Decoding 2020

fryoj

3 minutes ago, Hawaiian Coasters 325 said:

I don't know much about construction, but it looks like a footer or something was dug where I marked.

Footers being dug.jpg

It's capped rebar (example below). There's some more just to the left of your circle. Can't say concrete has been poured yet, but there's definitely some rebar in the ground.

rebar.jpg

• Like 3

15 minutes ago, SonofBaconator said:

Why do we still have the FH trains? Are they not compatible with Nighthawk or are they keeping them out of nostalgia?

I'd imagine that if they are needed for parts, that the parts needed would be shipped rather than the entire trains. I'd imagine those things would be stupid expensive to ship across the country.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, homestar92 said:

I'd imagine that if they are needed for parts, that the parts needed would be shipped rather than the entire trains. I'd imagine those things would be stupid expensive to ship across the country.

That's probably the most likely scenario, hell weren't the king cobra trains kept for a couple years too?

19 minutes ago, ethancoaster said:

Has anyone already seen this POV of this new Chinese hyper? The layout seems really similar to the proposed giga:

Why do I feel like I’m listening to the soundtrack of Bloodsport in the background?  Going way back with that one...willing to bet most young people have no clue what I’m talking about ha

• Like 2

46 minutes ago, ethancoaster said:

Has anyone already seen this POV of this new Chinese hyper? The layout seems really similar to the proposed giga:

I saw that too! It looks like it packs quite a punch for not even being over 200 feet. I think it is 164 feet tall to be exact, and it looks better than most of the actual B&M hypers. Some people need to understand that height is not everything. Maybe our giga that is not actually 300 feet tall will be better than most of the other gigas?

• Like 4

57 minutes ago, LovinMeSomeBanshee said:

Footers will take quite a bit of time to cure, right?  Don't they give them 3 months?

7 days... max. Most concrete is ok to build on after 3. By the time they're done digging the last few around the station area, the first ones will be ready.  When MT went up, they were pouring footers and building on them 3 days later... as witnessed on the cam.

• Like 5

Not sure where you guys are getting 3 months, or 28 days for concrete to cure. Firstly, Concrete never fully cures, It keeps curing forever. The 28 day thing is a myth and comes from concrete testing procedures where test cylinders need 28 days to cure before testing (and again that also varies with the mix). Mind you, a lot of smaller concrete skyscrapers are built 1 floor a day. If they needed 28 days between floors it would take... 28 times longer to build buildings. One World Trade Center went up at a rate of one floor every 6 days. In 28 days there was 4 new floors on top of concrete poured 28 days before, which was supporting A LOT more weight than these footers that have to hold up ~2000lbs of steel. 

• Like 7

5 hours ago, Shaggy said:

In my experience, 3D technology has never worked.  My eyes do not see the dimension - no matter movie, ride, various glasses etc.  It all simply looks like a blurry  double exposure to me. 

This has been my experience with 3D. I hate when it is tacked onto IMAX, an otherwise incredible theatrical experience hindered by a subpar novelty. However, I did enjoy the D-BOX/motion simulator on Days of Thunder and I would like Action Theater to house some kind of permanent attraction beyond Urgent Scare. 

• Like 3

Ok here it is! Full layout based on blue print layout, high and low points, and supports! I was a little creative with the two turn arounds (reverse treble clef and ampersand / Apollo’s chariot helix) however this is most likely what our Giga will look like! 873BE184-2150-40FA-B936-DE49846C2EAE.png

• Like 33

• malem locked this topic