Decoding 2020

fryoj

This might be a stretch since I can't find much info about "Hot Shot", but I saw this ES33 tag, and its note pertains to power to a "Hot Shot", which instantly made me think of on-ride photo systems. Googling didn't return much, except for this site (which does have history working with other amusement parks), but they look like they're more on the software side of things instead of hardware. Anyways, if I had to guess, I'd say the on-ride photo is right here at the bottom of the first drop.

https://www.hotshotsimaging.com/

hot shot.jpg

• Like 9

5 hours ago, BSBMX said:

There are planned "DMX lighting" locations along the entire length of the coaster, particularly near all high points. If you're not familiar with DMX lights, no, unfortunately X is not gunna give it to ya...DMX lights are just network-controlled lights. Looks like each high point will have a light shining upwards, highlighting the track and supports, even in the back turnaround near The Beast. With them being DMX lights, they might have the ability to change the color on the fly instead of just plain white all the time. Something to look forward to.

DMX lighting.jpg

DMX seems like an unusual choice for such an installation, given it's low-power, lack of error correction and limited practical cable runs (without repeaters) of 1000' (which, in practice, is really stretching its capabilities).  I would suspect something like ArtNet instead.  But I'm just being pedantic, as I totally know what you intended.  Haha

• Like 4

42 minutes ago, BSBMX said:

This might be a stretch since I can't find much info about "Hot Shot", but I saw this ES33 tag, and its note pertains to power to a "Hot Shot", which instantly made me think of on-ride photo systems. Googling didn't return much, except for this site (which does have history working with other amusement parks), but they look like they're more on the software side of things instead of hardware. Anyways, if I had to guess, I'd say the on-ride photo is right here at the bottom of the first drop.

https://www.hotshotsimaging.com/

hot shot.jpg

I’m not sure if that’s the correct company linked to, but “Hot Shot” is in fact a brand of ride/souvenir camera systems. When Cedar Fair took over in 2006, most ride/souvenir cameras were upgraded to “hot shot.” Six Flags also uses them. I can’t find a photo off hand, but if anyone has a high res photo of Beast’s first drop, Vortex’s boomerang, or Firehawk—you’ll likely see the hot shot logo on the camera. 

• Like 5

4 minutes ago, Gordon Bombay said:

I’m not sure if that’s the correct company linked to, but “Hot Shot” is in fact a brand of ride/souvenir camera systems. When Cedar Fair took over in 2006, most ride/souvenir cameras were upgraded to “hot shot.” Six Flags also uses them. I can’t find a photo off hand, but if anyone has a high res photo of Beast’s first drop, Vortex’s boomerang, or Firehawk—you’ll likely see the hot shot logo on the camera. 

That's what I was thinking! But I figured I'd find a website for them, but after I couldn't, I second guessed myself. 

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, BSBMX said:

Another thing I found interesting... Looks like there will be a water fountain in the station on the exit side, in front of the operator booth. 

65184F96-9973-4F3D-82F5-A97A09FE356B.jpeg

Copperhead Strike also has a fountain for operators in the station like this. I feel like they may have installed one at Fury in the past year or so as well (but don't remember for sure).

• Like 7

20 minutes ago, SonofBaconator said:

I wonder how they'll pay homage to Firehawk

The coaster will be so short that everyone will wish that Firehawk was still there!

Edit: In all seriousness, I wonder if there will be people who would prefer Firehawk over the giga...

• Like 4

1 hour ago, BSBMX said:

Another thing I found interesting... Looks like there will be a water fountain in the station on the exit side, in front of the operator booth. 

65184F96-9973-4F3D-82F5-A97A09FE356B.jpeg

That’s one of those simple things that makes one think, wow, why did it take this long for someone to think of that? No more lugging around a heavy water cooler for this ride crew.

• Like 8

5 hours ago, kirbias1 said:

Oh, my mistake,  but 5089' is significantly shorter than LEVI. Just hard to believe that after the first drop there is only one airtime element before the turnaround. 

Just finished my recreation on No Limits ... Track length is somewhere around 5440 ft, based on what I have.

• Like 8

Kings Island really could advertise their new giga as simply the “Tallest, Fastest, Longest, and Steepest Giga Coaster!”

In fine print:

***Calculations are based off of all the rollercoasters that are located in Southern Ohio.***

They wouldn’t even have to lie, and the GP would think it is the scariest thing ever!

• Like 5

40 minutes ago, SonofBaconator said:

You're all going to hate me.

The world's tallest hyper coaster title doesn't sound so bad....

It would be a sneaky way of including “world’s” in the marketing materials. Also, the world’s only hyper-giga coaster with the lift of a hyper and the drop of a giga.

• Like 8

I dont know man, I'm passed it. It sucks that they didn't make it taller or longer, but **** it KI is getting a Giga and you know we're all going to love it. Lift hill being under 300 feet doesn't really bug me, I'm just happy at least the drop is 300 (or slightly more). At this point I think we should just accept this thing for what it is and just see how we like it when it opens.

• Like 9

12 minutes ago, befat said:

It would be a sneaky way of including “world’s” in the marketing materials. Also, the world’s only hyper-giga coaster with the lift of a hyper and the drop of a giga.

The more I think of this, the more I could see this becoming a thing...

Tallest hyper coaster

Only hyper with a 300+ foot drop

• Like 5

Even though there are complete blue prints for this new ride, I think it is pretty interesting that no one knows the length, no one knows the height, no one knows the speed, no one knows the angle of descent. Sure people might be close but no one knows exactly.

Should make for an exciting announcement.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

8 minutes ago, refrigerator said:

Even though there are complete blue prints for this new ride, I think it is pretty interesting that no one knows the length, no one knows the height, no one knows the speed, no one knows the angle of descent. Sure people might be close but no one knows exactly.

Should make for an exciting announcement.

Well, we don't have complete blueprints yet. The recent batch was mostly electrical prints, which just so happen to show an overhead view of the layout. It gave us a lot of information, but there's still consider amount of info still missing. 

• Like 7

13 minutes ago, SonofBaconator said:

I'm a bit disappointed there's no hype from the park. Banshee hahasd legit signs and props outside the fence to get people excited for what's to come that kept people guessing.

It’s all about the limited time events these days to drive attendance. I wouldn’t be surprised if they put off the teasers until after Carnivale ends on July 7th. 2020 should make for a record breaking attendance year regardless. They’ll want to do everything they can make sure 2019 isn’t a down year. Also, they have a count down on the website for Gold Pass prices increasing on May 28th so they might be waiting to clear that hurdle.

• Like 10

8 minutes ago, SonofBaconator said:

I'm a bit disappointed there's no hype from the park. Banshee had legit signs and props outside the fence to get people excited for what's to come that kept people guessing.

We'll definitely see this as the season goes on. But with a coaster this big and visible, the construction alone will be hype enough. I'm sure we'll get plenty cryptic social media posts in the months to come.

• Like 5

7 minutes ago, arrold said:

We'll definitely see this as the season goes on. But with a coaster this big and visible, the construction alone will be hype enough. I'm sure we'll get plenty cryptic social media posts in the months to come.

I’d bet we’d see teasers after the start of Grand Carnival. They want you excited for what’s happening in June, not what’s happening in 2020.

Or there may be no teasers at all. They’ve been know to rewrite certain chapters of the book from time to time.

• Like 5

• malem locked this topic