Decoding 2020

fryoj

Just now, aj74205 said:

Yeah, from the top down...a lot of things look straight. That section is a speed hill followed by a large airtime hill, m'kay :rolleyes: 

Yeah, I've got blueprints and know how to read them. Still. Straight. 

• Like 3
  • Sad 1

2 minutes ago, Ben43065 said:

The blueprints also show where the spine of the track is, which does indeed Show if the track is curved.... the track is straight the section you’re referring too.

The track is unbanked, not straight. 

• Like 1

I'm thinking around 2023-2025 is when we'll get our next coaster. I've thought about many things. I'm right now thinking either ground up RMC or a Mack Double launch. But I would look for it to be more closer to 2025 than 2023 because this giga is such a large investment. 

19 minutes ago, refrigerator said:

There was a 5 year gap between Diamondback and Banshee.

Part of me thinks the recession had something to do with it. Then again, Carowinds went 5 years between Intimidator and Fury. 

25 minutes ago, Phantom Theater said:

I only shorten it to that because everyone else does haha. I am talking about the part I circled here:

asrdgh.jpg

I don't think that'll be a straight section of track. I think maybe that is a banked turn into the speed hill. Kind of a reverse of Leviathan's where it pops up and curves down. With this one it curves up and pops. 

• Like 4

44 minutes ago, aj74205 said:

Levi is my boyfriend's name and I don't think I like it that people are shortening Leviathan to Levi, lol. 

We are sorry that Leviathan was shortened to Levi. We promise not to call it Levi again, and if we do still call it Levi, then you can yell at us for calling it Levi.

Tell you boyfriend that we said "Hi Leviathan." :ph34r:

• Like 3
  • Haha 3

1 hour ago, Hawaiian Coasters 325 said:

I'm thinking around 2023-2025 is when we'll get our next coaster. I've thought about many things. I'm right now thinking either ground up RMC or a Mack Double launch. But I would look for it to be more closer to 2025 than 2023 because this giga is such a large investment. 

Part of me thinks the recession had something to do with it. Then again, Carowinds went 5 years between Intimidator and Fury. 

I don't think that'll be a straight section of track. I think maybe that is a banked turn into the speed hill. Kind of a reverse of Leviathan's where it pops up and curves down. With this one it curves up and pops. 

Right. This is a near exact reverse of the leviathan speed hump. It s-curves out of the turnaround (which will be super fun going 75+ mph) and then transitions into the the speed hump. It’s a really epic (yet smooth) transition if you ask me!

• Like 6

DustinTheNow, I am really starting to like the layout of Kings Island’s 2020 giga based off of your design. If the actual coaster is anything close to your No Limits 2 design, I think we are all in for a treat! On a side note, do you know when Amusement Insiders will upload that POV?

• Like 3

4 hours ago, DustinTheNow said:

Ok here it is! Full layout based on blue print layout, high and low points, and supports! I was a little creative with the two turn arounds (reverse treble clef and ampersand / Apollo’s chariot helix) however this is most likely what our Giga will look like! 873BE184-2150-40FA-B936-DE49846C2EAE.png

Hi! Just to add on to the discussion of the layout, here’s some interesting stats I gathered from my no limits concept! — Enjoy!

Speed: 92 mph

Drop: 301 ft

Height: 296 ft

Drop to Break: 58 seconds 

Length of Track: 5,440 ft

Airtime Moments: 7

Max G’s: +4.25 (Pullout of First Drop) | -1.1 (Speedhump) 

• Like 13

19 minutes ago, FUN&ONLY! said:

DustinTheNow, I am really starting to like the layout of Kings Island’s 2020 giga based off of your design. If the actual coaster is anything close to your No Limits 2 design, I think we are all in for a treat! On a side note, do you know when Amusement Insiders will upload that POV?

Thanks! It really is! I think B&M knocked it out of the park with this one, given the budget and space.

And the timing is on me actually. I’m working hard to edit and piece together a cinematic video worthy of such a momentous project! When it’s finally done and out, I think you won’t be disappointed! 

• Like 11

Just now, DustinTheNow said:

Thanks! It really is! I think B&M knocked it out of the park with this one, given the budget and space.

And the timing is on me actually. I’m working hard to edit and peice together a cinematic video worthy of such a momentous project! When it’s finally done and out, I think you won’t be disappointed! 

Thanks for taking the time to do this! I know that I am not the only one looking forward to see what you have produced! At this point, I don’t know who’s not looking forward to it!

• Like 7
  • Thanks 1

I’m definitely hoping for a Maverick/Copperhead strike style coaster. Not sure if they’re the same style/manufacturer but they seem like it to me. Would love to see it in place of Congo falls and Timberwolf. Sorry for getting so off topic!! 

Vekoma could also do one. Their European rides are lookin pretty great.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

5 hours ago, SonofBaconator said:

Changing the topic to names, which ever name PR hints at the most is the least likely to happen. KI heavily hinted at the new 2014 coaster being The Bat and 2017 being Splintercat when instead we got Banshee and Mystic Timbers. 

They did “accidentally” release the page about The Bat before Banshee.

However, I was an intensely interested party while Mystic Timbers was being teased and built, very active in the park, following their social media, watching for registered trademarks, etc and there was zero indication from the park they were going to use Splintercat.  

It was a pet theory floated by someone on the KIC boards in response to the “watch for falling trees” teasers but had no other basis in anything the park released. It wasn’t even anything the park nodded at as a joke after seeing the theory (like they made an oblique reference to the “5 is Alive” diehards by bringing out an antique car with a number 5 license plate to that announcement).

