Decoding 2020

fryoj

2 hours ago, befat said:

4 minutes ago, BoddaH1994 said:

I’d bet we’d see teasers after the start of Grand Carnival. They want you excited for what’s happening in June, not what’s happening in 2020.

Or there may be no teasers at all. They’ve been know to rewrite certain chapters of the book from time to time.

Totally unrelated to what you guys are talking about but I think I found some great station or queue line music: revolt production music ,paradigm

• Like 2

Going back to the subject of height...
I'd rather have the world's tallest hyper as opposed to the world's shortest giga.
We'll still be getting a 300ft decent so I'll be satisfied
I'll be over with [mention=10092]DiamondBanshee[/mention] ready to be stoned

I'll be right there with you two

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

• Like 3

Edit: Just warning that this post is very long, so be prepared

It might sound odd that I’m saying this, but I’m kinda glad that this isn’t the biggest, baddest, and best coaster ever made (well this is kinda an assumption based on what I’ve seen, but I’ll be happy to be proven wrong). Hear me out:

Once you reach the top, it becomes increasingly harder to go higher. For example, look at Steel Vengeance. Imo this is the best coaster ever made. But... now what? Where does CP go from here? They still have a hole or two in their lineup, and it’s seems as though whenever they try to fill it, it won’t live up to SV. I think most people see that they need a modern woodie, but what happens when they get a GCI or GG? The enthusiasts will be happy, but the GP will just see it as a step down, especially since SV has a wooden structure (which fools a lot of the GP). Even back with Millennium Force, they were at a point of “where do we go now?” Apparently the answer, at least initially, was taller and faster. What then? Smaller but with two launches instead of one, and more intense, making one of the best coasters in the world. Two GP crowd pleasers before SV. All along the way, more money and more advances in the industry were needed.

Now compare it to KIs giga. Will it be a very fun ride? Absolutely. It’ll probably be one of the best coasters in the world! Is it the best ever, probably not, but that leaves room to grow. KI seems to be at the same stage as CP with MF. The difference is, though, the industry has already advanced far enough ahead to show that better coasters can be and have been made. KI doesn’t have to go from one brand new model to the next, trying to stay on top. They can patiently wait and see what works best, what has the best ROI, and what will fit best at the park. Then, by the time we get an SV tier ride, there may be one even better and so on and so forth. To me at least, KI isn’t getting “screwed over.” Getting a giga (or at least a coaster of this scale) isn’t for parks that are getting screwed over. It seems like KI is becoming a sort of “Second CP.” CP gets all the newest stuff, good, bad, or indifferent. KI is getting all the stuff that worked. I believe we are in a great position at this point, and it just seems to get better.

Also, this coaster is just what KI needs. A very fast, intense coaster that fills the role as “Standout coaster.” While all the coasters there are phenomenal, none really stuck out to most people as there are many coasters like them. Beast has run its course as the standout and isn’t as popular as it used to be (sorry but when SV exists, many people in the coaster community looks over Beast except for its history.) This giga will fill this role.

Sorry for the novel lol. Just wanted to share my thoughts on this topic.

TL:DR - I write a book about how I’m happy about a non-record breaking giga and subsequently go into madness. Idk what stage of grief this may be lmao.

Also, I’m ready to get stoned by the community again lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 14

3 hours ago, BSBMX said:

Well, we don't have complete blueprints yet. The recent batch was mostly electrical prints, which just so happen to show an overhead view of the layout. It gave us a lot of information, but there's still consider amount of info still missing. 

Going ot on a limb here but what if,  and a huge what if,  the heights we're seeing on these prints aren't actually track heights but conduit or junction boxes.   Honestly haven't had a chance to really look at the prints closely. 

I truly doubt this it's the case but just throwing darts here. 

Edited by Jallie79
Autocorrect happened
  • Like 4

Going ot on a limb here but what if,  and a huge what if,  the hours we're seeing on these prints aren't actually track heights but conduit ot junction boxes.   Honestly haven't had a chance to really look at the prints closely. 

