Decoding 2020

fryoj

1 hour ago, DustinTheNow said:

Kings Island Giga No Limits 3D Model Update! I’ve completed the POV, and cinematic off-ride video and Amusement Insiders will post it in the next day or so! I really hope you enjoy the product of almost a month of work! 

I know, I know, this anticipated POV, video can’t come soon enough but to wet your appetite further, here is the Giga Prediction from no limits photoshopped on the land clearing!

3429903D-D6BC-4069-9B59-F44CA2DE2E49.png

Enjoy!

honestly i hope this is the color scheme. its just looks really good. well done!

• Like 5

1 hour ago, DustinTheNow said:

I know, I know, this anticipated POV, video can’t come soon enough but to wet your appetite further, here is the Giga Prediction from no limits photoshopped on the land clearing!

Enjoy!

WOW. That second drop looks AMAZING. That turn around is sick. I cannot wait to see the POV. This coaster is going to rock. 

• Like 4

2 hours ago, DustinTheNow said:

Kings Island Giga No Limits 3D Model Update! I’ve completed the POV, and cinematic off-ride video and Amusement Insiders will post it in the next day or so! I really hope you enjoy the product of almost a month of work! 

Enjoy!

How long until this ends up on WCPO?

• Like 4
  • Haha 7
  • Confused 1

2 hours ago, DiamondBanshee said:

DON’T YOU DARE TOUCH Adventure Express!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The only thing I want to change for AE is to finally fix all of the effects and animations!

• Like 12

10 hours ago, medford said:

Personally, I hope they get a wild mouse and/or a nice mid-height range coaster.  Something that the 44" or 46" crowd can ride, but is still fun for the 48" and above crowd.  That segment of KI has been neglected since FAAC was built (2001).  Something that feels like a set up from Woodstock Express, but doesn't require the height of The Racers, Beast, Vortex, etc.. (or something that someone too afraid for those rides can jump on).

A Gravity Group family woodie would be perfect for this. Thrilling for enthusiasts but with a very low (36" I believe) height requirement so the little ones can ride too. Every park should replace their family PTC with one of these.

• Like 3

10 hours ago, DustinTheNow said:

Enjoy!

Yup, the first three elements are strong and will be intense, and if the speed hill has a tight apex like that, it will probably be the strongest ejector airtime hill B&M has ever created. After that, the next three elements look alright and hopefully it's taken at a fast clip. This ride also takes the record away from Leviathan for longest breakrun too :p

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

20 hours ago, lifetimecoaster said:

Thanks for posting this! Both pairs of my cargo shorts have messed up zippers, and I really need to get new ones. I feel like cargo shorts should be placed in a prominent place on the site as a lot of us use them. Could this be in a central place, @IndyGuy4KI or can there at least be a new thread made?

• Like 4

My pilot/friends mother passed away approximately a month ago, and plane is currently in for its annual inspection. Soon as that is done and wx cooperates, I'm sure we will go up. 
I do plan to see if we can fly over CSF, as well as KI. I do, however, want to fly over Dayton to see some of the storm damage from a couple days ago. 
What type plane is it? Not sure if you mentioned it previously.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

8 minutes ago, shizzzon said:

I dig it, first overbank is a little slower than I thought, same with the turnaround but it still looks fun. The high point of the ride is the speed hill and cammelback and if they are as fast as they are in this POV, then it would provide the strongest airtime on a B&M hyper/Giga model. The overbaked helix and the overbanked turn look alright and then that's it. I also find the apex of the last hill into the breakrun looks a little too steep. In the end, I still think that Levi and Fury will be better but this is a strong ride regardless and noone should complain about it. 

• Like 4

So did anyone else see Seaworld Orlando release a teaser for their new 2020 coaster. Check it out.

It may be warm now... but 2020 will be cold, ice cold! Get ready to take flight on our ALL-NEW COASTER next year! Don't wait, get your Annual Pass now at our new, low rate of $6.99/mo + Down Payment, then enjoy the thrills & chills coming in 2020 (Plus, be among the first to ride & learn all of the details about our 6th coaster at SeaWorld Orlando!) Click here to buy http://spr.ly/6008Emm38

• Haha 3

3429903D-D6BC-4069-9B59-F44CA2DE2E49.thumb.png.e3e9d071256522cbc4c731972679e77d.png

Enjoy!

@DustinTheNow Seen the video on youtube it looks awesome! Great job! Love the colors and makes me even more excited for the ride now! Only thing is I'm team Orion lol. Thanks for all the hard work!

