Decoding 2020

fryoj

On 6/2/2019 at 1:21 PM, Codyfryguy said:

I dont think I've ever wanted somthing more in my life lol that sounds amazing. A flourless giga

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

So, does that mean it wouldn’t rise? :P

JK, I know what you meant. Yeah, a floorless giga would be crazy. I would love to see a floorless come to KI.

• Like 5
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, thatguyfromohio said:

Currently on my way to Kings Island, was at carowinds this morning, should I stop by CSF or have we gotten updated pics

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yes please!

• Like 3

9 minutes ago, thatguyfromohio said:

Currently on my way to Kings Island, was at carowinds this morning, should I stop by CSF or have we gotten updated pics

If you can get pics of where the KI track was, that would be helpful, though I suspect its still sitting there. 

• Like 3

On 6/1/2019 at 9:04 PM, Phantom Theater said:

This part looks AMAZING. Can't believe more people aren't talking about it!https___uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com_20190602_ce23f2ecf8b6c46e890d61adb002f086.jpg

I cannot wait to ride this. Watching Leviathan's POV, I think this will be a better ride. Compared to Fury, not so much. It also seems to have the same ride time from drop to break run as Levi, and 5-8 seconds shorter than Fury. I am excited! 

Using a Youtube Doubler, I can vouch: if this recreation is anywhere near accurate, both the 2020 KI Giga and Leviathan have the exact same length (in time) from their drop to when they hit the final brakes:

http://youtubedoubler.com/?video1=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.youtube.com%2Fwatch%3Fv%3DqIrBVVxg_XE&start1=105&video2=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.youtube.com%2Fwatch%3Fv%3Dey2PeEL12W0&start2=58&authorName=Polaris+vs+Levi

Edit: Just re-watched the doubler, and the KI Giga was a second or so longer. Might just be a timing error. Still, a mere second or two longer is "about the same length" in my book.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 2

1 hour ago, kissfan4 said:

Just out of curiosity, does anyone have a drone to get aerial photos of track at CSF? If you take off from public land, you can get good pics without stepping foot on private property.

PSA: It is very hard to know if a person is trespassing with drone footage, making those types of photos almost impossible to moderate. If there is any drone footage posted that we cannot clearly tell it was taken from a neutral location we will not host them and will be removed.

• Like 7

^Not trying to be snarky, just genuinely curious. If we were to take a picture of the drone taking off from a neutral, non-private area, and keep the drone from entering any unauthorized airspace/buildings, would we be able to post drone photos and videos?

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, DiamondBanshee said:

^Not trying to be snarky, just genuinely curious. If we were to take a picture of the drone taking off from a neutral, non-private area, and keep the drone from entering any unauthorized airspace/buildings, would we be able to post drone photos and videos?

Unless you are going to fly directly over the roads, you'll have to cross someone's property to get to CSF.

^^Unless the FAA has amended its rules on drones, private property owners cannot allow or disallow any drones flying in the airspace around their property as they technically do not own the airspace. The FAA is the governing body over all airspaces. While there are many rules, such as it must be under 400’, it must be in sight at all times, you cannot fly over humans, etc. flying over private property is not a restriction. So as long as you take off from non-private property, are outside a 5 mile radius of an airport (more rules on this and when you can be in the radius), and follow all other rules set forth by the FAA, it is perfectly legal.

So again, my previous question still stands. If we were to have proof of taking off and landing from an appropriate, legal spot, and the pictures are taken from, a neutral, legal airspace, would we be able to post pictures and videos?

• Like 3

So with the FAA thing. You are correct that they do own the airspace, however:

1) It’s still private property and they can still politely inform you that you will be charged with trespassing if you ever step foot on it.

2) Flying over crowds of people is still illegal, so it wouldn’t be able to be while the park was in operation anyway.

Just respect their wishes. All you’ll get is more of what we’ve seen, and no doubt the park will doing a million updates of the construction. Patience is a virtue.

• Like 3

13 minutes ago, DiamondBanshee said:

^^Unless the FAA has amended its rules on drones, private property owners cannot allow or disallow any drones flying in the airspace around their property as they technically do not own the airspace. The FAA is the governing body over all airspaces. While there are many rules, such as it must be under 400’, it must be in sight at all times, you cannot fly over humans, etc. flying over private property is not a restriction. So as long as you take off from non-private property, are outside a 5 mile radius of an airport (more rules on this and when you can be in the radius), and follow all other rules set forth by the FAA, it is perfectly legal.

So again, my previous question still stands. If we were to have proof of taking off and landing from an appropriate, legal spot, and the pictures are taken from, a neutral, legal airspace, would we be able to post pictures and videos?

Maintaining line of sight with the drone from a parking lot you have permission to fly out of might be difficult. 

1 minute ago, BoddaH1994 said:

So with the FAA thing. You are correct that they do own the airspace, however:

1) It’s still private property and they can still politely inform you that you will be charged with trespassing if you ever step foot on it.

2) Flying over crowds of people is still illegal, so it wouldn’t be able to be while the park was in operation anyway.

Just respect their wishes. All you’ll get is more of what we’ve seen, and no doubt the park will doing a million updates of the construction. Patience is a virtue.

Pretty sure he was talking about CSF

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, BoddaH1994 said:

Oh... Then go for it. :ph34r:

**I am not speaking on behalf of KIC

My feelings exactly, I don't understand how we can get aerial pics of the park but some may be a no go for CSF? Just curious why?

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, spooky21 said:

My feelings exactly, I don't understand how we can get aerial pics of the park but some may be a no go for CSF? Just curious why?

This is about drones. The park has made it clear that drones are not allowed. Due to the crowds, it would also be against FAA rules to fly it over the park. CSF would not have those restrictions. 

• malem locked this topic