That’s what I was stating before, because it is an electrical layout

• Like 5

10 hours ago, SilentGloves said:

I demand a POV immediately.  We've all been patiently waiting this most accurate recreation.  :) 

Coming soon! Should be on amusement insiders in the next few days! 

33528C1E-6339-4B41-BE9E-E9D5332C0777.png

so what do y’all think of the color scheme? And logo?

• Like 8
  • Thanks 2

3 minutes ago, JCoaster25 said:

@DustinTheNow Looking forward to seeing your work! But just for fun I figured I'd post a POV of my take on our giga.

Enjoy everyone! =)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6V_xrJtq5Lw

1280x7681280x7681280x768

I know it’s a long shot. But I’m still in denial of the blueprints this is based off of. It just seems the ride is basically over as soon as the drop happens. It’s just so uneventful  

• Like 2

img]<a href=https://KICentral.com/forums/uploads/monthly_2019_05/6819E1FF-5057-4BF5-B4C2-97153D8D05FD.thumb.png.1b8995c90d1e5f8cf01243113b49d8cf.png' alt='6819E1FF-5057-4BF5-B4C2-97153D8D05FD.thumb.png.1b8995c90d1e5f8cf01243113b49d8cf.png'>
so what do y’all think of the color scheme? And logo?

I can design an insane logo for ya, Or a entry sign

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

4 hours ago, SonofBaconator said:

Going back to the subject of height...

I'd rather have the world's tallest hyper as opposed to the world's shortest giga.

We'll still be getting a 300ft decent so I'll be satisfied

I'll be over with @DiamondBanshee ready to be stoned

I'm right there with you man. The KI Giga didn't end up being everything we hoped and dreamed it might be (as far as length and height are concerned) but F it, this is a time to be happy. Kings Island is getting the biggest coaster it's had in a while, might as well bask in the hype and get excited.

2 hours ago, JCoaster25 said:

Looking forward to seeing your work! But just for fun I figured I'd post a POV of my take on our giga.

Enjoy everyone! =)

Awesome work! Love the detail on the station and the fact you can see the other rides around.

• Like 3

5 hours ago, Jallie79 said:

Going ot on a limb here but what if,  and a huge what if,  the heights we're seeing on these prints aren't actually track heights but conduit or junction boxes.   Honestly haven't had a chance to really look at the prints closely. 

Fair question. Same question ran thru my mind soon after first seeing the prints. 

At all points marked 'bottom', there is indication of electrical work going on, for something called "low gate prox switch". These are prox switches on fence gates surrounding all the low points of the ride (telling us the track will be fairly close to the bottom, close enough that each low point has its own surrounding fenced-off area). This point didn't support my argument, but the next one does. 

At all points marked 'top', there is indication of electrical work going on, for something called "DMX lighting". These are ground-based lights that'll be used to shine upwards and highlight the upper portions of track and supports. They're ground-based because if a light ever goes out, or needs to be calibrated, or serviced in any way, KI would not want to go up 100'+ just to fix a light, so these will be ground-based. And yet, all 'top' portions of track are marked despite not having any electrical work up there. 

Also, these drawings are made in an AutoCAD software. These programs allow the drafter to turn on and off certain 'layers'. One layer may be electrical, one layer plumbing, one layer concrete work, etc. I think what we're seeing here is the primary layer (layout, basic info, footings) and the electrical layer. There's some things in these recent blueprints that may be supplemental info and not necessarily needed for the electrical work. 

• Like 6

8 hours ago, SonofBaconator said:

The more I think of this, the more I could see this becoming a thing...

Tallest hyper coaster

Only hyper with a 300+ foot drop

That would seem logical. It would be almost ridiculous to not market it this way. I think it could help boost attendance. KI would probably get more people attending the park that usually don't from other states.

• Like 3

32 minutes ago, kirbias1 said:

That would seem logical. It would be almost ridiculous to not market it this way. I think it could help boost attendance. KI would probably get more people attending the park that usually don't from other states.

May be marketed as the first hyper-giga coaster. To the GP, that'll sound way cooler than just either "hyper" or "giga". 

