Decoding 2020

fryoj

39 minutes ago, XBeastGirlX said:

Is anyone going to go take pics at CSF today? I can around 7 this evening but don't want to make the drive is someone else closer is already planning on going 

I think you're the only one saying anything about going today, so pretty please!

• Like 8

I’m a little skeptical that there is any blue painted track. We are relying on what a 14 year old saw while being driven past CSF. Also I highly doubt that they would be painting the track near one of the open doors. Typically when you paint anything like this it would be done in a fully enclosed and well ventilated painting bay. I’d love to be wrong though.

• Like 5

On 6/5/2019 at 5:35 PM, ohiocoasterfan said:

I’m a little skeptical that there is any blue painted track. We are relying on what a 14 year old saw while being driven past CSF. Also I highly doubt that they would be painting the track near one of the open doors. Typically when you paint anything like this it would be done in a fully enclosed and well ventilated painting bay. I’d love to be wrong though.

I believe that he saw the blue track being painted as others on this thread have commented on also seeing Clermont Steel Fabricators painting the track inside. However, I am not sure the track will be outside yet because if they have only recently started painting it, then they probably have not painted a whole lot. They might just be keeping it inside for the time being until they feel the need to move it. I do believe collin.klopfstein and that he saw the blue track!

• Like 4

This is something that probably would have come up earlier if not for the trademarks recently registered by Cedar Fair... but we have no proof those are planned to be used for this coaster.
Am I the only one who finds it interesting that the same year the new coaster is being built, The Beast footprints make their reappearance, and the finale song changes to one called Footprints?
I propose Sasquatch as a potential name for the new Giga. 

I like it. What about "Gargantuan"? Gargantuan the Giga lol. I do believe it'll most likely be either Orion or Polaris tho. I'm on team Orion!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  • Like 4

1 minute ago, DustinTheNow said:

So .. you going? :huh:

No, sorry I'm not gonna go today. I live about an hour away and was going to drive by and then go to KI. Now strong storms are moving in so I won't be able to ride anything therefore making the drive not worth it. I'm hoping to go in the morning on my way to KI if anyone else hasn't posted pics before then. 

And so the wait continues...

• Like 6

37 minutes ago, XBeastGirlX said:

No, sorry I'm not gonna go today. I live about an hour away and was going to drive by and then go to KI. Now strong storms are moving in so I won't be able to ride anything therefore making the drive not worth it. I'm hoping to go in the morning on my way to KI if anyone else hasn't posted pics before then. 

And so the wait continues...

Seems like CSF can change the weather to suit them. Wasnt good weather yesterday, same today. Haha

• Like 5
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, FUN&ONLY! said:

I believe that he saw the blue track being painted as others on this thread have commented on also seeing Clermont Steel Fabricators painting the track inside. However, I am not sure the track will be outside yet because if they have only recently started painting it, then they probably have not painted a whole lot. They might just be keeping it inside for the time being until they feel the need to move it. I do believe colin.klopfstein and that he saw the blue track!

Thank you !

• Like 3

32 minutes ago, collin.klopfstein said:

Probably would be longer than our giga (°▽°)

The old Vekoma is already longer than the giga!

/s

27 minutes ago, DeltaFlyer said:

The earth drill has been moved over to where (I would guess) the base of the drop or the final helix will end up being, to the right of the existing maintenance sheds. 

Awesome. Got any pics for us?

• Like 3

Random question, and don't mean to derail the discussion, but --

Does anyone have a history of how CSF became B&M's choice to produce their track? It seems entirely odd to me that a company from Switzerland would pinpoint some plant in the middle of Clermont County, Ohio. 

• Like 5

Does anyone have a history of how CSF became B&M's choice to produce their track? It seems entirely odd to me that a company from Switzerland would pinpoint some plant in the middle of Clermont County, Ohio. 

I believe CSF did work for Arrow Dynamics and B&M really liked the quality of work produced.

I believe this is what I’ve heard but I may be wrong.

Edit: Found a little story about it http://newsplusnotes.blogspot.com/2008/12/scott-carol-present.html?m=1

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 5

3 minutes ago, jdawg1998 said:

Their wiki is very informative. 

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Clermont_Steel_Fabricators

• Like 3

• malem locked this topic