Decoding 2020

fryoj

5 hours ago, thatguyfromohio said:

9bb572dd156aac2f7a8d2aaa419367f5.jpg

Another bored night, made this for Dustin, who made the pov

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Some have said it looks like a hangar, but it could sort of look like an observatory building if they have a telescope mock-up, and with the star names, it could fit.

• Like 4

6 hours ago, thatguyfromohio said:

9bb572dd156aac2f7a8d2aaa419367f5.jpg

Another bored night, made this for Dustin, who made the pov

If you're going for realism, you'll want to rearrange the steps a bit. On the entrance side, they look this this:

entrance.jpg

On the exit/lift side, they look like this:

exit.jpg

Here's an overview of the station and the 3 sets of steps. Note how the exit steps start perpendicular to the station but then angle outwards at the landing. 

overview.jpg

• Like 3

If you're going for realism, you'll want to rearrange the steps a bit. On the entrance side, they look this this:
entrance.thumb.jpg.9f6a6cdc5dd7454f0e99213d60a62b24.jpg

On the exit/lift side, they look like this:
exit.jpg.cbf7564c09109874fdcd63fdba036e89.jpg

Here's an overview of the station and the 3 sets of steps. Note how the exit steps start perpendicular to the station but then angle outwards at the landing. 
overview.jpg.d07e61e2dc9da8c20c2f2e26be833282.jpg

Ya I know how it is. Going off how no limits is, just a mock up because no limits station stairs are like that.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Pagoda Gift Shop said:

I asked about the Eiffel Tower top levels when we were up last year.  I was told the answer that others have given: if there is threat of rain, or it rained recently, they use the lower level.

However, it my experience it seems more arbitrary than that.  To me it would make sense to use both elevators equally, as that distributes the maintenance between them equally.

But if your running both elevators and load/unload after the cycle at the saMe rate the elevators are still making the same number of cycles so I would think you would just have double the maintenance. 

9 hours ago, calakapepe said:

Same could be pointed out about WindSeeker. :p
The riders probably aren't reaching that 301' height 

as a former op for WindSeeker i can confirm you dont ever reach that 301ft height. guests are right about the 260ft mark with the gondolas moving

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On an interesting note, I decided to count the pieces of track section on the Project X lift hill from bottom to the top. Compare with Fury 325 and both have 9 pieces track sections so that mean Project X is tied with Fury 325?

Have anyone look at that number of track sections on Fury 325, Leviathan, and Project X?

• Like 2

On 5/26/2019 at 8:17 PM, BSBMX said:

This might be a stretch since I can't find much info about "Hot Shot", but I saw this ES33 tag, and its note pertains to power to a "Hot Shot", which instantly made me think of on-ride photo systems. Googling didn't return much, except for this site (which does have history working with other amusement parks), but they look like they're more on the software side of things instead of hardware. Anyways, if I had to guess, I'd say the on-ride photo is right here at the bottom of the first drop.

https://www.hotshotsimaging.com/

hot shot.jpg

I had speculated earlier that the on-ride camera would be at the base of the first drop, based on electrical notes for something called "Hot Shot". I came across the below image over the weekend and saw the "Big Shot" on the camera and had mistakenly thought that's what I had remembered seeing on the KI blueprint, but now I see they're named differently. However, after seeing this Big Shot logo, I'm pretty sure I remember seeing the same on Vortex and maybe a few others in the park. Still, I'm thinking that's what we have here, but I'm not sure why the names do not match.

big shot.jpg

• Like 5

On 5/22/2019 at 4:46 PM, BSBMX said:

Each track piece is numbered on one of those blueprints. It's not super clear in the station and transfer area, so I had to guess there, but I'm estimating there are 148 track pieces in total. If I take Fury's track pieces of 192 and length of 6602', I get an average piece length of 34.385'. An estimate of 148 pieces at 34.385' gives me a length of 5089', assuming KI's coaster and Fury have a similar distributed estimated of track lengths.

Lift height, 286'

Drop height, 301'

Track length, 5089'

12 minutes ago, BMBOY said:

On an interesting note, I decided to count the pieces of track section on the Project X lift hill from bottom to the top. Compare with Fury 325 and both have 9 pieces track sections so that mean Project X is tied with Fury 325?

Have anyone look at that number of track sections on Fury 325, Leviathan, and Project X?

Way earlier in the thread, I had counted the total number of pieces of the entire track (148) and compared to Fury's (192) to estimate track length. Since then, several NL models have come out that are all 200-300' longer than my estimate, so my numbers above may not be as accurate as the NL models.

But, it sounds like you're comparing height, which we confidently know that the KI coaster is not as tall as Fury, based on the blueprints. 

• Like 1

I wanted to post this here to give people insight on what to expect on a Giga years after it opens. Skip to 12:14 for the Leviathan POV, it's running much faster than usual. I'm also posting this so it gives you an idea on the speed of the first overbank on this ride (Which is about 16ft taller, which shouldn't make a difference) and also the last cammelback on Levi is about 10-15ft shorter than this one, with trim on and while going about 60-63mph, so I'm expecting the KI Giga to go into it slightly faster but have the same speed accounting for the trim. And the ending for both coasters seem to be the same except with the KI Giga having a steeper banking. 

• Like 1

47 minutes ago, BSBMX said:

I had speculated earlier that the on-ride camera would be at the base of the first drop, based on electrical notes for something called "Hot Shot". I came across the below image over the weekend and saw the "Big Shot" on the camera and had mistakenly thought that's what I had remembered seeing on the KI blueprint, but now I see they're named differently. However, after seeing this Big Shot logo, I'm pretty sure I remember seeing the same on Vortex and maybe a few others in the park. Still, I'm thinking that's what we have here, but I'm not sure why the names do not match.

That's my bad, @BSBMX. I mistakenly thought "Hot Shot" was "Big Shot." Could totally be a similar/updated product, but I was remembering the wrong company.

2 hours ago, collin.klopfstein said:

When did blue racers close ? Is it because of construction?

Blue Racer opens every day at or around noon. It's never open at the start of the day unless there is something keeping the red side from opening.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, thatguyfromohio said:

Hopefully we have some kind of generator for ours Incase if power outage

Diamondback has a Kohler Diesel Generator situated nearby. Several other rides have a similar one. However, these are rarely used. In the event of a power outage—so long as the trains are in a normal stopped locations with proper accessibility—they’d most likely just evacuate the guests and wait for power to be restored before firing up a generator. 

• Like 3

Hopefully everyone enjoys Mondo Monsoon this season. I have NO definitive evidence, but since other parks have removed their funnel slides, it wouldn't surprise me to see KI remove there's. Again, no evidence other than hear say which is to be taken with a grain of salt. I love this slide and it's a people eater on busy days. The waterpark will be due for an upgrade in the next few years though.

• Like 5

10 minutes ago, collin.klopfstein said:

First visit to Kings Island this year and the Flight of Fear queue on the speakers it keeps talking about deployment for hangar 18? 

That's a normal part of that ride's themeing. It's done that for years.

• Like 6

• malem locked this topic