• Like 6

31 minutes ago, kirbias1 said:

The words 'hyper' and 'giga' mean absolutely nothing to 99.99999% of the people that visit KI. We have to remember that an incredibly small portion of the park going (or potential park going) population looks at these things the way a lot of us do. 

Enthusiasts will choose to visit (or not) based on the finished product, not the words used to describe it. A 300 foot drop is plenty to market this ride around.  

• Like 6

Just now, thekidd33 said:

The words 'hyper' and 'giga' mean absolutely nothing to 99.99999% of the people that visit KI. We have to remember that an incredibly small portion of the park going (or potential park going) population looks at these things the way a lot of us do. 

Enthusiasts will choose to visit (or not) based on the finished product, not the words used to describe it. A 300 foot drop is plenty to market this ride around.  

I disagree. The GP will not know exactly what those terms mean, but they will know it's a record breaker of some kind and that is enough to get more people into the park. 

• Like 5

12 hours ago, KIghostguy said:

Does Vortex affect The Beast’s night rides? WindSeeker? Diamondback? I’m not expecting this to significantly affect it.

Vortex, WindSeeker and DB are not in The Beast’s line of sight except for at the top of the second lift. And they are thousands of feet away anyway. This will be directly ahead of you on The Beast after you make the turn out of the first drop, and will tower above the tree line. People on this thread were riding The Beast to see the the early stages of land clearing over there. If they could see tree removal, you’ll be able to see this turn-around. I still can’t wrap my brain around why they would take this ride anywhere near The Beast considering how much land they have and how many other options are available to them, but I’m sure they know something I don’t know... 

• Like 7

Something I’ve been thinking about in terms of overall track length. 

It could be possible the ride is short due to consideration of ride capacity. 

If the trains are carrying 32 people at max, this thing could be a people eater, offering a lot of rides in the span of an hour. 

This has been a focus point in the past. See: Diamondback and Banshee. 

• Like 3

54 minutes ago, BringBackOurEagles said:

Vortex, WindSeeker and DB are not in The Beast’s line of sight except for at the top of the second lift. And they are thousands of feet away anyway. This will be directly ahead of you on The Beast after you make the turn out of the first drop, and will tower above the tree line. People on this thread were riding The Beast to see the the early stages of land clearing over there. If they could see tree removal, you’ll be able to see this turn-around. I still can’t wrap my brain around why they would take this ride anywhere near The Beast considering how much land they have and how many other options are available to them, but I’m sure they know something I don’t know... 

Vortex comes really close to the station and lift. Diamondback “towers above the tree line” in multiple spots. This is not going to affect the ride experience.

• Like 7

2 hours ago, BSBMX said:

Fair question. Same question ran thru my mind soon after first seeing the prints. 

At all points marked 'bottom', there is indication of electrical work going on, for something called "low gate prox switch". These are prox switches on fence gates surrounding all the low points of the ride (telling us the track will be fairly close to the bottom, close enough that each low point has its own surrounding fenced-off area). This point didn't support my argument, but the next one does. 

At all points marked 'top', there is indication of electrical work going on, for something called "DMX lighting". These are ground-based lights that'll be used to shine upwards and highlight the upper portions of track and supports. They're ground-based because if a light ever goes out, or needs to be calibrated, or serviced in any way, KI would not want to go up 100'+ just to fix a light, so these will be ground-based. And yet, all 'top' portions of track are marked despite not having any electrical work up there. 

Also, these drawings are made in an AutoCAD software. These programs allow the drafter to turn on and off certain 'layers'. One layer may be electrical, one layer plumbing, one layer concrete work, etc. I think what we're seeing here is the primary layer (layout, basic info, footings) and the electrical layer. There's some things in these recent blueprints that may be supplemental info and not necessarily needed for the electrical work. 

Thanks for the reply.  Didn't think of that when that thought popped in my head. Lol. Makes 100% sense.

1 hour ago, BringBackOurEagles said:

...This will be directly ahead of you on The Beast after you make the turn out of the first drop, and will tower above the tree line. People on this thread were riding The Beast to see the the early stages of land clearing over there...

