Decoding 2020

fryoj

5 hours ago, presto123 said:

What do you think they are saving the big clearing over by Banshee for? 

I've been wondering about that. It seems like the logical place for an upcoming coaster. But the spaces between The Bat, Banshee, and AE are tight, where would it start? It'd be nice to see a significant portion of The Bat's queue overhauled and I imagine that would mean our last remnant of SOB would have to go, as its station takes you right into Banshee's supports. 

• Like 5

2 hours ago, Joshua said:

I've been wondering about that. It seems like the logical place for an upcoming coaster. But the spaces between The Bat, Banshee, and AE are tight, where would it start? It'd be nice to see a significant portion of The Bat's queue overhauled and I imagine that would mean our last remnant of SOB would have to go, as its station takes you right into Banshee's supports. 

you teased my intrest enough to throw something together, if they absolutley wanted to reuse the SOB station, theres a possibility it would work. Heres a concept just as i could see it working.

2019-05-26.png

• Like 7

A coaster that interacts with both would be interesting. My thought is they could demolish SOB's station, route a queue under Banshee's supports, and place a station further down. 

• Like 8

9 minutes ago, Joshua said:

A coaster that interacts with both would be interesting. My thought is they could demolish SOB's station, route a queue under Banshee's supports, and place a station further down. 

i agree that would be my thought to the most likely, seeing as the routing of the queue like that would give the amount of holding needed if they built off of the remaining queue from SOB.  I have vivid memories of the SOB queue filling and going all the way back to festhaus, so extra people handling would be needed.

• Like 5

3 hours ago, kirbias1 said:

Even if an RMC is KI's next coaster, which I believe it will be, I don't expect it to be anything close to Steel Vengeance. I would expect something similar to Twisted Timbers. The good news is that TT is an awesome ride. Some people I've talked to like it better than SV.

I could see us getting a Raptor model too.

• Like 4

12 hours ago, SonofBaconator said:

After looking at all the ride pdf files and blueprints I have one major question. 

What DON'T we know? I know its a dumb question but it seems like we've found out a lot in these past few weeks. We don't know the final info like official height, speed, name, colors, etc but what other factors of this ride can be out of our reach as of now?

12 hours ago, Logan said:

We don’t know the angle of descent. I think it will probably be the steepest B&M giga and will either have an 82 or 85 degree drop, but who knows at this point.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I went back into my CAD models to see what I could figure out about the drop angle. Long story short, I'm going to say it's 81deg, possibly 80deg. Anything more than 81 just doesn't line up with what the blueprints give us.

In a new CAD model, I laid the overhead image down and created construction points at top of lift (1035.9' point), bottom of first drop (735' point), and all lift footings, including the backbone beginning and end. On a plane perpendicular to this, I laid in the blueprint image of the lift hill. With the drop's bottom being the lowest point in this local area (at an elevation of 735'), I made this my Z zero height. Per the footing coordinates, the backbone footing beginning is about 8' above zero, the backbone footing end is about 13' above zero, and the ground directly below the lift crest is about 15' above zero. Using these 3 points, and the silhouette lines of the support columns on the lift blueprint, I can accurately place and scale the lift hill image to the overhead image. 

In conjunction to this, using the construction point at the drop bottom (where the 735' height is), I estimated the backbone thickness at 4', I can estimate where the drop backbone is and the track pulling away from it. Laying this out in a sketch and adjusting the backbone angle until it "looks right", an angle of 81deg gets me closest to matching the geometry of Fury and Levi (a drop of 80deg also looks pretty similar too). An angle of 82deg or more introduces in a 'jog' of sorts between the drop and the pullout, where it just doesn't look right. A drop of 85deg definitely is not possible. 

Here's the overhead image I used:

drop overhead.jpg

Here's a somewhat isometric image of my sketches:

drop iso.jpg

Here's a perpendicular image, showing the 81deg:

drop 81.jpg

Here's a silhouette image of the lift's support structure:

drop supports.jpg

• Like 18
  • Thanks 4

9 hours ago, JCoaster25 said:

Not to add yet another NL2 rendition into the mix lol, but after building the track layout myself, I honestly see this as potentially being one of the more forceful gigas (for B&M standards anyways). I've got the train hitting the brake run at around 40 mph, and each of the hills are pulling as much as -0.3 Gs. Plus, short as it may be, it seems to have a better flow than Leviathan in my opinion. Also it'll look absolutely gigantic in its location. Track layout is finished. I'll post some screenshots when I finish the supports.