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2

The video looks very interesting, thanks for doing that!

It looks like a pretty fun ride. It will be interesting to experience the first banked turn. It looks like there's about 2 seconds of sideways air time there which should be thrilling from that height (I think I saw that it crested at 180 feet?) and speed. The turn around is also going to be interesting to see how it feels, and the section right after the turn around looks fantastic. Also how will the airtime of the final camelback transition into the positive G's of the helix? Post helix looks pretty tame. Love that it's going to be in amongst the trees rather than out in the open. I'm still wondering if there will be another small surprise added in that we haven't seen from the plans.

I think this will be everyone's favorite ride in the park for a long time.

• Like 4

44 minutes ago, Turtlepower said:

The video looks very interesting, thanks for doing that!

It looks like a pretty fun ride. It will be interesting to experience the first banked turn. It looks like there's about 2 seconds of sideways air time there which should be thrilling from that height (I think I saw that it crested at 180 feet?) and speed. The turn around is also going to be interesting to see how it feels, and the section right after the turn around looks fantastic. Also how will the airtime of the final camelback transition into the positive G's of the helix? Post helix looks pretty tame. Love that it's going to be in amongst the trees rather than out in the open. I'm still wondering if there will be another small surprise added in this at we haven't seen from the plans.

I think this will be everyone's favorite ride in the park for a long time.

I don’t think there will be any surprises. Plans are plans 

• Like 1

I’ve been looking at this NL2 creation and a few things pop out to me.

First, very good recreation. This is probably exactly what ours will be like, element wise. However, some of the shaping leads me to believe some of the forces may be off.

Firstly, on the small speed hill, I don’t believe it will reach -1.1 Gs. If you compare it to those camelbacks found on fury, you can see how Fury’s exit is more drawn out in comparison. On this recreation, the coaster bites down, which would give more negative Gs when whipping over the top. While I hope to be wrong, I think we’ll see a less aggressive dive out of that hill.

f77b7136657164f248c0afca71853402.jpg8d4d226db807591742df2756fbf9b636.jpg

Second, I actually believe the reverse treble will have more airtime than the video shows. This recreation has a slight movement going up the reverse treble instead of being straight which will dampen the airtime a bit. Looking at Fury’s, you can see that the track is straight from the top of the treble to the bottom, only rotating slightly around the heart line of the coaster for the banking. This should give airtime from when you start rotating to a little bit down the treble. You may find it odd but B&M tends to use zero G transitions on their gigas. Fury’s banked turns have airtime because they go from constant positive Gs to zero g transitions, as seen also at the top of the treble. This will extend the airtime on the treble slightly before the positive G section on the spiral down. In addition, this same shaping should also give airtime on the first overbank (specifically on the entrance and exit) and the end hive dive element.

ce23f2ecf8b6c46e890d61adb002f086.jpgd6a42eb4113ef7761d86afd01acf8eaf.jpg

Lastly, I believe the coaster will actually pull 5 Gs rather than 4.25. Correct me if I’m wrong but I believe B&M hypers are designed to pull 5 Gs in the pullouts of their coasters. If this is the case, I think the reason this recreation pulls 4.25 Gs is just a small shaping error. I could be wrong about this tho, I just partially remember hearing this about B&M hyper models.

Again, this was a very good recreation. B&M shaping is very unique and very challenging to make. (I would know, I’m terrible at it!)

I just can’t wait to ride this coaster and see how the elements feel!

The pictures from the recreation are from[mention=11653]DustinTheNow[/mention] and AmusementInsiders video. The picture of Fury’s camelback is from google, and the picture of the treble clef is one I took.

Edit: I would just like to add that some of this discussion may be incorrect due to the camera for the POV being the rider cam, which dampers turning and such. I could only be for sure if it was a static, rail-level POV

Edit 2: I was told hypers are actually built to pull 4Gs, not 5, so 4.25 is an accurate max positive G force prediction

• Like 7
  • Thanks 2

This part looks AMAZING. Can't believe more people aren't talking about it!https___uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com_20190602_ce23f2ecf8b6c46e890d61adb002f086.jpg

I cannot wait to ride this. Watching Leviathan's POV, I think this will be a better ride. Compared to Fury, not so much. It also seems to have the same ride time from drop to break run as Levi, and 5-8 seconds shorter than Fury. I am excited! 

• Like 7

• malem locked this topic