Decoding 2020

fryoj

2 minutes ago, fryoj said:

The painted supports for Banshee's storage shed started showing up in May at CSF. No track showed up at KI until after the announcement in August. It's almost June and we've not seen any painted track unless it's going to be gray. Don't expect the timeline for this coaster to be increased rapidly. 

Diamondback had track on site before announcement, could go either way.  If the gray isn't primer it'd be a shame, I'm quite fond of @DustinTheNow 's color scheme.

• Like 7

1 minute ago, thatguyfromohio said:

At KI before I leave for Carowinds in the morning, anything you guys want pics of?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Few images of the construction site, where they're digging holes, and anywhere else if anything new is going on. Zoomed out and zoomed in, if you can. Thanks!

At KI before I leave for Carowinds in the morning, anything you guys want pics of?

Yes get pictures from the Eifel tower of any work going on. Try to zoom as much as possible

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, Diamondbackfanatic said:

The silence is kind of startling.  What's going on at the construction site today? we wanna hear from those of you at the park. 

It's finished...the 50 stall bathroom for Xbase we all wanted has been completed. Happy 2020

• Like 5
  • Haha 7

3 hours ago, MIAParkman said:

I don't think it'll have 7 airtime moments, that's nearly as much as Diamondback. Also, I'd love to see the speed hill have -1.1G's but knowing B&M, it won't be that intense, it'll probably be strong floater especially since this one is higher and will be taken at a slower clip than Levi unless it's a tight apex. Other than that, looks like a very solid ride, I'd still rank Levi and Fury higher since they have more elements but this will be the best Giga in the state and it should easily be a top 15-20 coaster worldwide. 

Yes. I wouldn’t get my hopes up for this being super intense like a lot of people are saying. I think people will be disappointed that way when it turns out to be your standard B&M experience (which is very good, btw)

I think this will be very similar to Leviathan. Like a slightly bigger and faster Diamondback basically

• Like 5

Things won't be too exciting until announcement and vertical construction. We'll get to see that big wonky base footer for the lift hill, that's about it.

People definitely questioned Cedar Fair when they chose to build Leviathan in a park with a B&M hyper already, but those rides are pretty distinct from one another experience wise. Leviathan emphasizes speed and overbanks, Behemoth is a floater airtime machine. The staggered seating and difference in train length also makes for distinct experiences on each. Project X will not just be a slightly bigger Diamondback, but it won't be Intimidator 305 either. It will be very similar to Leviathan as far as scale and drop, but I think with better elements and pacing.

Also, shady lift height issues aside, a 301' drop is *significantly* larger than a 215' drop.

• Like 11

4 hours ago, MIAParkman said:

I don't think it'll have 7 airtime moments, that's nearly as much as Diamondback. Also, I'd love to see the speed hill have -1.1G's but knowing B&M, it won't be that intense, it'll probably be strong floater especially since this one is higher and will be taken at a slower clip than Levi unless it's a tight apex. Other than that, looks like a very solid ride, I'd still rank Levi and Fury higher since they have more elements but this will be the best Giga in the state and it should easily be a top 15-20 coaster worldwide. 

Yeah there’s 7 airtime moments. First Drop, sideways airtime on the Stengel dive, airtime on the reverse treble clef, both the airtime hills, and on the last turn around and just before entering the breakrun. 

• Like 5

6 hours ago, lifetimecoaster said:

400 feet up in the air and then come back down to go 220 MPH? Suddenly, I'm in a place in my head where we need to talk to some of these coaster companies to see if any would be interested in doing a coaster that has a LIM launch all the way down the first drop. I think we can make 220 MPH happen that way.... I'd ride it. 

They could name it YEET! The Ride! :lol: That downwards launch would be sick!

EDIT: It would basically be like a Roller Coaster Tycoon coaster on steroids!

EDIT2: In other news, Coney could get a B&M Family Invert someday...

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

7 hours ago, lifetimecoaster said:

400 feet up in the air and then come back down to go 220 MPH? Suddenly, I'm in a place in my head where we need to talk to some of these coaster companies to see if any would be interested in doing a coaster that has a LIM launch all the way down the first drop. I think we can make 220 MPH happen that way.... I'd ride it. 

They could even have a chiropractor/first aid kiosk right next to where you buy your on-ride photo:blink:

• Like 3

.. just like the good ol’ days!

Fun Fact: Back in like the 20’s they did actually have first aid by some of the more extreme wooden coasters (one of those extreme coasters was the Crystal Beach Cyclone, however, I’m not sure if it actually had a First Aid Station at the exit- but I’d imagine it did.)

• Like 1

22 hours ago, refrigerator said:

I don’t think there is a chance that Kings Island gets another coaster that quickly after this Giga is built. 2025 seems much more likely when the next coaster would come than 2022, to me at least. There was a 5 year gap between Diamondback and Banshee.

Guest have been/ are spoiled in the fact that 3 major coasters will be installed in the last 6 years. How many other parks have done that? I can only think of a few.

Yeah I don't think we'll get a coaster for our 50th. Cedar Point likely isn't getting anything for their 150th anniversary.

• Like 3

10 minutes ago, collin.klopfstein said:

Am I just stupid and don’t know what’s going on or is this an announcement 

You're right---it is in fact an announcement. An announcement that has nothing to do with Decoding 2020.

• Like 3

5 hours ago, RuthlessAirtime said:

Yes. I wouldn’t get my hopes up for this being super intense like a lot of people are saying. I think people will be disappointed that way when it turns out to be your standard B&M experience (which is very good, btw)

I think this will be very similar to Leviathan. Like a slightly bigger and faster Diamondback basically

If it's anything close to Leviathan, the park has a real winner. That ride is the most underrated Giga out there and showed that B&M was finally willing to push their limits (after strong convincing haha). Considering Levi still reaches nearly 60mph when reaching the 2nd cammelback hill, I'm sure this will do the exact same. Let's just hope the trim on the large hill is light, cause if it's on like normal B&M trims, the ending will be meh. 

• Like 5

14 minutes ago, MIAParkman said:

If it's anything close to Leviathan, the park has a real winner. That ride is the most underrated Giga out there and showed that B&M was finally willing to push their limits (after strong convincing haha). Considering Levi still reaches nearly 60mph when reaching the 2nd cammelback hill, I'm sure this will do the exact same. Let's just hope the trim on the large hill is light, cause if it's on like normal B&M trims, the ending will be meh. 

The only trim is on the last hill before the helix.

• Like 2

Speaking of trims, I remember Banshee had one for a little while after it opened before it was taken off. Does anyone here know the reason why it was taken off? I would think it would be strange for KI to just have it taken off to make it go through the second half faster as trims are usually in place for a reason. Even if they were to consult B&M about having it removed, it still seems odd to do so unless there was a greater reason.

The only reason I bring this up is the possibility of the same thing happening to this trim at some point. While I don’t think it will be removed, it is a possibility.

• Like 2

• malem locked this topic