 minutes ago, KI Guy said:

Shooting Star: Timeless. Throwback to Cincinnati history, everyone knows what a shooting star is

I get it, personally though I just think it sounds really old fashioned. I think the other names just sound a lot cooler. Just my 2 cents though.

If that is the name though I'm sure it'll grow on me.

• Like 4

I think the old names have a certain charm.

It seems every new coaster name is a monster, an intimidating animal, or some mythical or powerful force/magic, etc. I think the scary theme is overdone, personally, but ultimately it won't be up to me! 

• Like 5

I agree that Shooting Star is a bit outdated for a rollercoaster, but it would make a great name for some flat ride. If I were to name this giga, it would be Celestron (I know to some this sounds stupid, but it would be a play on something celestial, idk).

• Like 6

11 minutes ago, Zayzayd13 said:

I agree that Shooting Star is a bit outdated for a rollercoaster, but it would make a great name for some flat ride. If I were to name this giga, it would be Celestron (I know to some this sounds stupid, but it would be a play on something celestial, idk).

I like it 

• Like 2

• malem locked this topic