Decoding 2020

fryoj

3 hours ago, AZ Kinda Guy said:

B&M uses pneumatic brakes or drive tires to bring trains to a complete stop. You primarily see the drive tires on areas of the coaster where it is traveling at a low speed. Such as in stations, base of lifts, and ready brakes. Pneumatic brakes in the midcourse and safety brakes. Correct  on not being “pinch brakes.” The pneumatic brakes make contact with pads that are bolted in the middle section of the trains lower frame.

3 hours ago, Gordon Bombay said:

Thank you, @AZ Kinda Guy. Any insight on generators and power redundancies?

Diamondback is the only coaster at KI with a backup generator. It’s only to restart the lift in the case of a power outage. There’s also a system on the mid course brake run to manually release the train back to the safety brakes. It then needs to be evacuated from there. I don’t know if this comes standard on B&M mega coasters.

As you know, all coasters will come to an automatic stop in the next block in the case of a power outage. Only on the arrow coasters, the trains need to be chalked eventually since the air pressure will bleed off after several hours.

• Like 1

Because they want to keep it?

I’ve heard a story told that there was some gorgeous big old tree they sort of built Beast around. All through construction it was kind of in the way, but they worked around it because they wanted to keep it. Towards the very end, it ended being accidentally damaged and had to be removed.

• Like 7
  • Thanks 1

25 minutes ago, Magenta Lizard said:

Because they want to keep it?

I’ve heard a story told that there was some gorgeous big old tree they sort of built Beast around. All through construction it was kind of in the way, but they worked around it because they wanted to keep it. Towards the very end, it ended being accidentally damaged and had to be removed.

Son of Beast was built around this tree and it’s still there! I think it’s become sort of a tradition. See also the 2 trees around Mystic Timbers drop. I’ve never heard the part about that tree actually being damaged and removed during Beast’s construction.

Edit, you can actually see this same tree in @sixohdieselrage‘s image.

384F202F-C101-4130-8155-93BE0FC8708F.jpeg

• Like 7

36 minutes ago, collin.klopfstein said:

I am so very sorry I let you guys down on the pictures, just too dark. I did get a glance and they are painting another section of the track blue

That’s okay, and thanks for keeping us in the know with what is going on at Clermont Steel Fabricators. However, do you know when you will be able to snap some photos because that will make my day?

• Like 4

6 minutes ago, FUN&ONLY! said:

That’s okay, and thanks for keeping us in the know with what is going on at Clermont Steel Fabricators. However, do you know when you will be able to snap some photos because that will make my day?

I will try everyday to get photos but it will be hard, I am only 14 and can’t drive so that sucks

• Like 6

3 minutes ago, collin.klopfstein said:

I will try everyday to get photos but it will be hard, I am only 14 and can’t drive so that sucks

No worries, thanks for trying! But hey any picture is better then no picture. Do you recall what this second piece looks like?

• Like 2

20 minutes ago, DustinTheNow said:

No worries, thanks for trying! But hey any picture is better then no picture. Do you recall what this second piece looks like?

It was hung up with the garage door open being painted blue, it looked sorta like this but we drove by quick so I might be wrong.”yes I know this is a picture of Yukon track but it was the closest picture I could find , the track I saw wasn’t as twisted”

B54779B5-A069-4ABE-9426-DA220F487A7E.jpeg

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

Sorry to nitpick but I'm curious, do you mean just one PLC, or a series of them that perform different tasks?

I’ve never seen any complex machine run on one singular PLC. It usually requires a few of them. It’s all based upon the I/O functions, area covered and how the logic is laid out.

I’m just speaking in general terms, since most don’t really understand a PLC and how it functions.

• Thanks 2

17 hours ago, LintemuthStudios said:

I just posted your latest layout (with the blue color scheme) on Reddit, and it's actually making people change their minds about the coaster. Everyone seems to love it!

Even if it's short, it'll still have the same impact on attendance as a dive coaster would, and it'll definitely have the better reception among enthusiasts.

What subreddit did you post too?

This is something that probably would have come up earlier if not for the trademarks recently registered by Cedar Fair... but we have no proof those are planned to be used for this coaster.

Am I the only one who finds it interesting that the same year the new coaster is being built, The Beast footprints make their reappearance, and the finale song changes to one called Footprints?

I propose Sasquatch as a potential name for the new Giga. 

• Like 5

15 minutes ago, Magenta Lizard said:

This is something that probably would have come up earlier if not for the trademarks recently registered by Cedar Fair... but we have no proof those are planned to be used for this coaster.

Am I the only one who finds it interesting that the same year the new coaster is being built, The Beast footprints make their reappearance, and the finale song changes to one called Footprints?

It's The Beasts 40th yr anniversary.  

• Like 5
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, Magenta Lizard said:

I’m on board but I vote we spell it “Samsquanch”

• Like 7
  • Haha 1

Please, for the love of all that is holy, no Sasquatch

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  • Like 3

• malem locked this topic