When people were checking out the clearing it was still early. I don't believe all the leaves had come on all the trees yet. I think that could make a difference. Haven't had a chance to make it back down since opening day so this is just a guess. I've honestly never noticed DB, except from the second lift, while riding. Think I was just to wrapped up in the ride itself. Lol

• Like 2

1 hour ago, BringBackOurEagles said:

Just for sheets 'n giggles, I wanted to see what the distances were. The best overhead blueprint of the largest area I could find was actually the leaked blueprint from weeks ago (the recent blueprints do not show Vortex), and even this doesn't give us the full picture, but I think it's good enough.

Dropping in the leaked blueprint and scaling the new coaster to now-known sizes gives the below distances. Note that this is first straight section and brake section on Beast (the station and both lifts are closer, but just out of the picture). The closest Beast gets to the new coaster (track-to-track) is about 121' as I previously stated, but The Racer is closer at about 97'. The Beast's straight section is ~750' from both The Vortex lift and WindSeeker's tower.

beast distance.jpg

• Like 2

11 hours ago, refrigerator said:

Even though there are complete blue prints for this new ride, I think it is pretty interesting that no one knows the length, no one knows the height, no one knows the speed, no one knows the angle of descent. Sure people might be close but no one knows exactly.

Should make for an exciting announcement.

We do know the height. Those other things aren't going to be on blueprints. Blueprints aren't used to tell people about the ride. It's to tell the people building it what they need to know to build it. 

10 hours ago, arrold said:

We'll definitely see this as the season goes on. But with a coaster this big and visible, the construction alone will be hype enough. I'm sure we'll get plenty cryptic social media posts in the months to come.

We really won't see the height of this thing during the season. Maybe September or October they will be on the lift hill, but even thats not certain.

1 hour ago, RollerColt said:

Something I’ve been thinking about in terms of overall track length. 

It could be possible the ride is short due to consideration of ride capacity. 

If the trains are carrying 32 people at max, this thing could be a people eater, offering a lot of rides in the span of an hour. 

This has been a focus point in the past. See: Diamondback and Banshee. 

Capacity is a product of how quickly guests leave the station more than length of ride. I'm sure someone else on here knows the average time for a train to enter a station, remove guests, reload, and leave the station. But the recreations look like around 2 minute for the train to leave the station and run the course. That would be mean they need a train to leave the station every 1 minute to run at peak capacity. I think they are going to stack trains because that seems really quick. 

• Like 4
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 1

8 hours ago, JCoaster25 said:

@DustinTheNow Looking forward to seeing your work! But just for fun I figured I'd post a POV of my take on our giga.

Enjoy everyone! =)

Great job with this. This is the closest one I've seen to correctly hitting the banking transitions. Others have been too snappy or too drawn out. Seeing the other rides near by is neat too to see the perspective of things.

• Like 7

4 minutes ago, fryoj said:

Capacity is a product of how quickly guests leave the station more than length of ride. I'm sure someone else on here knows the average time for a train to enter a station, remove guests, reload, and leave the station. But the recreations look like around 2 minute for the train to leave the station and run the course. That would be mean they need a train to leave the station every 1 minute to run at peak capacity. I think they are going to stack trains because that seems really quick. 

Agreed, that was another thing I was wondering about to be honest. The crew is going to have to be very efficient for it all to work. 

• Like 3

9 hours ago, JCoaster25 said:

Enjoy everyone! =)

That was really well done, I only wish there was a VR version.

Flying by all those trees in the back, The Racer, and through the supports makes this feel so fast. One of my few complaints about Fury is the openness of it. I love how tight the space gets in the back end.

edit: and now that I'm looking even more closely, every time this coaster valleys out it's among trees, except for right after the speed hill, post turn around where it's weaving through the supports. Last pictures I saw showed there were still trees standing where the ride bottoms out right before the helix also, which weren't in the video.

• Like 3

18 minutes ago, fryoj said:

Any Fury or Levi operators on here? That'll be the closest comparison. Same train size/layout, same 'pressure' to get the trains out quickly.

• Like 3

• malem locked this topic