Decoding 2020

fryoj

DustinTheNow, I think you have come up with better color schemes than the park will end up giving us!

I especially like the dark blue and light blue colored track and the black and red colored track... keep up the good work!

• Like 5
  • Thanks 2

8 minutes ago, BSBMX said:

Looks similar to one of these fabric-lined structures. On the closest-left of that concrete pad, there are some electric runs coming out of the ground, which tells me this is more than just a simple storage structure. 

Craftsman electric trenched from an area near Adventure Express to put those conduit runs in.  Their excavator is still just out of frame.

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, BSBMX said:

Looks similar to one of these fabric-lined structures. On the closest-left of that concrete pad, there are some electric runs coming out of the ground, which tells me this is more than just a simple storage structure. 

https://alaskastructures.com/foundation-options-fabric-buildings/

The electric is odd. Theres 7 smaller conduits coming up, and no obvious spots that they come back up. If they were just supplying electric from somewhere else, there'd likely just be one conduit coming up. Regardless what the purpose of the building, it was going to have electric for lights. These multiple conduits are odd though, unless they are coming up elsewhere on the pad and they just can't be seen in the pic. 

Stranger is how they have indentations at the ends of the concrete pad. Looks like 4 on each end and they likely line up. That suggests the building has a specific purpose beyond just storage.

• Like 3

17 minutes ago, BSBMX said:

https://alaskastructures.com/foundation-options-fabric-buildings/

086058D8-CD92-4ACD-A791-930853C809FB.png

9447CFE1-C495-4600-9E22-B73383E01CEB.jpeg

For some reason, these structures scream X-Base to me, and because it looks as if they would fit in with the theme, I am thinking the building is more than just storage. Why would they build something that looks like that just to store some things in?

• Like 6

Could it be a new off-season maintenance shed for AE? Looks like AE's transfer track (where I believe they add and remove trains, yellow below) is awfully close to this new concrete pad (estimated red below). 

75A48DF6-EBB1-4151-A689-2CCCD8084819.jpeg

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, BSBMX said:

Could it be a new off-season maintenance shed for AE? Looks like AE's transfer track (where I believe they add and remove trains, yellow below) is awfully close to this new concrete pad (estimated red below). 

75A48DF6-EBB1-4151-A689-2CCCD8084819.jpeg

Maybe @pkiridesmaint could give us insight on wether that’d be necessary? I don’t think they’d build an entire building for just one ride. 

• Like 3

14 minutes ago, BSBMX said:

The pad is actually SW of your square. Compare the curve in that road in the latest pic. But I have doubts about it being a maintenance building. They do a lot of that stuff offseason, and those tent type buildings aren't really that easy to heat. I'm leaning more towards storage or something to do with the carnivale. 

• Like 2

I really like @ethancoaster‘s rendering mostly because the elements on them return trip looks way better/cooler than other recreations I’ve seen thus far.

Also, I got to see the clearing from WindSeeker today and it looks like it may have grown so now it passes beside the fireworks launch pad and goes back further. Also, even though this new coaster seems like it will be close to The Beast, I don’t see it affecting night rides too much (IMO). However, the finished product could be a different story and the new coaster would leave The Beast less secluded.

• Like 5

29 minutes ago, Ben43065 said:

Maybe @pkiridesmaint could give us insight on wether that’d be necessary? I don’t think they’d build an entire building for just one ride. 

I haven’t worked in the park since the paramount days however I’m considering a return. My guess is that it’s going to be a storage facility for grand carnivale. The curved supports posted yesterday are more than likely going to that pad, they look a lot like supports for tension fabric structures like this... 

14B6D154-CC4B-46D9-BBE4-088FB9240ACE.jpeg

• Like 6

2 hours ago, DustinTheNow said:

Sorry for all the posts! EB94B270-2DCB-4512-8B94-7F5834856411.png

How dare you post! Just kidding, you're fine.  I really like the dark blue with the light blue. The biggest star in Orion is those two colors, so I can totally see that. I'd think they would go white supports. Maybe even stick with light blue.

• Like 8

What is the point of this thread anymore? Someone already created a thread called “Decoded 2020,” so why are people still trying to decode Project X?

Edit: Looks like the thread was taken down. It must have had too many juicy details on Project X!

I am joking...

• Like 3
  • Haha 2

4 minutes ago, FUN&ONLY! said:

What is the point of this thread anymore? Someone already created a thread called “Decoded 2020,” so why are people still trying to decode Project X?

Edit: Looks like the thread was taken down. It must have had too many juicy details on Project X!

I am joking...

He couldn't provide a source. 

• Like 2

I watched a Guy pick up a Chicken in the kids animal zoo and it got a little rowdy for him and he dropped it... though it said don't pick up the animals.. now what
You've cracked this decoding thread wide open... the coaster is actually themed to a chicken that joined the airforce but was too scared of heights... hence not making it to 300 feet

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

• Like 2
  • Haha 3

12 minutes ago, FUN&ONLY! said:

I am joking...

It seems like he made a new thread called "Buy your documents now"

• Like 2
  • Haha 3

34 minutes ago, pkiridesmaint said:

I doubt it if it’s considered temporary, they’ll probably take the tent down after use and keep the pad for future use

If it is for storage, wouldn’t you think that they would keep it up year-round. Where are they going to put the floats when the tent is taken down?

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, FUN&ONLY! said:

If it is for storage, wouldn’t you think that they would keep it up year-round. Where are they going to put the floats when the tent is taken down?

I’m thinking this festival will be rotated throughout the entire chain, I would not be surprised if next year we get the monster trucks and Cedar Point (Or some other park) get’s Grand Carnival 

• Like 3

• malem locked this topic