I mean, -0.3G is found on most hypers already (or at least a range of +0.1 to -0.3). Levi has roughly -0.5G on the speed hill and -0.1 to -0.3 on the camelbacks, and hits the breakrun around ~50mph. I wouldn't say it has better pacing than Levi, especially since it really only loses its momentum at the very end. This may seem better paced, but keep in mind that it has two tall elements right after the drop compared to the others, so it will lose a ton of momentum. So I have a feeling that after the speed hill on this, it'll just be the standard speed you find on other B&Ms. The only way to find out is when it's announced and see the animations, banking, pacing and of course, riding it. And just like most coasters, it always runs faster than what the animation shows so anything is possible. 

• Like 5

1 hour ago, arrold said:

I could see us getting a Raptor model too.

I think T-Rex is more likely than Raptor, but still less likely than Hybrid. I think CP will get first T-Rex before KI does though. Plus, KI doesn't have an RMC Hybrid. Makes sense that would be our next one, but we won't know for another 4-6 years.

• Like 4

4 hours ago, SonofBaconator said:

Was decoding always this easy? I was here for decoding 2014 and there were huge debates about what the ride was going to be up to the announcement date. I was also around here for Decoding 2017 and there were still giant debates on elements and such up until the actual announcement of the ride.

Have we just gotten better decoding things?

There just really was not much to decode this time. Everything got leaked before the first footer got dug. 

• Like 6

15 minutes ago, kirbias1 said:

It was been speculated that the length of this ride is going to be a little less than LEVI at 5032'. Is that just an estimate or does the print give enough info for it to be accurate? 

Where did 5032' come from?

Back on page 148, I estimated the track length to be 5089'. The blueprints recently show a total of 148 track pieces. We know Fury has 192 track pieces, and a length of 6602', so estimating that out gives us a track length of 34.385' per piece. Assuming this giga will be similar, 148 * 34.385' gives us a length of ~5089'. This is just an estimate of course, not saying that 5032' is wildly off, but it's the first time I've seen that number, but I can confidently say it'll be shorter than Levi (which is 5486').

• Like 3

A bit more analysis of the blueprints.

It's been discussed, but I don't remember seeing any pics confirming it... the trains are definitely 8 cars long. There are 8 clear separate queue lines in the station, with the front seat and back seat having its own queue line. There is also an elevator on the exit side (no surprise here, but wanted to mention it).

station analysis.jpg

In the queue line, there are multiple locations of "FUN TV" (yellow, below) and mister fans (blue, below). There were some talks about what's inside the new prop building. Per these prints, there is no planned electrical or plumbing inside of there. There's indication of some lights just outside of the prop building, but nothing going on inside, and no large footings suggesting this building is anything substantial. I expect it'll be some simple structural building decor.

queue analysis.jpg

There are planned "DMX lighting" locations along the entire length of the coaster, particularly near all high points. If you're not familiar with DMX lights, no, unfortunately X is not gunna give it to ya...DMX lights are just network-controlled lights. Looks like each high point will have a light shining upwards, highlighting the track and supports, even in the back turnaround near The Beast. With them being DMX lights, they might have the ability to change the color on the fly instead of just plain white all the time. Something to look forward to.

DMX lighting.jpg

Finally, I'm going to update my lift height number to 296'. I found the below note on the original blueprints, and the 740' is also the elevation around the entire station area. Max height of 1035.9' minus this 740' elevation gives us a height of 296'. I've suggested this below, but now I'm noticing that the blueprints are calling out this particular height as "zero". Yes, the crest of the lift is still ~286' above the ground directly below it, but it looks like the project's zero height is around the station, which would give us a height of 296'. (MSL is "mean sea level")

740 msl.jpg

Updated estimates:

--296' tall

--301' drop

--81deg drop

--5089' long

• Like 20
  • Thanks 2

8 minutes ago, BSBMX said:

A bit more analysis of the blueprints.

It's been discussed, but I don't remember seeing any pics confirming it... the trains are definitely 8 cars long. There are 8 clear separate queue lines in the station, with the front seat and back seat having its own queue line. There is also an elevator on the exit side (no surprise here, but wanted to mention it).

station analysis.jpg

In the queue line, there are multiple locations of "FUN TV" (yellow, below) and mister fans (blue, below). There were some talks about what's inside the new prop building. Per these prints, there is no planned electrical or plumbing inside of there. There's indication of some lights just outside of the prop building, but nothing going on inside, and no large footings suggesting this building is anything substantial. I expect it'll be some simple structural building decor.

queue analysis.jpg

There are planned "DMX lighting" locations along the entire length of the coaster, particularly near all high points. If you're not familiar with DMX lights, no, unfortunately X is not gunna give it to ya...DMX lights are just network-controlled lights. Looks like each high point will have a light shining upwards, highlighting the track and supports, even in the back turnaround near The Beast. With them being DMX lights, they might have the ability to change the color on the fly instead of just plain white all the time. Something to look forward to.

