Decoding 2020

fryoj

1 hour ago, DiamondBanshee said:

I’ve been looking at this NL2 creation and a few things pop out to me.

First, very good recreation. This is probably exactly what ours will be like, element wise. However, some of the shaping leads me to believe some of the forces may be off.

Firstly, on the small speed hill, I don’t believe it will reach -1.1 Gs. If you compare it to those camelbacks found on fury, you can see how Fury’s exit is more drawn out in comparison. On this recreation, the coaster bites down, which would give more negative Gs when whipping over the top. While I hope to be wrong, I think we’ll see a less aggressive dive out of that hill.

f77b7136657164f248c0afca71853402.jpg8d4d226db807591742df2756fbf9b636.jpg

Second, I actually believe the reverse treble will have more airtime than the video shows. This recreation has a slight movement going up the reverse treble instead of being straight which will dampen the airtime a bit. Looking at Fury’s, you can see that the track is straight from the top of the treble to the bottom, only rotating slightly around the heart line of the coaster for the banking. This should give airtime from when you start rotating to a little bit down the treble. You may find it odd but B&M tends to use zero G transitions on their gigas. Fury’s banked turns have airtime because they go from constant positive Gs to zero g transitions, as seen also at the top of the treble. This will extend the airtime on the treble slightly before the positive G section on the spiral down. In addition, this same shaping should also give airtime on the first overbank (specifically on the entrance and exit) and the end hive dive element.

ce23f2ecf8b6c46e890d61adb002f086.jpgd6a42eb4113ef7761d86afd01acf8eaf.jpg

Lastly, I believe the coaster will actually pull 5 Gs rather than 4.25. Correct me if I’m wrong but I believe B&M hypers are designed to pull 5 Gs in the pullouts of their coasters. If this is the case, I think the reason this recreation pulls 4.25 Gs is just a small shaping error. I could be wrong about this tho, I just partially remember hearing this about B&M hyper models.

Again, this was a very good recreation. B&M shaping is very unique and very challenging to make. (I would know, I’m terrible at it!)

I just can’t wait to ride this coaster and see how the elements feel!

The pictures from the recreation are from[mention=11653]DustinTheNow[/mention] and AmusementInsiders video. The picture of Fury’s camelback is from google, and the picture of the treble clef is one I took.

Edit: I would just like to add that some of this discussion may be incorrect due to the camera for the POV being the rider cam, which dampers turning and such. I could only be for sure if it was a static, rail-level POV

Edit 2: I was told hypers are actually built to pull 4Gs, not 5, so 4.25 is an accurate max positive G force prediction

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hi! I’m actually really happy that you took the time to analyze these elements. I spent WAY to long on them so that when anylized they’d pass the test of scrutiny.

I know for a fact my “recreation” isn’t perfect because we don’t have B&M’s 3D model of the ride. However concerning both those elements based on the blueprints (I used a direct scaled overlay to make the elements) I’m pretty confident in the shaping to the extent they demonstrate the concept of the respective element. 

For the first turn around that I am calling a “reverse dive turn” has a a little bit of airtime at the “crest” but since we know the high and low points from the blueprints and the turn shape from a top down view. 

5B8A6B94-4FA4-42F8-87B0-9C3DE6BF574B.jpeg

It would appear to be a more standard turn then “reverse treble clef” like we originally thought.

secondly, the airtime hop was shaped based on the locations and heights of the high and low points and their distances from one another, and I minimized the negative as best as possible with out going crazy on the pullout of the drop from the hill. The height of the Hill is about 54 ft. 

98182C54-C4B1-4BFB-BFF5-2D26F43FA319.png

Let me know if you’d like any other angles of the coaster from No Limits 2! This is the point, to truly decode this project and investigate how awesome this ride will truly be!

Side note... is there a better way to get a POV then ride view? 

• Like 8
  • Thanks 3

8 hours ago, flightoffear1996 said:

I don’t think there will be any surprises. Plans are plans 

Doesn't mean plan changes cannot be submitted. I honestly think all that we would even remotely possibly see added ride wise would be maybe an above ground tunnel like Levi. Maybe some theming additions.

I'm 99.99999999992% sure the layout is the layout. Unless KI/CF is pulling some super secret squirrel stuff with, like NSA and CIA assistance.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, kirbias1 said:

What on print makes most believe this will be a reverse treble clef? To me, it just looks like the standard turn around that Leviathan has.

