Decoding 2020

fryoj

7 minutes ago, DiamondBanshee said:

Speaking of trims, I remember Banshee had one for a little while after it opened before it was taken off. Does anyone here know the reason why it was taken off? I would think it would be strange for KI to just have it taken off to make it go through the second half faster as trims are usually in place for a reason. Even if they were to consult B&M about having it removed, it still seems odd to do so unless there was a greater reason.

The only reason I bring this up is the possibility of the same thing happening to this trim at some point. While I don’t think it will be removed, it is a possibility.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Might have had to do with as slow as it takes that last inversion. 

• Like 3

6 hours ago, DiamondBanshee said:

Speaking of trims, I remember Banshee had one for a little while after it opened before it was taken off. Does anyone here know the reason why it was taken off? I would think it would be strange for KI to just have it taken off to make it go through the second half faster as trims are usually in place for a reason. Even if they were to consult B&M about having it removed, it still seems odd to do so unless there was a greater reason.

The only reason I bring this up is the possibility of the same thing happening to this trim at some point. While I don’t think it will be removed, it is a possibility.

From what a friend that works in ride opperations  told me is that the trim brake was used only if the ride sensors indicate that the ride was going to fast before that point (easy to do as it was a magnetic brake) and that it was rearly used. Apparently it was removed and replaced one that had failed on DB, although I'm not 100% sure on that part.

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, Number5IsAlive said:

Airtime is one of my favorite ride elements, so having a trim on such a potentially nice airtime hill has me worried.

I think almost all B&Ms nowadays have at least one trim, including all the hyper coasters. This new one shouldn't be any different. The trim will set the speed of the train to what it's designed for, if it's going too fast. You'll still get some air after the trim, don't worry about that.

• Like 3

26 minutes ago, BSBMX said:

I think almost all B&Ms nowadays have at least one trim, including all the hyper coasters. This new one shouldn't be any different. The trim will set the speed of the train to what it's designed for, if it's going too fast. You'll still get some air after the trim, don't worry about that.

First off, I will decide whether to worry or not on my own accord.  Thanks for the assurance though..

It's more about the location of the trim that might rub me the wrong way. Some enthusiasts seem to complain about every MCBR or trim. I am not one of those people ;)

• Like 4

Just now, Banding Banshee said:

In a matter of ten minutes two concrete truck have gone into ki. Possibly pooring footers/footings today?

You have 100% better visibility than I do, but my guess is they're pouring the piers, not footings (piers being the ~10-30' deep concrete/rebar underground sections).

For the footings, they'll need the piers completed first and 'molds' around those piers for the footings to be poured into, with above-ground rebar and anchor bolts set to accept the support columns.

• Like 6

2 hours ago, BSBMX said:

You have 100% better visibility than I do, but my guess is they're pouring the piers, not footings (piers being the ~10-30' deep concrete/rebar underground sections).

For the footings, they'll need the piers completed first and 'molds' around those piers for the footings to be poured into, with above-ground rebar and anchor bolts set to accept the support columns.

That is what I meant lol. I used the wrong word

• Like 1

Everyone has their pair of #coastershorts

I’m looking for the perfect pair of coaster shorts. My pair (lightweight dry fit type, flat zippered pockets) busted a hole in back pocket where I put my wallet.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Sol44 said:

I’m looking for the perfect pair of coaster shorts. My pair (lightweight dry fit type, flat zippered pockets) busted a hole in back pocket where I put my wallet.

https://www.walmart.com/ip/Men-s-Outdoor-Performance-Series-Zip-Cargo-Short/527397832?wmlspartner=wlpa&selectedSellerId=0&adid=22222222227237885993&wl0=&wl1=g&wl2=c&wl3=283896904728&wl4=pla-473871314062&wl5=9016137&wl6=&wl7=&wl8=&wl9=pla&wl10=8175035&wl11=online&wl12=527397832&wl13=&veh=sem&gclid=Cj0KCQjwocPnBRDFARIsAJJcf96CpYFHOOO06Yd_hKL17keIHa93HB7cnE4C_vnIC3SnFQETZ-IDxl8aApltEALw_wcB

I have about every color of these that they offer. Perfect pocket size to hold phone, keys, wallet and even my monstrosity of a vape that I carry zippered up. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

7 minutes ago, Sol44 said:

They are pricey, but the best coaster shorts I have found are prAna stretch zion shorts (you can get them on Amazon). Tough but comfortable, quick drying and breathable, with just the right amount of stretch and in built in belt that actually works, and a a nice zippered pocket to hold the stuff you dont want to loose.

I know this is sort of off topic but I remember Greg Schied mentioning in an interview that it takes about 3 years to plan a coaster roller coaster so theoretically as soon as this coaster opens they'll already be in the planning stage for their next one; assuming the next one comes in 2023 of course.

• Like 4

Just now, SonofBaconator said:

I know this is sort of off topic but I remember Greg Schaad mentioning in an interview that it takes about 3 years to plan a coaster roller coaster so theoretically as soon as this coaster gets released they'll already be in the planning stage for their next one; assuming the next one comes in 2023 of course.

My guess is 2024 will be our next coaster, but I've been wrong before. My guess is an RMC or a Mack double launch. But I could see us getting more B&Ms since the plant is only a few miles away. 

• Like 6

2 minutes ago, glock703 said:

I don’t post often but live near Clermont Steel. Took a pic as I drove by. A lot of brown track outside.

The brown track is for Hershey's 2020 hyper. Don't hesitate to snap pics here and there!

• Like 5
  • Thanks 2

2 minutes ago, Hawaiian Coasters 325 said:

My guess is 2024 will be our next coaster, but I've been wrong before. My guess is an RMC or a Mack double launch. But I could see us getting more B&Ms since the plant is only a few miles away. 

That's not a bad assumption, especially since Mack is expensive and B&M is literally in our own backyard.

However, I don't know what other B&M we could get. A dive coaster seems unlikely since we have one four hours away, the same could be said about a wing coaster. A flying coaster would be funny since we literally just got rid of our flyer. Other than that the other models I didn't list seem highly unlikely. You could argue we could get a floorless to replace Vortex but at that point I would rather us get a T-Rex from RMC instead.

I'm going off topic here cuz there's literally nothing else to decode at this point

• Like 4

A little off topic, but here's a location that I think would be nice for an RMC or something like that. I know it's a stretch, but I could see this area being used in the future. It would require relocating the picnic grove. An upside to this is you would get great views of the coaster from the train and the walkway to Soak City. A zero g stall over the train tracks would be kinda cool imo. I know this is unlikely, but this is an area that caught my attention. Plus it could be another rivertown expansion. The way they could do it is have the entrance in between the log flume and FAAC. I could also see them retheming the log flume back into rivertown since imo it doesn't belong in Planet Snoopy. Plus they could make it hidden like The Beast. 

2019-05-31_13.50.23.jpg

• Like 2

• malem locked this topic