DMX lighting.jpg

Finally, I'm going to update my lift height number to 296'. I found the below note on the original blueprints, and the 740' is also the elevation around the entire station area. Max height of 1035.9' minus this 740' elevation gives us a height of 296'. I've suggested this below, but now I'm noticing that the blueprints are calling out this particular height as "zero". Yes, the crest of the lift is still ~286' above the ground directly below it, but it looks like the project's zero height is around the station, which would give us a height of 296'. (MSL is "mean sea level")

740 msl.jpg

Updated estimates:

--296' tall

--301' drop

--81deg drop

--5089' long

You gotta be kidding me. Four feet from a 300 foot lift hill. They didn't have enough money for four feet of steel?

• Like 5

You gotta be kidding me. Four feet from a 300 foot lift hill. They didn't have enough money for four feet of steel?
Yaaa something tells me as others have said that they are going to go ahead and call it 300' even if it technically falls just below that. I agree though and maybe it is the OCD in me but I would just really like to see it actually hit 300 if it is that close....

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

• Like 5

Technically speaking your eye level should be at 300 feet at that point
-codyfryguy making everyone feel better about not having a lift that is 300 feet high-

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

• Like 5
  • Haha 4

-codyfryguy making everyone feel better about not having a lift that is 300 feet high-

Haaaa.. Ya.. Good point! We may have to strap helmets with antennas on our heads but we will get to that 300!!

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

• Like 4
  • Haha 2

15 minutes ago, Codyfryguy said:

I know you're joking, but we don't know where the 1035.9' height is exactly, so you might be right! Is it rail height, heartline height, handrail height, etc.? Don't know right now. 

I suspect the next batch of blueprints will reveal more. The recent lift hill blueprint has cross sections going thru it, including right at the crest. I would bet the cross section view would give us accurate heights and more info, similar to the cross section views of the station. 

• Like 5

12 minutes ago, BSBMX said:

I know you're joking, but we don't know where the 1035.9' height is exactly, so you might be right! Is it rail height, heartline height, handrail height, etc.? Don't know right now. 

I suspect the next batch of blueprints will reveal more. The recent lift hill blueprint has cross sections going thru it, including right at the crest. I would bet the cross section view would give us accurate heights and more info, similar to the cross section views of the station. 

I'm going to die on the inside if the lift hill height turns out to be 299 feet. Might start calling this world's first giper (half giga, half hyper).

• Like 5

Updated estimates:
--296' tall
--301' drop
--81deg drop
--5089' long

296' tall, that's fine. 301' drop, that's good too. 81 deg drop, pretty much expected. 5089' track length, this is the part that gets me. Our giga will be shorter then our hyper. To me that's insane.

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

• Like 7

14 minutes ago, LintemuthStudios said:

I'm going to die on the inside if the lift hill height turns out to be 299 feet. Might start calling this world's first giper (half giga, half hyper).

They should totally advertise this as the world's tallest hyper coaster. At 299 feet we'd probably hold that record forever lol

• Like 5
  • Haha 2

2 hours ago, BSBMX said:

Where did 5032' come from?

Back on page 148, I estimated the track length to be 5089'. The blueprints recently show a total of 148 track pieces. We know Fury has 192 track pieces, and a length of 6602', so estimating that out gives us a track length of 34.385' per piece. Assuming this giga will be similar, 148 * 34.385' gives us a length of ~5089'. This is just an estimate of course, not saying that 5032' is wildly off, but it's the first time I've seen that number, but I can confidently say it'll be shorter than Levi (which is 5486').

Oh, my mistake,  but 5089' is significantly shorter than LEVI. Just hard to believe that after the first drop there is only one airtime element before the turnaround. 

• Like 4

2 hours ago, DonkeyKong said:

As of now there are no plans to run The Racer backwards again.
https://www.visitkingsisland.com/blog/2019/january/readers’-mailbag-why-was-the-last-dip-on-the-racer-removed

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Wow thanks.  I guess the numbers dont lie but I always remember the backwards being more popular, anecdotally anyhow...Thanks!

Edited by WhereDidBeastieGo
Typo
  • Like 4

• malem locked this topic