Decoding 2020

fryoj

2 hours ago, fryoj said:

How much flour do they use when baking a normal giga? 

I'm glad we're finally asking the hard questions... It appears we've stumbled upon the record that counts, y'all: World's First Gluten Free Giga Coaster!

And isn't that Surf Coaster filing somewhat old at this point?

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

Was at the park today... went up the Eiffel Tower just to get a quick look.  Here’s a pic.

BTW - I hate the lower deck of the ET...  that flooring needs replaced - it buckles in spots and scares me to death.  I was weak in the knees the entire time I was up there.  The upper deck isn’t nearly as scary.

56B59793-1824-4992-93AC-DD7FE5030A38.jpeg

• Like 11
  • Thanks 1

26 minutes ago, Shaggy said:

Was at the park today... went up the Eiffel Tower just to get a quick look.  Here’s a pic.

BTW - I hate the lower deck of the ET...  that flooring needs replaced - it buckles in spots and scares me to death.  I was weak in the knees the entire time I was up there.  The upper deck isn’t nearly as scary.

I agree! I don't scare easily but I feel genuinely unsafe on the lower deck. The top deck feels more sturdy, the floors aren't as rusted and don't buckle as much, plus if you fall through the top floor, the second floor MIGHT catch you lol 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2

27 minutes ago, XBeastGirlX said:

I agree! I don't scare easily but I feel genuinely unsafe on the lower deck. The top deck feels more sturdy, the floors aren't as rusted and don't buckle as much, plus if you fall through the top floor, the second floor MIGHT catch you lol 

Every time I go up there It seems like they take us right to the top. When is there the option to go to the lower floor?

• Like 5

1 hour ago, Shaggy said:

Shaggy are you talking about the 50 ft observation deck that has been closed to the public since probably the '80s?

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Shaggy said:

In my opinion, the reason people are scared is because if the floor breaks, there's nothing to break your fall except the roof of the 50 ft platform or the ground.

Ya know, I wonder if you jumped of the 265 ft platform if you could find any way to make a landing in the Oktoberfest pond!!.......idk..... that certainly would be pretty wild!!

• Confused 1

48 minutes ago, KI Guy said:

Shaggy are you talking about the 50 ft observation deck that has been closed to the public since probably the '80s?

He is talking about the 265-foot level. There are two decks at the top at 275 and 265 feet.

• Like 4

Still hard to believe they can actually make a lift hill taller than the top observation deck of the Eiffel Tower. When I was a kid going up on the tower, I never would have believed it was possible. Just another reason to be excited for this giga. It's still a marvel of technology. 3oo feet up will never fail to be shocking to me.

• Like 6

After looking at photos online it does appear that the top observation area does consist of two decks. I don't recall ever going to the lower one myself, but I may have in the past.
Photo credit: https://www.flickr.com/photos/longestaugust/7871291868

7871291868_8f2bcaedea_b.jpg

Lower one is only ever open when it’s raining, so you don’t get wet

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  • Like 5

3 minutes ago, thatguyfromohio said:

Lower one is only ever open when it’s raining, so you don’t get wet

The lower one has been open the past 3 times I was there...  and it wasn’t raining either time.

• Like 3

52 minutes ago, CoasterMegRN said:

In my experience it's never been an "option."
You just get off where the elevator stops. Always random for me but I'm guessing it's based on how many people are already on each level

You do realize the elevator on the left (when waiting in line)goes to the lower level only, and the elevator on the right goes to the top level only, right? There’s no random option as to what level your elevator stops at.  It just depends which level they decide to operate for the day.  I can’t remember the last time I was there when both levels were open simultaneously.

• Like 9

You do realize the elevator on the left (when waiting in line)goes to the lower level only, and the elevator on the right goes to the top level only, right? There’s no random option as to what level your elevator stops at.  It just depends which level they decide to operate for the day.  I can’t remember the last time I was there when both levels were open simultaneously.

Nope, never realized that. However (like a lot of people on here apparently) I only recently realized there were two upper levels.

• Like 4

26 minutes ago, Shaggy said:

No need to talk down to everyone. Especially with topics as pointless as elevators. :lol: But thank you for that information; I didn't know that either.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

I’ve seen both open. It’s rare, only when they are VERY busy, and when they are overflowing with staff. 

Also, I don’t think that @Shaggy was talking down. You’d be surprised how many don’t know that the elevators go to different floors. For the record, most of the time the top (right side elevator) is that one that’s open usually. Most of the time the bottom level is open on rainy days since it’s protected by the upper floor.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

I asked about the Eiffel Tower top levels when we were up last year.  I was told the answer that others have given: if there is threat of rain, or it rained recently, they use the lower level.

However, it my experience it seems more arbitrary than that.  To me it would make sense to use both elevators equally, as that distributes the maintenance between them equally.

• Like 2

• malem locked this topic