The highest elevation on the turn is on the left side, so the shaping is more one-sided than the turn on Leviathan. It also curves inward a bit like a wave turn, whereas Leviathan stays relatively straight until it reaches the apex. I'd screenshot the differences if OneDrive was working on my PC.

• Like 4

5 minutes ago, ethancoaster said:

The highest elevation on the turn is on the left side, so the shaping is more one-sided than the turn on Leviathan. It also curves inward a bit like a wave turn, whereas Leviathan stays relatively straight until it reaches the apex. I'd screenshot the differences if OneDrive was working on my PC.

Leviathan F1D7CEA9-90E4-46F8-96F9-281D050EF2E5.jpeg

Ours

89222853-D42D-4787-974F-75D3A049EB4B.jpeg

• Like 6

19 minutes ago, thatguyfromohio said:

39c1e9c7f7ed7ade91fec05b0cf9a076.jpg
I wonder if they’ll use a non chosen name in theming like something like this.

That looks like Mystic Timbers station? Can you confirm this thatguyfromohio? Also I wanted to ask If there's been any new digging in the land clearing photo?

• Like 1

7 hours ago, collin.klopfstein said:

Drove by CSF yesterday and the first picture with the circle is where all of the Kings Island giga track is, the second picture is where the lift hill section of the giga was but it has been taken inside to be painted

5B16C876-C414-4842-B408-6AE6A7E6D57C.jpeg

Thats not where the KI track was sitting. It was here:

58749321_2334997550079183_90451722073611

• Like 3

On 5/31/2019 at 2:52 PM, medford said:

A floorless B&M seems like a natural replacement for Vortex, should either of those be at the end of their lifespan (no idea, but they seem to be the most talked about)

I would love love to see a floorless come to Kings Island. In my opinion, that's one coaster that's missing from the park. I feel like Cedar Point is more complete now with Rougarou since 2015. I know some people will argue that coaster sucks, but to me I love it! Maybe when Kings Island does decide to build one, they could build the first one with the vest restraints. Heck I think it would be awesome to have the first Floorless Giga, but the likelyhood of that happening is slim. There would be a lot of butterflies going down the first drop though.

• Like 4

I would love love to see a floorless come to Kings Island. In my opinion, that's one coaster that's missing from the park. I feel like Cedar Point is more complete now with Rougarou since 2015. I know some people will argue that coaster sucks, but to me I love it! Maybe when Kings Island does decide to build one, they could build the first one with the vest restraints. Heck I think it would be awesome to have the first Floorless Giga, but the likelyhood of that happening is slim. There would be a lot of butterflies going down the first drop though.
I dont think I've ever wanted somthing more in my life lol that sounds amazing. A flourless giga

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

11 minutes ago, Codyfryguy said:

I dont think I've ever wanted somthing more in my life lol that sounds amazing. A flourless giga

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

How much flour do they use when baking a normal giga? 

• Like 2
  • Haha 11

On 5/31/2019 at 10:30 PM, TristinTargaryen said:

They’d basically have to build the ride from the ground up, and at that point you might as well spend the money on a new coaster and not rebuilding a smoother copy of something that is already there.

Plus the footers would have to be spread out more to accommodate the layout of Vortex.

• Like 2

Just now, collin.klopfstein said:

That brown track is Hershey track, that where I took the picture and the track for the giga was moved and put inside to be painted

I'm talking about the gray track against the building. That's the MCT track that is KI's. Your pic that you say is where the KI track was with the brown curved track is taken of that brighter blue section of the building off to the left of the Midway Mayhem pic. Here is another pic from them showing the area you are saying where the KI track was. The same curved pieces are sitting there. 

59410551_2334997483412523_30320670635154

https://www.facebook.com/pg/MidwayMayhem/photos/?tab=album&album_id=2334996800079258&ref=page_internal

• Like 3

^Yes I did. I don’t really know what it could be (I don’t think it’ll be a standup type ride. Maybe seats facing away from the track?), but it’s exciting that they’re possibly making a brand new coaster type. It seems like it would be a good fit for CP if they every decide to have a coaster interact more with the water (at least just based off the name)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 5

I know Tony Clark has always been joking about getting an Aquatrax, and maybe since Cedar Fair is B&M’s playground, they will build their first water coaster at Cedar Point.

Edit: Since Carowinds recently removed their Intamin River Rapids Ride, maybe they are also a possibility for receiving this new coaster... if it is a water coaster.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

• malem locked this topic