I’m not saying it wouldn’t have been a cool idea, but it came from a fan’s imagination and research on North American legendary creatures, not the park.

• Like 3

5 hours ago, Magenta Lizard said:

They did “accidentally” release the page about The Bat before Banshee.

However, I was an intensely interested party while Mystic Timbers was being teased and built, very active in the park, following their social media, watching for registered trademarks, etc and there was zero indication from the park they were going to use Splintercat.  

It was a pet theory floated by someone on the KIC boards in response to the “watch for falling trees” teasers but had no other basis in anything the park released. It wasn’t even anything the park nodded at as a joke after seeing the theory (like they made an oblique reference to the “5 is Alive” diehards by bringing out an antique car with a number 5 license plate to that announcement).

I’m not saying it wouldn’t have been a cool idea, but it came from a fan’s imagination and research on North American legendary creatures, not the park.

Actually, Don posted pictures of a Splintercat on his Twitter, which added fuel to the fan-led fire for the name. 

• Like 5

8 hours ago, DustinTheNow said:

Hi! Just to add on to the discussion of the layout, here’s some interesting stats I gathered from my no limits concept! — Enjoy!

If this ends up being the case, length wise we are between I305 and Leviathan. So we aren't going to have the shortest track length. We also would be faster than I305. 

Also @DustinTheNow when should we expect a POV of this thing??

• Like 4

10 hours ago, DustinTheNow said:

If we still were naming rides with movie titles it could be “Gone in 60 Seconds”

• Like 4
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Hawaiian Coasters 325 said:

Found this on YouTube. This is from Diamondback construction and it shows that track pieces arrived on site before the announcement. I wonder if that'll happen this year. 

Is the kid from 1:10 in on the current speculation?

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

6 minutes ago, Waltny said:

Is the kid from 1:10 in on the current speculation?

400 feet up in the air and then come back down to go 220 MPH? Suddenly, I'm in a place in my head where we need to talk to some of these coaster companies to see if any would be interested in doing a coaster that has a LIM launch all the way down the first drop. I think we can make 220 MPH happen that way.... I'd ride it. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

Kings Island's coaster projects sure do get plenty of attention from local news, seems more than would be typical other areas.

It's highly likely there will be track on site before an announcement. They should start painting Project X track at Clermont Steel before too long! Interestingly, Kings Island's B&M coasters have the shortest distance to travel from creation to construction of any in the world.

• Like 6

1 minute ago, aj74205 said:

Kings Island's coaster projects sure do get plenty of attention from local news, seems more than would be typical other areas.

It's highly likely there will be track on site before an announcement. They should start painting Project X track at Clermont Steel before too long! Interestingly, Kings Island's B&M coasters have the shortest distance to travel from creation to construction of any in the world.

They got Prime account with that same-day shipping from CSF.

• Like 4
  • Haha 8

11 hours ago, aj74205 said:

Kings Island's B&M coasters have the shortest distance to travel from creation to construction of any in the world.

If somehow, Coney Island ever purchased a B&M, that would no longer be true. I realize this will never happen in a million years, but I just thought it was worth pointing out that it is a record that is possible to break.

• Like 3

^Tallest, Fastest, and Longest giga is also a record that is very possible to break. Just because it can be broken, doesn’t mean it will be broken, so it will stand until we are proven wrong...

DB, who just couldn’t resist

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 3

12 hours ago, DustinTheNow said:

I don't think it'll have 7 airtime moments, that's nearly as much as Diamondback. Also, I'd love to see the speed hill have -1.1G's but knowing B&M, it won't be that intense, it'll probably be strong floater especially since this one is higher and will be taken at a slower clip than Levi unless it's a tight apex. Other than that, looks like a very solid ride, I'd still rank Levi and Fury higher since they have more elements but this will be the best Giga in the state and it should easily be a top 15-20 coaster worldwide. 

• Like 3

Edit: Forgot to quote, but this was in response to homestar92:

This is true, lol, maybe a nice junior hyper around the pond? I didn't even realize the history of Ohio's Coney Island originating Kings Island, moving to the Kings Mills area to avoid flooding on the Ohio river. That was a nice slice of history to read up on.  

Also, as far as Project X versus Leviathan, they're going to have a very similar length and duration. If Leviathan has an extra element then it's just a turn into the weaker of its two airtime hills after the turnaround. Leviathan's first half is great, the second half is weak. Fury starts strong and finishes strong, but from the treble clef to the helix it's a bit weak. The more I pore over its layout, the more optimistic I am that Project X will be consistent throughout - short but sweet with a finishing element that recalls Fury's treble clef.

Edited by aj74205
  • Like 5

5 hours ago, TheBEASTunchained said:

Actually, Don posted pictures of a Splintercat on his Twitter, which added fuel to the fan-led fire for the name. 

Which confirmed that it wouldn't be splintercat.

1 hour ago, aj74205 said:

The painted supports for Banshee's storage shed started showing up in May at CSF. No track showed up at KI until after the announcement in August. It's almost June and we've not seen any painted track unless it's going to be gray. Don't expect the timeline for this coaster to be increased rapidly. 

• Like 5

4 hours ago, Hawaiian Coasters 325 said:

If this ends up being the case, length wise we are between I305 and Leviathan. So we aren't going to have the shortest track length. We also would be faster than I305. 

Also @DustinTheNow when should we expect a POV of this thing??

Amusement Insiders should be posting in the next 24 hours! I promise it will be worth the wait! If you haven’t subscribed already, be sure to do so!

• Like 9
  • Thanks 5

• malem locked this topic