Decoding 2020

fryoj

4 minutes ago, ethancoaster said:

Sorry for low quality pics, OneDrive isn’t working on my PC so I can’t screenshot at the moment. However, I’ve been working on a recreation in Planet Coaster. This is the ride profile:

90996D36-E4AD-4ADC-8D70-EC8E958FBB94.jpeg0F496228-A9EF-4D8C-91B4-64E1D2BC00EA.jpeg

Looking at the layout. I feel... kinda disappointed. It's not your fault in any way, I know these were taken from the blueprints. It's just makes me feel like it's a taller Diamondback. Maybe it's just me, idk

• Like 4

2 hours ago, Mr_Krispy said:

Looking at the layout. I feel... kinda disappointed. It's not your fault in any way, I know these were taken from the blueprints. It's just makes me feel like it's a taller Diamondback. Maybe it's just me, idk

It is my fault. I made the first turn too high, about 20 feet more than it’s supposed to be. 

[EDIT] Fixed.

CF8E4029-487D-424B-93C0-F214479F98B5.jpeg58704FD5-1FE4-45F0-9CF5-76FC5C9A6B7B.jpeg

• Like 1

I mean, there are a lot more unique elements in this layout with more emphasis on turns and a drop that uses the terrain... but yeah, less inspired than and very similar a standard B&M hyper, composed strictly of airtime hills, a hammerhead turnaround, two helixes, and a splashdown

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 5

1 hour ago, ethancoaster said:

Sorry for low quality pics, OneDrive isn’t working on my PC so I can’t screenshot at the moment. However, I’ve been working on a recreation in Planet Coaster. This is the ride profile:

90996D36-E4AD-4ADC-8D70-EC8E958FBB94.jpeg0F496228-A9EF-4D8C-91B4-64E1D2BC00EA.jpeg

Oh man! If this is the actual ride.. then they are far from clearing out all the trees! Lol...

• Like 1

After looking at all the ride pdf files and blueprints I have one major question. 

What DON'T we know? I know its a dumb question but it seems like we've found out a lot in these past few weeks. We don't know the final info like official height, speed, name, colors, etc but what other factors of this ride can be out of our reach as of now?

• Like 4

After looking at all the ride pdf files and blueprints I have one major question. 
What DON'T we know? I know its a dumb question but it seems like we've found out a lot in these past few weeks. We don't know the final info like official height, speed, name, colors, etc but what other factors of this ride can be out of our reach as of now?

We don’t know the angle of descent. I think it will probably be the steepest B&M giga and will either have an 82 or 85 degree drop, but who knows at this point.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  • Like 3

Just caught up. Things I've noticed:

1. Some people saying that detractors of the layout "shouldn't judge early" only to say the layout looks great themselves. (Therefore judging it and being a hypocrite)

2. A few pages ago some people mentioned a boycott from said detractors, but I haven't noticed even the most emotional of detractors calling for a boycott of KI.

Now as much as I don't like some of the people complaining about the new layout, I also can't get behind the "Shut up and be grateful" argument for obvious reasons that have already been stated. I also can't get behind the "Don't ride it so there's less people in line" argument, because I actually want people too ride this ride so they can see maybe it isn't all bad.

Just my observations and thoughts on what went down a few pages back. I don't have anything against anyone.

• Like 7

1 hour ago, SonofBaconator said:

What's in the prop building?

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, fryoj said:

So who had 36 days in the "amount of days for the decoding thread to pass the two year old Giga speculation thread" pool?

Considering we basically decoded the entire project at this point it's not too surprising. This place got insane amounts of traffic when new documents were posted.

• Like 4

Not to add yet another NL2 rendition into the mix lol, but after building the track layout myself, I honestly see this as potentially being one of the more forceful gigas (for B&M standards anyways). I've got the train hitting the brake run at around 40 mph, and each of the hills are pulling as much as -0.3 Gs. Plus, short as it may be, it seems to have a better flow than Leviathan in my opinion. Also it'll look absolutely gigantic in its location. Track layout is finished. I'll post some screenshots when I finish the supports.

• Like 14

7 minutes ago, KevM86 said:

Ground up RMC emoji1696.pngemoji106.png

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

Even if an RMC is KI's next coaster, which I believe it will be, I don't expect it to be anything close to Steel Vengeance. I would expect something similar to Twisted Timbers. The good news is that TT is an awesome ride. Some people I've talked to like it better than SV.

• Like 4

Was decoding always this easy? I was here for decoding 2014 and there were huge debates about what the ride was going to be up to the announcement date. I was also around here for Decoding 2017 and there were still giant debates on elements and such up until the actual announcement of the ride.

Have we just gotten better decoding things?

• Like 7

• malem locked this topic