Decoding 2020

fryoj

34 minutes ago, Logan said:

Really anything that doesn’t involve orange as a primary color should look great.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

So we can count you out on the Bengal coaster?

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

5 hours ago, Logan said:

Really anything that doesn’t involve orange as a primary color should look great.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I actually like Orange on a coaster, not sure why... Great orange coasters include The Bat, Valravn and Rougarou. Also Fahrenheit and Talon.

That being said, that blue looks awesome. If I got to pick the support color, I’d probably go with white or black, just because I can’t think of any other color that work well with that blue track.

• Like 3

11 hours ago, DustinTheNow said:

And here it is! After almost a month of hard work and careful speculation and blueprint analysis along with all y’all, here is my updated and improved recreation of the Kings Island Giga in the supposed color scheme! Give it a watch! 

Millennium Force: B&M Edition

• Like 5

1 hour ago, MDMC01 said:

I actually like Orange on a coaster, not sure why... Great orange coasters include The Bat, Valravn and Rougarou. Also Fahrenheit and Talon.

That being said, that blue looks awesome. If I got to pick the support color, I’d probably go with white or black, just because I can’t think of any other color that work well with that blue track.

Yes, I’m really holding out that that white is actually primer and the coaster will be exactly these colors!

DB4221A5-0249-460E-B3EB-946390E2FAE8.png

• Like 5

I thought maybe a NASA-themed giga would be pretty cool. Blue track with alternating red and white supports. With the trains painted or designed to look like space shuttles. Each train could have a space shuttle type of name too. It would also compliment Racer and Coney Mall really well too.

• Like 6

Looked at the shed behind Racer today. There was electrical work going on. They were installing conduit and hanging lights. I noticed when going up the Blue Racer Lift Hill that there are a couple of large boxes that have tarps in them. I suspect this is a soft sided structure. Not sure what it will hold, but it definitely isn’t like the other pole barns nearby. 

• Like 4

46 minutes ago, TristinTargaryen said:

I thought maybe a NASA-themed giga would be pretty cool. Blue track with alternating red and white supports. With the trains painted or designed to look like space shuttles. Each train could have a space shuttle type of name too. It would also compliment Racer and Coney Mall really well too.

Reminds me a lot of Hyperion at Energylandia!

I don’t know if this has been asked before, but are those Firehawk trains confirmed to be going to Carowinds? It’s just weird that they’d still have them and they haven’t scrapped them yet.
Well, Beastgals husband said that they are going to be modified to use on the GiGa. I think she called it a bird coaster, but that she likes the cowboy coaster much better.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

• Like 3
  • Haha 3

22 minutes ago, ethancoaster said:

I don’t know if this has been asked before, but are those Firehawk trains confirmed to be going to Carowinds? It’s just weird that they’d still have them and they haven’t scrapped them yet.

I believe Firehawk's trains are incompatible with Nighthawk's since the later was the prototype.   The fact they didn't get sold to SFA is also telling. 

I say both the remaining Flying Dutchman coasters won't last 5 more years. 

• Like 8

58 minutes ago, silver2005 said:

I believe Firehawk's trains are incompatible with Nighthawk's since the later was the prototype.   The fact they didn't get sold to SFA is also telling. 

I say both the remaining Flying Dutchman coasters won't last 5 more years. 

Both were completely rewired and modernized when they were moved. Not sure if that would make them compatible or not, but it’s worth consideration. 

• Like 5

I thought there were other differences between Firehawk and Nighthawk like the seat lifting mechanism.  I could be wrong.  Unfortunately, the site where I was told that got rid of their forums and is all but dead now and I don't have the patience to go through the internet to find photos of that mechanism on both. 

In any case, if Firehawk has bit the dust already, I expect the other 2 to follow suit shortly. 

Finally, Flying Dutchman are already finicky enough when using their original trains.  Putting a new set of trains on one of them would be a disaster in terms of downtime.  

• Like 5

1 hour ago, silver2005 said:

I thought there were other differences between Firehawk and Nighthawk like the seat lifting mechanism.  I could be wrong.  Unfortunately, the site where I was told that got rid of their forums and is all but dead now and I don't have the patience to go through the internet to find photos of that mechanism on both. 

In any case, if Firehawk has bit the dust already, I expect the other 2 to follow suit shortly. 

Finally, Flying Dutchman are already finicky enough when using their original trains.  Putting a new set of trains on one of them would be a disaster in terms of downtime.  

I’m not sure you could just drop the train onto Nighthawk. In fact, I’d bet you couldn’t. However I’m sure there are certainly enough similarities for the trains to be parts donors. 

• Like 2

5 hours ago, MDMC01 said:

The problem with Orange is that it fades really easily and looks terrible if the park doesn't keep up with it (e.g. Tatsu, Georgia Scorcher, Goliath SFOG).

• Like 1

So I finally got a chance to get back to the park tonight and have to say.  There is a lot more room than what I thought based on pictures.  This coaster will be a monster. Can't wait to ride.  Seeing the construction progress in person has me quite pumped  lol

• Like 7

1 hour ago, silver2005 said:

In watching videos of all three Flying Dutchman’s in their 5 different locations, here’s what I noticed about the seat lifting mechanisms. Stealth used an off train hydraulic system which I’m assuming is the same as Firehawk’s. Nighthawk also uses an off train hydraulic system. X-Flight used on train lift motors on each seat. Batwing continues to use this system. When X-Flight was moved to KI, the on train system was removed and the off train hydraulic system was installed. I believe the motors from X-Flight were sold to Six Flags. If the Firehawk trains could be modified to accommodate a different lifting mechanism, one would think they could be converted back to their original configuration. There’s no reason to ship the entire train across the country. But by storing the trains at KI, CF has the potential to make money by selling parts to Six Flags or save money by shipping parts to Carowinds should the need arise. I do think eventually KI will decide that the location next to the new ride is not ideal and they’ll be moved elsewhere in the park. Nighthawk and Batwing are major coasters at their parks. I wouldn’t be surprised if they stuck around for a lot longer.

• Like 4

Great info, befat! What is the difference between onboard hydraulics and off train hydraulics? I just watched a video of Stealth and it looks like it had a similar system to Firehawk (I’m not sure how to spot the differences between the two systems).

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

• malem locked this topic